Germany: 'No evidence' Kaspersky software used by Russians for hacks

tao

BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany’s BSI federal cyber agency said on Wednesday it had no evidence to back media reports that Russian hackers used Kaspersky Lab antivirus software to spy on U.S. authorities.

“There are no plans to warn against the use of Kaspersky products since the BSI has no evidence for misconduct by the company or weaknesses in its software,” BSI said in an emailed response to questions about the latest media reports.

“The BSI has no indications at this time that the process occurred as described in the media.”

The New York Times reported on Tuesday that Israeli intelligence officials spying on Russian government hackers found they were using Kaspersky software as a sort of Google search to find sensitive data stored by U.S. government agencies and others.

It said the Russian operation also stole classified documents from a U.S. National Security Agency employee who had improperly stored them on his home computer, which had Kaspersky antivirus software installed on it.

The U.S. government last month ordered Kaspersky software removed from government computers, saying it was concerned the Moscow-based cyber security firm was vulnerable to Kremlin influence.

Kaspersky Lab has repeatedly denied any knowledge of, or involvement in, Russian hack1ing. ”Kaspersky Lab has never helped, nor will help, any government in the world with its cyberespionage efforts,” a company statement said on Tuesday in response to the New York Times report.

Germany’s BSI, which also uses Kaspersky products for technical analyses, said it was in touch with U.S. officials and other security agencies about the issue so it could take action and issue a warning on short notice if required.

It said German government agencies could use software protection for clients and servers that is offered by CANCOM online GmbH, which works together with Trend Micro (4704.T).

< Here >

• Replies 15
  • Views 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference  with this was Germany BSI federal cyber agency spoke out  who ever the WSJ sources are from the USA that are telling  them there info are doing it on a condition anonymity. If any of it is true  or if it not even true if any of them still work for the Government  they will lose there jobs for leaking classified info too the press if they found out who is talking. In reality  the US agencies have not made a public statement on the record about did this really happen or not . It's a case of some leakers saying he said, she said and we have no idea who the sources was. it could of just been made up .

I don't think eather that kasper is spying on behave of the Russian government but

that  kaspersky products  kod been compromised is a big possibility now!

knowledge-Spammer

It said the Russian operation also stole classified documents from a U.S. National Security Agency employee who had improperly stored them on his home computer, which had Kaspersky antivirus software installed on it.

Kaspersky  did not stole classified documents Kaspersky  scan them as they was bad hacking tools

y people not say as is  Kaspersky  is and was trying to help  stop virus and things like that

1 minute ago, hacker7 said:

I don't think eather that kasper is spying on behave of the Russian government but

kaspersky  is not compromised 

14 minutes ago, hacker7 said:

And the truth is they want never tell you and you want never really know why, only you will able too speculate why, unless some leaker has documents too back up there claims.  There is no real proof of any of this.  Maybe under another president you may find out , but  not under this one you want ever know  what really happened and really why they removed Kaspersky.

9 hours ago, steven36 said:

And the truth is they want never tell you and you want never really know why only you will able too speculate why unless some leaker has documents too back up there claims.  There is no real proof of any of this.

I agree with you Steven but sometimes through experience and seeing the same pattern over and over We some how develop a skill to be able to read between lines  :yes:

Prof not always needed for one to understand!

but as u said will never be able to prove it ether !

9 hours ago, knowledge said:

kaspersky  is not compromised 

i didn't say it's compromised!

I said it's a possibility.

knowledge-Spammer
8 minutes ago, hacker7 said:

I agree with you Steven but sometimes through experience and seeing the same pattern over and over We some how develop a skill to be able to read between lines  :yes:

Prof not always needed for one to understand!

but as u said will never be able to prove it ether !

i didn't say it's compromised!

I said it's a possibility.

much things are possibility 

edit Every router in America has been compromised

google about cherry blossom hack

What  The press says and  what  the Governments say have always been two different things if the press  don't have no real  proof  it is bad as fake news . Russia and the USA may not see eye to eye on everything but both Governments have respect for each other  and keep there classified info classified. If Russia are the USA told us what they really know i don't think people would really be able to handle it .

knowledge-Spammer
3 minutes ago, steven36 said:

What  The press says and  what  the Governments say have always been two different things if the press  don't have no real  proof  it is bad as fake news . Russia and the USA may not see eye to eye on everything but both Governments have respect for each other  and keep there classified info classified. If Russia are the USA told us what they really know i don't think people would really be able to handle it .

some people can't handle the truth

You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes

A real whistle blower  would have proof,  this happen in the USA  before some people in Government made up lies  and caused a war and a lot of people died  and the person was found out and  he had too pull time is prison for exposing a CIA agent because her husband  exposed the USA Government and told the truth.   but  what little time he pulled will never bring all those people back. 

More Info

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerie_Plame

And

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plame_affair
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-exposure-of-valerie-plame/

And there  movies about it Nothing but the Truth and Fair Game. Telling the truth about the government  could cost you everything  or you could even be killed.

Trump vs. Bush: They Said There Were Weapons of Mass Destruction And They Knew There Were None. They Lied.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/02/13/trump_vs_bush_they_said_there_were_weapons_of_mass_destruction_and_they_knew_there_were_none_they_lied.html

People in the USA  and the rest of  west believed  it too  and other countries  went over there killed people too and the Media posted this Fake News day after day to justify that war that was based on lies the USA had wiped out the WOMD in the 1st war there was none . People were blinded by the fact that 9-11 just happened and were naive and believed anything our Government said. I seen it all on the News back then. So really I don't know what too believe  anymore?

Fake Intel and News is very dangerous stuff !

"Believe only when there is proof of evidence through disassembly and analysis of data and logged data made by forensic experts."

When there is no evidence then there is nothing to prove its innocence or guilt.

Either the evidence is hidden to the public, destroyed or just simply made up, no one knows for sure.

But when you accuse someone of wrongdoings, it will be wise to show proof of evidence first otherwise many, but not all,will believe it is made up or just fake news.

Hacking is hard to prove on a remote location when you do not have access to servers where connection passes, since only the targeted ip, the target computer and those servers he passes will contain traces.

When you sent a payload (malicious code) to a backdoor handling software, only that target will receive it and the rest is spared.

The traces of data being sent to the target computer can only be seen on servers where this connection passes,intercepted and recorded.

19 hours ago, adi said:

Germany’s BSI federal cyber agency said on Wednesday it had no evidence to back media reports that

Russian hackers used Kaspersky Lab antivirus software to spy on U.S. authorities.

:oops: Uncle Sam will be really :rant:  now.

:tooth:

I believe in kaspersky I honestly dont know how much I trust the government my government I dont want to get into politics but I dont trust trump I trust trump about as far as I can throw him (good luck throwing that fatass).  I like kaspersky and trust kaspersky.

Archived