{SOLVED) Need Smart phone expert for Samsung Galaxy SM-J727 AZ Halo

Loboron

At 75 years of age I've joined the 21 Century, I traded in my old Flip cellular telephone for a Smart phone,  the one listed in title.

I'm with Cricket and the phones OS is Android...

Issue: One of many

I setup the phone with dealer in the USA, San Diego, CA and then traveled to my home in Baja CA, Mexico.  I can dial my own house here in Mexico and my wife's smart phone, but I can't dial anyone else here using the same dialing protocol.  I've been on with their support for more an 8 hours total and they can't solve the problem.  I've either checked the appropriate boxes or activated what they asked me to do. No go.

I have the app, whatsapp and every time I try and call anyone here in Mexico is says enter a valid number.. which I've done many times... LUNCH to anyone who can solve this.. I've already made two round trips (four hours each) back to San Diego. The phone works fine there, but not here. They told me that Roaming etc. is activated.

*NOTE* My account is "Unlimited international calls, data, and text."

I'll be standing by... thanks

Ron

Edited by Loboron
additional infro

• Administrator

I wonder this or this can help you.

Also, it might sound funny, but have you tried restarting your phone.

This is quite an different issue, it might not be easy for anyone to have correct answer, but you should try looking to some settings and see what works for you there.

Thank you both for the replies, I've tried the suggestions above and read the two solutions offered by DKT27 but most of the accesses don't exist. As far as Networks is concerned, I'm "Locked in with AT&T" can't change it.. and Cricket use the AT&T Networks.  I had my "Flip" phone with AT&T and it worked OK down here with no issues.

Where I live, up on a high hill over looking the Bay and Ocean, I'm surrounded by cell towers and my phone shows 4G and internet signals maxed out for signal strength.  I know all the prefixes to make calls in and out of Mexico... To USA from here I dial 001 and the number... from the USA to Mexico I dial 011 and the number. Phone to phone in Mexico is never the same for all carriers.  with my old cell phone to make a local call to a Mexican phone, I just had to dial their number direct. Some needed the area code first, some needed the 011 to call.  With this "Smart phone" none of those options work.

Recap:

I can receive calls from the USA, I can receive calls from Mexico.....

I can make calls to the USA...  I can NOT make calls to phones in Mexico... my wife has a local phone, a smart phone with Tel Cell. While she's sitting across from me I can't make a call to her. When I dial the number and it starts to dial, it kicks out

Support has no idea why, I've been back to the Cricket dealer/provider twice... We can call Mexico from there (USA) but not from here. They won't change the sim card as their support says the sim card has nothing to do with it. They've checked all my settings several times. I called AT&T to see if there was any conflict. A very nice and patient support person checked, he observed I switched , but said there's no conflict and he reiterated that Cricket piggy backs on AT&T cell towers.

So I'm still stumped... once again thank you for the replies....

Ron

I bought the lunch today!   I finally went to the hotel nearby and asked if there was a new format for smart phones used by Americans down here? They asked what I was using and I listed all the prefixes; 001, 011, 521, +521, etc and they explained that last year a new protocol had been setup. This usually changes ever couple of years... They said now if you're in Mexico and want to call a Mexican phone, all you need to do is mark  +52 area code and number.  It worked... I called several family members and a couple of businesses including the hotel and no problem.

I purchased lunch for my friend and and thanked him.  I called customer support at Cricket and explained that I fixed the issue and explained how I have to dial. They didn't agree, but said if worked, good luck'

Thank you again for the replies...

Ron