Wireless gaming mouse

Casper

Currently I am using the Logitech G700s.  It is the perfect mouse for me but the right-click is starting to feel weird - like it's getting stuck or wants to get stuck (although it's not).  It's been 3 years  which is perhaps decent to some, although I don't think so though.

So I was wondering about replacements.  I've looked and I actually don't think there are any other mice like the G700s other than the Razer Ouroboros.  But that's why I'm coming here.

As much as I love the G700s in all areas, I have a hard time replacing something with the same.  Change is always nice.

Requirements:

Wireless Gaming Mouse.

Must use a rechargeable AA battery or batteries - this point is a must - I don't want non-standard or built in batteries that I can't replace or must purchase online and struggle to get to South Africa.

Must be able to charge and/or work via a cable if I don't feel like replacing the battery with a charged one.

That's really it.  Simple enough, but it seems manufacturers don't want to use AA batteries anymore because of possible poor battery life or added weight.  But I don't care about the battery life being 10 hours if I can plug in a cable.

Razer Ouroboros looks like the only real replacement.  The only issue I have with it is the battery is not as quickly accessible as on the G700s.  But I'm willing to get over that.

Any other suggestions would do.  Please no Razer sucks, Logitech sucks.  I'm aware the G700s is probably the best for me in terms of comfort and all.  But I'm willing to change to Razer if nothing else catches my eye (I do already have a Razer keyboard).

Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

While I'm not the one who can help you on this. I probably have to mention. In my personal experience, wireless gaming do cause some small amount of lag effecting the gameplay and gives disadvantage to the gamer. From what I know, almost all the top level gamers use wired mouse for gaming.

The reason I am mentioning is that, try not to limit yourself to just wireless mouse, as not always they are targeted at gamers. By keeping even wired mouse in consideration, you are able to increase the chance to choosing a good mouse I think.

C.G.B. Spender

Listen to DKT27!

If you're serious about your gaming you stay away from wireless mouse / keyboards. No matter what the manufacturer will claim wireless will never be able to achieve the polling rate of wired mouse, especially apparent at higher framerates. On my 144Hz g-sync monitor using wired mouse and wireless mouse is a world of difference, the wireless feels like moving in jelly when above 120-ish frames.

That is at least my experience, and I would add you don't see any profi gamers/streamers who make living of it using wireless peripherals, save maybe for headset (which again if you're after sound clarity/quality you will go for wired).

As for a mouse I've been using Roccat Nyth last 2 years and after countless mice I've ever used in my 20+ years of gaming I can honestly say it is the best mouse I've ever had so far. Last good Razer I had was Deathadder, never was a fan of Logitech tho can't say nothing bad about G502 Proteus core which I used recently (was too small for my giant hand lol).

I honestly don't notice any difference.  I use the mouse wired or wireless and cannot tell any difference.  Wired works even if you unplug the wireless receiver (you can even take out the battery if you want to go so far).  But I think these days lag is not a thing in wireless gaming mice (at least not in the big players).  Even though the G700s is older, I think the lag issue was already addressed then.  You can set the polling rate from 125 to 1000hz.

But I am listening to you here.  I think that, especially since I can't really get anything other than these two, I may as well continue looking.  Since I refuse a wireless mouse with a built-in battery, the only other option is wired.

The Roccat mice look good. I don't need SO many buttons like your one though, but they have others that look good.  Actually the G700s is perfect for me in this aspect as well: two buttons on the left is too few, and four is just right.

That is at least my experience, and I would add you don't see any profi gamers/streamers who make living of it using wireless peripherals, save maybe for headset (which again if you're after sound clarity/quality you will go for wired).

:)

Wireless headset...NEVER!  I'm not that extreme.  I won't even buy a wired gaming headset.  I use AKG K702 for the PC. I'm more of an IEM lover, but a headset is best on a PC.

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Casper said:

I honestly don't notice any difference.  I use the mouse wired or wireless and cannot tell any difference.  Wired works even if you unplug the wireless receiver (you can even take out the battery if you want to go so far).  But I think these days lag is not a thing in wireless gaming mice (at least not in the big players).  Even though the G700s is older, I think the lag issue was already addressed then.  You can set the polling rate from 125 to 1000hz.

But I am listening to you here.  I think that, especially since I can't really get anything other than these two, I may as well continue looking.  Since I refuse a wireless mouse with a built-in battery, the only other option is wired.

The Roccat mice look good. I don't need SO many buttons like your one though, but they have others that look good.  Actually the G700s is perfect for me in this aspect as well: two buttons on the left is too few, and four is just right.

:)

Wireless headset...NEVER!  I'm not that extreme.  I won't even buy a wired gaming headset.  I use AKG K702 for the PC. I'm more of an IEM lover, but a headset is best on a PC.

Searching reveals there are indeed some mouse which come with no lag, as claimed by the company. They are G603, G703 and G903, but I do not know if the claims are true though.

Eitherway, you can read a bit on this and this. It will give you some idea on your options there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived