best system utilities

Guest grandcommander

• Replies 9
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know "some" good options for you... (Note: This is my choices. Always make your own decision)

Registry Tools (stand-alone)

1- jv16 Powertools (basically the same as "Reg Supreme Pro")

2- Ace Utilities

3- WinASO Registry Optimizer

4- Registry Mechanic

5- WinCleaner OneClick Cleanup

6- Resplendent Registrar

7- Registry First Aid

8- Advanced Registry Doctor

9- Reg Organizer

10- Registry Medic

Tweak Tools

1- System Mechanic

2- Tune-up Utilities

3- WinXP Manager

4- Advanced System Optimizer

5- WINner Tweak SE

6- Tweak XP Pro

7- TweakNow Power Pack

8- Super Utilities Pro

9- MindSoft Utilities XP

10- Ashampoo WinOptimizer Platinum Suite

* Acronis Power Utilities is very good too, but this my top 10, not top 11... :rolleyes:

Cache Manager

-> Systweak CacheBoost

-> O&O CleverCache

Guest grandcommander

Good choices.

I used most of them,but TUNE UP UTILITIES,ACE UTILITIES,ADVANCED SYSTEM OPTIMIZER, REGISTRY MECHANIC look more stable then others,that is just my opinion.

I recomend Window Washer,very esey to use and also CCleaner.

Systweak Cache Boost is also very good. :rolleyes:

SacredCultivator

Hmm good list, but I was wondering what is a good 'junk' file cleaner, example: CCleaner. But what supplements are there to it asides from WindowWasher?

Hmm good list, but I was wondering what is a good 'junk' file cleaner, example: CCleaner. But what supplements are there to it asides from WindowWasher?

There´s no system cleaner better than System Mechanic and WinXP Manager. ^_^

Find Junk Files

Super Cleaner

Advanced disk cleaner

Find Unused Files

DustBuster

Try them all then post here your best choice

• 6 months later...

Find Junk Files

Super Cleaner

Advanced disk cleaner

Find Unused Files

DustBuster

Try them all then post here your best choice

Yeha! I've tryed and tested 10's of them, had my strong fovourite -Ace utilities, followed by CCleaner... now discovered WinXP Manager... wow! blown me in to pieces ;) Some after trial apps where not liking other means to work again (after uninstaling, registry whiping, manual file deleting)- does now! ;)

thx for your suggestion Unbekannt, anyone of you use total commander as file manager? http://www.ghisler.com/ 6.55 and add Total Commander PowerPack 1.7 on that and you have the best prog to manage you filez, especially when you have a lot to manage. This is the first prog i install on a fresh windows install. Msg me if you like it :P

Atasas,

Are you saying you liked WinXP Manager better than Ace Utilities and CCleaner?

ABSOLUTELY ;) ... mind u after runing it (got to get in to grip with it more), but it's kind of got mind of it's own :badmood: . I've got my HDD split in to few partitions(Win; Win; All Media; Back up) and on the desktop I've got shortcuts for accesing my music, pictures, videos- Its keep deleting it! :frusty: what is anoying about it is that icons are theme'd and I cant restore them... thats one possibly "flaud"

Apart from that ;) to bits!

Archived