PafoH

What is the best way to block ads on non rooted Android

PafoH

Can anyone guide what is the best possible way to block ads on Android...

1>  https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/block-ads-all-your-android-apps-without-root-extra-battery-drain-0174614/

2>  https://dottech.org/149088/how-to-block-ads-on-android-with-or-without-root-guide/

I am a proud Symbian fan..... Android is good but privacy and ads are common issue.... Comment if you agree !!!

knowledge

adguard  is good ? but not sure if will block all ads  last time i tested on Android  adguard need to fix some little bugs

straycat19

I test adblocking by doing a google search and then seeing if the ads across the top and listed in the results are there.  For example, in another thread on this forum a search for flip flops was done on google and the picture ads across the top and ads in the search results were shown.  I tested my PC adblocking and I don't see any of those ads.  I tested my android devices that have Adguard on them and they show all the ads.  There may be a way to filter them out manually but this was strictly a test of default adblocking without doing anything special.  Unfortunately extensions aren't usable on mobile devices so those that I use in windows can't be used on android.

There is an android browser called Dolphin that supports extensions but the extension has to be ported specifically for Dolphin.

PafoH

Thanks everyone for your valuable response ...:)   @Skunk1966 Can you share the latest apk file.... I didn't find it on Their website..... 

Edited by PafoH

dcs18

To block at system level, Users of Xposed Framework might want to try MinMinGuard.

To block at browser level, it makes sense to use the same ad. blocker that one is using on ones computer (makes it convenient to switch the rules & filters across devices.)

Master-Tee
19 hours ago, Skunk1966 said:
Download:
Site: https://forum.xda-developers.com
Sharecode[?]: /devdb/project/dl/?id=25419&task=get

please could you provide external download server as i couldn't download it from main site server

ADN
On 7/11/2017 at 2:54 AM, Master-Tee said:

please could you provide external download server as i couldn't download it from main site server

Mediafire.com

Edited by ADN

Alanon

Without root, I think there are only a couple of methods that are available. One would be some kind of VPN filtering like AdGuard uses, and the other would be using a browser like Opera/Opera Mini, that offers built-in ad filtering software and image compression in order to speed up browsing. Ther eare other browsers besides Opera that started supporting these features, but I can't remember which at this moment. 

Also, I could be wrong, but Lucky patcher has a host of features usable by non-root users. I believe it can create custom patches and corrupt the ad-servers in Android applications without root, just by creating a custom .apk file. Also, I use the lucky patcher hosts file adblock that works marvellously, but I'm not sure if that's available for non-root users.

teodz1984

Lucky Patcher's adblocking only works in ROOT mode

It needs root to access the hosts file as well as patch the googlkle ad system

Alanon
On 11/07/2017 at 3:43 PM, teodz1984 said:

Lucky Patcher's adblocking only works in ROOT mode

It needs root to access the hosts file as well as patch the googlkle ad system

I wasn't sure about the hosts file, but you definitely don't need to have root to disable the ads. You just need to rebuild the .apk and re-install it. 

Fandora

I already used adguard before. but did not find in it so positive actions to use it further. maybe it's good for wundows, but for android it is not good. also touched and for Adblockinging Lucky Patche, he reassembles the package but advertising all exactly remains in the number of cases to work. I would not recommend using Adblockinging Lucky Patche to prevent the display of ads.

dcs18
On 7/10/2017 at 11:14 AM, dcs18 said:

To block at system level, Users of Xposed Framework might want to try MinMinGuard.

To block at browser level, it makes sense to use the same ad. blocker that one is using on ones computer (makes it convenient to switch the rules & filters across devices.)

After upgrading to Nougat, found Xposed Framework to be buggy and hence uninstalled it (along with Lucky Patcher.)

Have been using AdGuard for quite some time, now — the rules that were already custom-made for my Windows have now been transferred onto AdGuard (albeit with the necessary alterations, for Android — hardly takes a couple of minutes.)

AdGuard has proven to be my best app. by far — on Android it has additionally replaced AFWall+ . . . . the best firewall for Android.

All in

I use adguard works for me

mazigh

If you mean blocking ads while surfing the web then Opera Browser is the best solution I could find and use;

If you want to block ads on apps then Adguard and some others are good but with battery life as price + you will not be able to use a VPN at the same time, so I would use modded adfree and paid apps instead :D

vitorio
Posted (edited)

I agree with @mazigh. For me also Opera browser and Adguard for ad blocker.

For Windows I myself use Slimjet browser which includes an ad blocker (Slimjet is planning to bring this wonderful project to the android platform so that mobile phone users can enjoy this great browser too).

I consider Slimjet the fastest browser.

Try it and convince yourself. Link below.

Slimjet.com

Edited by vitorio

teodz1984

^ duh we're talking about blocking  ads non rooted Android