(Solved) Android Nougat messanger issue

vitorio

My Android Nougat can not send/receive pictures using Android messanger. No problem with text messages.

Can someone had the same problem and found a solution, please.

Edited by vitorio

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vitorio

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, 0bin said:

@vitorio,

could you add more info like phone model, firmware version, package name of the application not working, os version 7.X.X.

Is the package name this one  com.facebook.orca ? or this one com.google.android.apps.messaging?

What happen if you try to reset cache for that app and initialize it?

Model: Google Nexus 6P

firmware: Android Nougat 7.1.2

app: messages ver 2.2.075

package name: Android messages from Google Inc. (Pre installed)

once pressed the the recovery button to run the clean cache option sags:

No command.

Clean cache for all app. Issue continue.

Thanks for your help to solve this issue.

ps call the phone provider and told me the phone specifications are valid for messages. My text messages has no problems.

Edited by vitorio

13 minutes ago, 0bin said:

Try to check this article http://thedroidguy.com/2017/01/fix-google-nexus-6p-can-no-longer-send-receive-text-messages-troubleshooting-guide-1069831

Start from this section 

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/rXpdQvbDKtE

For those viewing this post, I just wanted to update that there was no definitive solution to this issue. BUT, I will share my experience in case it may help others. 

I too have the Walmart Family Plan. There were no issues on my cellular data. 
When my sister randomly disabled my data usage for a few minutes and turned it back on, it turned out to have helped my phone fixed this MMS issue. Basically what Alex T have mentioned before.
Go to your settings, click on "Data Usage" and and turn OFF your Cellular Data for a few minutes. Then turn the cellular data back on. I had my phone power off too soon after to help "refresh the settings", but not sure if that was necessary or not. Hopefully that will too fix your equivalent issues. 
bmXRV8U_rvsrPro4DPGFB69kd64mPUlaHL87vQtq_GAuJjcmUkNXeaKyEx7hvg1C5Tift0qXrd0-iJixautq_siUL9GltfUhIT6ggIHnlQ=w5000-h5000

How to troubleshoot your Nexus 6P that can no longer send and receive MMS

This happen for you also using WiFi or only on LTE connection? If you try to send through WiFi the Pictures go to designed receiver?

Check if the default APN settings are properly configured, during past this App has ever worked out for you or always did same thing?

I will try another version of the App if is available, a beta version just to see.

The issue is also with WIFI. Will try with other version of Messenger to see what happen. Thanks.

"Reset to default" the APNs solved the issue for me.

For other carriers where you're experiencing MMS issues, try deleting any APNs that don't relate to your carrier o def choice. You can easily restore all APNs by hitting the menu button (three dots) on the APN overview page, then tapping "reset to default," so if you find yourself without data connectivity due to a deleted APN, just do this and you'll be back to normal.

Link: https://www.google.com.pr/amp/s/www.androidcentral.com/trouble-sending-mms-through-google-messenger-lollipop-here-are-couple-solutions%3famp#ampshare=https://www.androidcentral.com/trouble-sending-mms-through-google-messenger-lollipop-here-are-couple-solutions

Edited by vitorio