Samsung Galaxy amp 2 - J120AZ 2016

fredlaso

Hello,

I would greatly appreciate if you would be so kind to assist me with this Android phone (Samsung Galaxy amp 2 - J120AZ 2016). Purchased it few weeks ago not realizing that it has only 8 GB of internal memory. I do not intend to install any apps, just want to use the phone/text/voicemail and once in a while look up something on the web. I noticed that embedded apps can not be deleted and they just keep updating on their own. As a result of that, I have only 1.8 GB left of the 8 GB internal storage. I do not plan to get SD card because I will not be installing anything.

I am concerned that I will run out of storage space over a period of time completely and I want to keep this phone for at least a year or two.

Could you please advise me how to proceed. I have Samsung account and a google account on it. Is it safe to disable both not to keep getting updates to these embedded apps I do not use or is there a way to uninstall few so I do not run out of storage space completely? Or disable embedded apps I will never use so that those will not keep updating? This is my first smart phone, was a flip phone user for 15 years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly in advance.

Respectfully,

Fred

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fredlaso

• AlienForce1

• PriSim

• dMog

Just 2 or 3 which is not much considering the amount of embedded applications that always updating on its own. But thank you for your advise.

AlienForce1

Samsung account is useless - you disable / uninstall it .

Then enter in Play Store app -> Settings -> go to : 

-> General - here select `Do not auto-update apps` 

-> Notifications - here untick `Apps updates available`

-> User controls - here untick `Use itineraries from Gmail`

Future updates will be done by yourself , when you decide -> all you will have to do is : 

-> Open Play Store app

-> go to `My apps & games` -> INSTALLED -> here you can decide which app you will update ... just that simple  !  B)

Enjoy !  :)

Fred

AlienForce1

Your phone has Marshmallow 6.0 and Samsung (and LG) decided to block install on microSD cards , so you can use the card only for documents , photo and video . At the first use the phone will ask you to format the card - let it do it .  Then in camera settings set save location to your SD card .

@AlienForce1 No android v 6.0 is not that rude bud :)

The only restriction about sdcard is , that you can not use third party softwares to add or delete any files from sdcrad using pc (e.g mobilego), but if you have root access you can do that too xD :)

@fredlaso Format that card with fat32 or fat file system ! insert it , goto application tab in settings , click on desired app , if that app support sdcard storage , you will see the option move to sd crad there :)

Some apps does not support move option , they like to run fast while booting , so they simply can't (e.g whatsapp).

Still need any app in sd card forcefully, and you not know how to move try mobile go :)

Enjoy ~!

mobile go works   as stated

as fr your embedded apps and if you are not rooted ,,,,, most of them can be disabled,  but not fully taken off your phone.  go to application manager uninstall updates for the apps you will not need,and once that is done click disable ..saves space and will not update or even run

Thank you all very much for valuable info. I will be applying it. I used a flip phone for 15 years, my first Android Phone, I do appreciate your tips. When I put the SD card in, each time I open the phone info shows up " SD card installed for transferring photo and media only. Can it be changed so I could install some portable antivirus (if that is important to use I am not sure). What is the purpose of  "mobile go"?   

Thank you kindly for all info you have provided me with.  Fred

Edited by fredlaso

52 minutes ago, fredlaso said:

Thank you all very much for valuable info. I will be applying it. I used a flip phone for 15 years, my first Android Phone, I do appreciate your tips. When I put the SD card in, each time I open the phone info shows up " SD card installed for transferring photo and media only. Can it be changed so I could install some portable antivirus (if that is important to use I am not sure). What is the purpose of  "mobile go"?   

Thank you kindly for all info you have provided me with.  Fred

mobile go will transfer apps to the sd card..

some will not transfer though

Thank you dMog for the info. As I mentioned in the above post, each time I open the phone info shows up " SD card installed for transferring photo and media only. Is there a way to disable this notification so it does not keep showing up each time I open the phone? Thank you in advance,

7 minutes ago, AlienForce1 said:

@PriSim  On Samsung phones with Marshmallow 6.0 (not rooted) you won`t have the option to move apps to SD card 

As i said earlier , its something else ! that mm not permits !

also one thing more that every app never allows you to move it to sd card ! even you are using JB or KK

2qlbfkm.jpg msvb8.jpg

these pics are Straight from my S5 :)

Need anything else let me know !

AlienForce1

These are screenshots from Samsung J5 (J500F , with Marshmallow 6.0.1)  and there is no option to move apps to SD card , or to change SD card as intern memory (adoptable storage) : 

Spoiler

pslOyoJ.jpg 

hVhWKoq.jpg

3QZeMqp.jpg

hiRnMbb.jpg

Edited by AlienForce1

@AlienForce1 dear,

As i said earlier Some apps need scheduled launch on boot ! so these apps never allows you to move to sd card , because MMC memory always load after some time !

You can move

facebook app

messenger by facebook

firefox

adm

you cannot move

system apps

app that launch on boot

whatsapp

antivirus

etc.

Thank you so very much to all of you for valuable information you have provided me with as I am still learning to operate the android device. I indeed do appreciate your help.

Respectfully,  Fred