CPUBalance Pro 1.0.0

Actarusse

CPUBalance takes Bitsum's famous, time-tested (since 2002!) and exclusive ProBalance algorithm that is proven to retain system responsiveness during high CPU loads. It can’t fix all responsiveness problems, but its impact on a high CPU load, even on modern multi-core CPU’s, is amazing. Real-world demos like saving a file in multimedia editing software is a great example; your PC is brought to a sluggish state until you switch away from that app (letting ProBalance kick in since it excludes the foreground app by default), then you see a night and day difference. It’s hard to believe, so test it yourself. You can create your own ‘high load’ demo, and it does not need to run at anything but a normal priority class with normal priority threads. That is all it takes to severely impact the responsiveness of Windows, to the point of it being unusable, and hence the problem that ProBalance resolves.

https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/cpubalance-pro/#

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://bitsum.com/portfolio/cpubalance/

This application is a SUBSET of the technology found in Process Lasso. It is slimmer than Process Lasso and designed to do one job really well – ProBalance.

If you already have Process Lasso v8, you do not NEED this application, but as a side effect of having it, do get these benefits:

Newer tech than is in Lasso v8, but Lasso v9 will eventually have that tech.

A different system tray icon for specific ProBalance interactions.

A new Frequency of Action (Restraint) metric, which is pretty cool.

Note that these features are all planned for Process Lasso v9 – so no removal or reduction of features here!

Installed CPUBalance v1.0.0.34

Received licence, entered it:

"Unknown error. Visit Bitsum for help ?"

Which takes me to the main site.

Tried to activate 6 times. Wireshark shows no response at all from activate.bitsum.com

Anyone else having the same trouble ?

CPUBalance0.png

EDIT: Figured it out. Process Lasso (and probably CPUBalance) is free now for XP users. Which is why it was running fine without registration. Even so, I unninstalled. Process Lasso is enough, IMHO.

8 hours ago, teodz1984 said:

https://bitsum.com/portfolio/cpubalance/

This application is a SUBSET of the technology found in Process Lasso. It is slimmer than Process Lasso and designed to do one job really well – ProBalance.

If you already have Process Lasso v8, you do not NEED this application, but as a side effect of having it, do get these benefits:

Newer tech than is in Lasso v8, but Lasso v9 will eventually have that tech.

A different system tray icon for specific ProBalance interactions.

A new Frequency of Action (Restraint) metric, which is pretty cool.

Note that these features are all planned for Process Lasso v9 – so no removal or reduction of features here!

Based on this and the fact that I use Windows 7, I'll just leave Process Lasso installed without this program. I also purchased a key for Process Lasso, so I guess that's one more reason to leave it installed. :D

Got my license earlier this day and proceed with installing it. For some reason it made my Firefox freeze quite frequent. It didn't happen when i'm using Process Lasso.

Guess i'll stay with Process Lasso.

stylemessiah

Bitsum (apart from Park Control - which you can achieve the same with yourself via the reg)  = snake oil

Been proven many times to actually reduce the responsiveness of systems

its not brain surgery, adding software to manage your system adds cpu cycles and uses more memory, doesnt reduce them

I have no idea why people still install this crap

Youre far better off optimsing your BIOS, turning off Intel Turbo Boost etc, turning off core parking, turning off autostart apps, and learning how to use processor affinity properly if you have say one game where it would actually benefit you to use it

PL ratings are directly linked to the poor sods who made the mistake of paying for it and realising it leaves them worse off, and not wanting to admit they made a boo boo

Theres only one thing better than placebo, getting something for free

3 hours ago, stylemessiah said:

Bitsum (apart from Park Control - which you can achieve the same with yourself via the reg)  = snake oil

Been proven many times to actually reduce the responsiveness of systems

its not brain surgery, adding software to manage your system adds cpu cycles and uses more memory, doesnt reduce them

I have no idea why people still install this crap

Youre far better off optimsing your BIOS, turning off Intel Turbo Boost etc, turning off core parking, turning off autostart apps, and learning how to use processor affinity properly if you have say one game where it would actually benefit you to use it

PL ratings are directly linked to the poor sods who made the mistake of paying for it and realising it leaves them worse off, and not wanting to admit they made a boo boo

Theres only one thing better than placebo, getting something for free

Turning off Turbo Boost, really? lol

If you're planning to OC then sure. Otherwise what would you gain by turning it off? Nothing really.

It would only reduce the temp and power usage. But then again the difference is negligible.

In fact, leaving it on should increase the performance since your processor could run at higher clock.

stylemessiah
20 minutes ago, trufpal said:

Turning off Turbo Boost, really? lol

If you're planning to OC then sure. Otherwise what would you gain by turning it off? Nothing really.

It would only reduce the temp and power usage. But then again the difference is negligible.

In fact, leaving it on should increase the performance since your processor could run at higher clock.

I have an i7-4790, with Turbo Boost turned off, core parking disabled in the High Performance power profile, and running at full speed across all 8 cores....no need for PL

QLLa6JW.jpg

When i need to conserve power, or dont need the full beans or am going to be AFK, i toggle the power plan to balanced (with core parking) via this in the system tray (great util for laptop owners especially): https://powerschemeswitcher.codeplex.com/

Even just adding 16Gb of RAM and an SSD rules out any need or snakeoil lke PL, the biggest bottleneck in PC's in the last decade was storage (thanks SSD's for solving that)...not processor scheduling

This program suspends process's.

Currently it has suspended, WerFault.exe & permon.exe

Thats the way it lowers c.p.u. usage.

Archived