im continuing using windows xp onluy because of one reason

some imcompatibilty with suspend mode in windows 7 and my pentium 4

does not want to suspend session anymore

lets hope that will get updates and fix this issue <_<

• Replies 55
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably a driver issue and not a problem with W7. If you are simply going to wait for a fix from Win 7, you may be waiting a long time, probably forever, if it is not a problem with W7 but rather a driver issue.

One other thing is, if you ever install W7 again, and you haven't already tried this, you might try disabling hybrid sleep in W7. That has caused some issues with regular standby (or sleep as it is called in W7) for some people.

What I also found useful in W7 is the new calculator - it's awesome! I mean if you go to school or if you have anything to do with math at all, it's pretty much all in one tool (not merely a calculator anymore).

I remember when I had to go online and search for all the converters separately. But this new, in my opinion a great update, has made life much easier. And notice that the calculator shows your previous calculations above, seems simple but it's a lot of help especially if you need to recheck the numbers in the calculation you've done.

kalk.jpg

It's probably a driver issue and not a problem with W7. If you are simply going to wait for a fix from Win 7, you may be waiting a long time, probably forever, if it is not a problem with W7 but rather a driver issue.

One other thing is, if you ever install W7 again, and you haven't already tried this, you might try disabling hybrid sleep in W7. That has caused some issues with regular standby (or sleep as it is called in W7) for some people.

how do i disable that hybrid sleep?

yup i will try with another iso later when it comes out ;)

To disable hybrid sleep, go into control panel, power options, change plan settings, change advanced power settings, sleep, allow hybrid sleep, and make sure it is set to "off" for both battery and plugged in (if a laptop).

Archived