A common problem with wireless routers

mars_army

I was just wondering if this is a common problem..

I pay to use a certain public wireless network (the one Barnes and Noble uses) and some days when I go to use the network, my browsers will not redirect to the login page, but just hang there looking fro my home page. I try restarting and repairing my connection but nothing helps and so I conclude it must be something with the router. And it CAN'T be traffic problems...sometimes I'm the only one in the building using a laptop!

It's happened a few times at my college too.

Is this a common problem for wireless networks that require logging in? Is there anything I can do?

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

never heard of it, so i doubt its the routers problem. i use the same kind of login every day. why dont you just bookmark the login-address? if you cant access that either, i suggest you contact the admins..

It happens randomly with different networks, and I'm not the only one with the problem.

I do have the login pages bookmarked but sometimes I still can't get to those...it'll just hang there and won't connect.

And that's funny...admins at Barnes and Noble? Yeah right. I'm friends with some of the people there, and they readily admit that nobody in the whole building knows anything about the wireless network.

Archived