Looks like KB 2952664 (for Win7) and KB 2976978 (Win 8.1) are back

Karlston

Looks like KB 2952664 (for Win7) and KB 2976978 (Win 8.1) are back

These are the two patches implicated with various snooping proclivities, and tied into upgrading from Windows 7 to Win10, or Win8.1 to Win10 — which should be a non-starter tat this point.

I can see them in the Microsoft Update Catalog:

KB 2952664

KB 2976978

They’re both listed as “Last Updated 2/17/2017.”

They aren’t listed on the Windows Update official page, but PKCano reports that she’s seeing the Win7 patch, released today, optional and unchecked.

Of course you should avoid them.

Source: Looks like KB 2952664 (for Win7) and KB 2976978 (Win 8.1) are back (AskWoody)

Looks like KB 2952664 (for Win7) and KB 2976978 (Win 8.1) are back (AskWoody forums)

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They installed it on my computer on ten nineteen two thousand and sixteen.  Im running windows seven professional.  I dont see it in optional updates right now on my computer.

10 hours ago, Holmes said:

They installed it on my computer on ten nineteen two thousand and sixteen.  Im running windows seven professional.  I dont see it in optional updates right now on my computer.

If it is installed it won't show up anywhere except in the installed updates list.  Uninstall them, reboot,  and then check updates and they will appear in your optional update list.

Where do you think I looked first at at my windows update history and it looks like there distributing the updates in a certain way I didnt have the update in my optional updates yesterday and now I do and what I have to say about it is I wont check it and install it and move on with my life no need to rant about it.

Archived