Avast is releasing the first AVG 2017 product line

Petrovic

Looks like people at Avast are really busy these days. Just a few days they have released the updated beta of Avast 2017 and today Avast is releasing the first AVG 2017 product line since the acquisition in October 2016. In case you didn’t know Avast and AVG are the same company now.

As always with Avast and AVG, you can update to the latest version completely for free. If you are not interested in the update details, you can go directly to download links.

The brand new AVG 2017 is based on the Avast engine, but shares best of both. Following products have been released

• AVG AntiVirus FREE 2017 – basic free protection, an alternative to Avast Free Antivirus (see our Avast vs. AVG comparison review)
  • AVG Internet Security 2017 – advanced premium protection for $69.99 a year, an alternative to Avast Internet Security
  • AVG TuneUp 2017 – system cleaner and PC optimization tool for $49.99 a year, an alternative to Avast Cleanup
  • AVG Ultimate – combination of AVG Internet Security and AVG TuneUp for $99.99 a year

What’s New in AVG AntiVirus 2017

As we mentioned the new AVG is running on the Avast engine and sharing the best out of both products. The full list of new features includes

• NEW Protection – Includes new real-time protection and online shield for the safe web surfing and e-mailing to protect you against the latest kinds of malware including ransomware
  • NEW CyberCapture – New technology (introduced in Avast Nitro update) to protect you from the unknown (and potentially dangerous) files which are being analyzed in the cloud by the Avast Threat Labs experts
  • NEW Pushed Updates – Pushed (real-time) updates are now delivered also to the free product (previously only to premium products)
  • NEW Passive Mode – Allows to run AVG antivirus in a passive mode in parallel with other security products (like Avast)
  • NEW User Interface – Brand new user interface for all products, really intuitive and easy to navigate
  • NEW Secure DNS (premium only) – Checks website’s IP address to make sure it’s not faked and you are not giving your private or banking data to hackers

Unfortunately one thing which users are complaining the most about is AVG Zen, and that stays as it is. To get all these features you can update your AVG product using the user interface or by downloading the latest installer below.

Free Download of AVG AntiVirus 2017

Download the latest installer from the official AVG servers using the links below

AVG AntiVirus 2017 Screenshots

AVG AntiVirus FREE 2017 Home Screen

AVG AntiVirus FREE 2017 Home Screen

AVG AntiVirus FREE 2017 Scan Overview

AVG AntiVirus FREE 2017 Scan Overview

AVG AntiVirus FREE 2017 Performance Scan

AVG AntiVirus FREE 2017 Performance Scan

Article source

• Replies 11
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did  they add exclusions for false positives now in the free version..  Since now that it's got a better engine ? I dont really see the point in using it just for the name AVG. you may as well just use Avast :)

33 minutes ago, pc71520 said:

In the long run,

is avast going to

swallow AVG ?

:think:

Reason that I dropped AVG  is that its just a mask now for AVAST .... no difference and just nothing but a bloatware !

Stlll using Avast...i dont install the things, using customised install, that Avast has that AVG doesnt in the comparison table, and wouldnt use the things AVG has that Avast doesnt.....

On 11. 1. 2017 at 3:12 PM, IronY-Man said:

Reason that I dropped AVG  is that its just a mask now for AVAST .... no difference and just nothing but a bloatware !

People just love to scream BLOATWARE without even knowing what it means. Ever heard of CUSTOM installation where you can untick stuff you don't need? Hell, when app is installed, you can remove all the individual components to extent where you have NO shields left and it'll continue to work as on-demand only. And apart from Zen which has been in AVG for ages, there isn't any "bloatware" you're talking about.

And it's far from "just a mask". To everything AVG already had, they've added CyberCapture, so it now has TWO very powerful proactive features, Software Analyzer (very strong behavior blocker) and CyberCapture along with more aggressive cloud functionality. And over the following months, they'll integrate more of the AVG protective features worth keeping into the avast!'s backend. Software Analyzer is one of first features that are going straight into both.

Despite AVG having very good results lately, I just couldn't stand it's moronic design. avast! team basically removed all the bad crap and replaced it with the good stuff. Especially updating where AVG only checked signatures every 24 hours. With avast! backend, it receives updates every ~3 minutes.

I personally still don't like it over avast!, but it's so much better than what it was...

5 hours ago, RejZoR said:

People just love to scream BLOATWARE without even knowing what it means.

Dont slap your judgement over others if you dont get what they are trying to say and before assuming that everyone who's new on forum has a habit of click-click- installing products without ever looking what they are getting themselves into....&  since you just point and shoot your points even if you know or not the aggresive behaviour that AVGs known to show last year to its legit customers [like me; for last freakin 7yrs] like downloading and asking for installing toolbars , marketing maxmized banners or safe shield crap even after ignoring 99 times ... oh ! FYI :  that whats the BLOATWARE I was talking about.... I didnt have complaints about anything else and  you dont like AVG over Avast and just praising what Lord Avast blessed AVG with (again FYI: known for irking AVG users THAT I know)..I have to assume that you're just a fanboy of Avast !!

:listen: Have a nice day :lol:

You just proved you don't have the slightest clue what "bloatware" means. There are no toolbars in AVG 2017. Not even webpage scanning one included with avast!. You can uncheck nearly everything during installation. There are no maximized banners. It is positioned below the interface, but it's not intrusive. And i don't even know what you mean with ignoring of Safe Shield for 99 times. None of this is "bloatware". Bloatware are unrelated functions that can't be removed. Only thing that falls under this category is Zen launcher. But eventually, they'll get rid of that as well. Just not for now since they just made basic transition.

Archived