[Solved]Update to Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1607

DrKash

I can't update my OS  !

I restart my PC but every time I receive this message....

Please help me to update it

Thank you

2016-12-07_19-09-40.png

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come March if you use  Windows 10 Enterprise you will have to switch too  version 1607 Windows 10 Enterprise LTBS, And the Creators Update RS2  coming this spring seems to be aimed at consumers, not commercial customers.

More info : Enterprises face Windows 10 support deadlines as service model kicks into gear

http://www.cio.com/article/3147705/windows/enterprises-face-windows-10-support-deadlines-as-service-model-kicks-into-gear.html

PS: you may have to clean install it when i upgraded  too 1607 i had too back in  July  because the upgrade fail   ..Its best too clean install major versions of windows 10 . Get some image backup software and make a image of what you have now encase something goes wrong  and clean install 1607 also backup anything you want too keep.

Try searching the cumulative update MS KB# and install directly. What's to lose?  :doctor:

Wait a minute...since when are major updates for Enterprise pushed out via WU, which is what the above screenshot depicts?  I've never seen that, just the monthly CUs.  Maybe if you wait several months (the update came out months ago)?

DrKash, would you mind saying if the screenshot you're showing is the result of connecting to Windows Update (Microsoft) or Windows Update (your corporate LAN, like WSUS)?  I'm just trying to understand why it is that Enterprise can get Feature Upgrades via Windows Update if it's not coming from your corporate LAN (and if this was a home machine, then it definitely wasn't).

My guess is that it showed up for you in recent days because MS declared 1607 as the Current Branch for Business (CBB).

I was under the impression that Enterprise never received Feature Updates in this way, but clearly something has changed (again, unless that's from your LAN).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived