Announcing Beta of Malwarebytes 3.0, a Next-Generation Antivirus Replacement

Jordan

" prevents updates "  ..........dont understand , I have to update the database , but want to keep my licence also !

So what do we exactly have to keep in the hostfile , for updating AND not loosing our licence  ??      :rolleyes:

• Replies 71
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Pete 12, in some its lines:
# keystone.mwbsys.com
0.0.0.0 keystone.mwbsys.com
Does not block updates and keeps the license but in others it does not work, so if it does not work with the first one, remove them from the host and put that one instead:
127.0.0.1 keystone.mwbsys.com
127.0.0.1 bactem.mwbsys.com

Here is

" knowledge's fix " , can you ,please, give us a working download-link ?           :rolleyes:

just tested in Win10x64 , works indeed , still buggy ( taking lots of time sometimes !) , after this test will wait, for sure ,for final..................:rolleyes: !

Upgrade method is working and better solution at this point in time.  Confirmed and still the same setting.

host : 0.0.0.0 keystone.mwbsys.com

" Upgrade method is working and better solution at this point in time.  Confirmed and still the same setting.

host : 0.0.0.0 keystone.mwbsys.com "

We will soon find out if this works with final version also..................!

Im very curious :D

On 11/28/2016 at 6:37 PM, Pete 12 said:

" Upgrade method is working and better solution at this point in time.  Confirmed and still the same setting.

host : 0.0.0.0 keystone.mwbsys.com "

We will soon find out if this works with final version also..................!

Im very curious :D

Yeah hopefully...  but at the moment...  still a better solution for the upgrade method.

And to all mbam testers,  maybe you can try the following to improve performance loading times. in 3.03 , memory resource consumption improves better ~ 13-15%

- reduplicate settings for 2.2.1 such as

- disable sending anonymous usage and threats, never register mbam to wac ( windows account control..)

- disable rootkit scanning...  also helps.

Furthermore, testing right now , upgrade method but without host or fwb patching using only net.conf patch if BL keys can be accepted during upgrade method.

Updated notes:

Tested upgrade method without host patching/fwb  failed  ...  but tricky installer for mbam3 .. lots of calls to server  hehehe....  got the workaround , still needs host patching.. nice though  using 1 license on 2 host computer on a 2 different internet connection server.. holding the premium with updates enabled , knowledge..  quite an improvement in beta 3,   no false notification after 2nd restart of pc....  just reduplicated the settings for previous version.

@Knowledge

Tested also generating key from 2.16.  --->host block---> open up --> setup exclusions-->  then upgrade  holding  up premium

Tested also 2.2.1 -->  added license from toolbox 2.2 --> host block --> setup exclusions -->  then upgrade holding up premium

You mean ; we can upgrade from 2-version to this latest 3.0.4-version ,just by installing this beta over previous 2-version with only one hostblock-file ?  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Pete 12 said:

You mean ; we can upgrade from 2-version to this latest 3.0.4-version ,just by installing this beta over previous 2-version with only one hostblock-file ?  :rolleyes:

Yup...  using 2.2.1  in 2 pcs with same BL keys  used in 2 different  ISP and its holding up....  at the moment , the license still the same...  be wary when installing mbam 3  installers,  the check key server response time is fast... then ur key is blocklisted(BL). U need to setup exception list after setting up host block in  v2. first.  Once you got the upgrade all your setting in v2 will be carry over to v3 and that includes host exception list.

Ive tested 1.75,   can hold unfortunately due to 1033 days old update dialog is a bother so  better used 2.2.1.

and i just noticed also that in my other pc,  0.0.0.0  keystone.mwbsys.com is not 100% foolproof.  So i did some research in malwarebytes forum.  Funny, but the answers are all there.  Actually, knowledge posted it already here 

furthermore, mbarw as mbam 3 is all in one, seems to use sirius.mwbsys.com 

so what i did at the moment and observing in host blocking is:

127.0.0.1  skipittok.com   ---->   mbam

127.0.0.1   keystone.mwbsys.com --> mbam

127.0.0.1   sirius.mwbsys.com   --->   mbarw ? ( optional )

Nevertheless,  everything is fine here.  boots fast now....  no false notifications , mnemory resources is low compared to v3.03

ok , so 127.0.0.1 skipittok.com is chanced in mbam.com ?

and keystone.mwbsys.com in mbam.com ??...................:rolleyes:

If this works ok, I think you can easily upgrade to final soon...............:D

18 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

ok , so 127.0.0.1 skipittok.com is chanced in mbam.com ?

and keystone.mwbsys.com in mbam.com ??...................:rolleyes:

If this works ok, I think you can easily upgrade to final soon...............:D

its in the malwarebytes forum and one site where somebody discuss about this.registration by using this upgrade setting..  however, if your pc, is ok with the old method 0.0.0.0keystone .. then you dont need to change.   based on testing and reduplicating on different pcs , all workarounds,   i feel comfortable in  skipittok.com and keystone  is conisistent on all system. doesn give me a headache but you need to host block it then upgrade to v 3.   your bl keys will  passed thru.    Keys starting in MCXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX is fine unless blocklisted ....

Here's a sample using BL keys from old v2.0   This is the re-animated key im using for testing now on 2 pc ....  the infamous 2MB2 key from v2.0  , Now 3.04.

sample.jpg

Just installed , its registered and its scans went very fast, compared with previous 2-version.

I have not much complaints about this 3.0.4-version , only this nasty pop-up in the right-corner , about switching on all the defences , is very disturbing.

Do you know how to switch it off ??

Second , when you shut-down the program and you try to start it later you will get error; " unable to connect the service "

You have to reboot for starting the program again !

Any solutions .............?:rolleyes:

HardCopy0002.jpg

@pete12...  I also got this notification also. In the beta test forum 3.04.  it seems there has some reports about this also.  What i did was to ignore and close it, especially if notification seems to be related to updates, however after several minutes, it's gone.    As this is a beta version, might be a bug or the server having problems with auto-updating database and key server check immediately after 1st pc restart...  

I am now using the no host blocking method and ongoing test .... 

Ok, will wait for final , thinking of installing over the previous ( beta).......:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

Ok, will wait for final , thinking of installing over the previous ( beta).......:rolleyes:

ok.

@knowledge

Been testing the no host blocking method, seems to hold also ..gotted it fixnow... currently running the no host method. If i have time , i will try to create a nice offline license changer for 2.2.1 so we can change any keys we like before updating to v3.0

knowledge-Spammer
21 minutes ago, sledge101 said:

ok.

@knowledge

Been testing the no host blocking method, seems to hold also ..gotted it fixnow... currently running the no host method. If i have time , i will try to create a nice offline license changer for 2.2.1 so we can change any keys we like before updating to v3.0

sounds very good

Just installed version 3. My whole system came to a halt and is so slow. WTF. Man fan is going like billyoh!!!

Just exiting the program, sorts everything out. They have ruined this software now. I hope they can fix the problems.

Time to uninstall.

On 12/14/2016 at 3:18 AM, Legacy said:

Just installed version 3. My whole system came to a halt and is so slow. WTF. Man fan is going like billyoh!!!

Just exiting the program, sorts everything out. They have ruined this software now. I hope they can fix the problems.

Time to uninstall.

Well you're installing a beta so installing it is pretty much at your own risk..

Archived