Announcing Beta of Malwarebytes 3.0, a Next-Generation Antivirus Replacement

Jordan

TUSv9Y6.jpg

Announcing Beta of Malwarebytes 3.0, a Next-Generation Antivirus Replacement

"Today we have released the beta of our next-generation product, Malwarebytes 3.0! This product is built to provide comprehensive protection against today’s threat landscape so that you can finally replace your traditional antivirus.

Our engineers have spent the last year building this product from the ground up and have combined our Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit, Anti-Ransomware, Website Protection, and Remediation technologies all into a single product which we simply call “Malwarebytes.” And it scans your computer 3-4 times faster!

When we launch Malwarebytes 3.0, we are confident that you can finally replace your traditional antivirus, thanks to our innovative and layered approach to preventing malware infections using a healthy combination of proactive and signature-less technologies. While signatures are still effective against threats like potentially unwanted programs, the majority of our malware detection events already come from our signature-less technologies like our Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomware; that trend will only continue to grow. For many of you, this is something you already know, since over 50% of our customers already run Malwarebytes as their sole security software, without any third-party antivirus. But rest assured, we will continue to support compatibility if you choose to use a third-party antivirus or other security software alongside Malwarebytes 3.0.

With the combination of our Anti-Malware ($24.95), Anti-Exploit ($24.95) and Anti-Ransomware (free, beta) technologies, we will be selling Malwarebytes 3.0 at $39.99 per computer per year, 20% less than our previous products combined and 33% less than an average traditional antivirus. As we did with our change from perpetual to subscription, we will grandfather in existing customers at their current price. We are still working out the details, but I assure you we will take care of all existing customers. As always, we will be keeping malware remediation absolutely free."

Features:

Performance / Protective Capability:
•   Added signature-less anti-exploit and anti-ransomware protection (Premium only)
•   Up to 4x faster scan speeds, including even quicker Hyper Scans
•   Removed non-essential reboots after certain malware removal events
•   Advanced Heuristic Engine (Shuriken) now enabled by default
•   Self-Protection now enabled by default (Premium only)

Usability:
•   Redesigned user interface for improved usability
•   Now configurable to integrate with Windows Action Center / Windows Security Center (Premium only)
•   Update checks are done automatically so they do not need to be scheduled
•   Improved support for keyboard navigation and screen readers

Stability / Issues Fixed:
•   Added ability to lock down My Account screen via User Access Policy
•   Added ability to collect enhanced logs when directed to do so by Support
•   Fixed issue where Scheduler did not adjust for Daylight Saving Time changes
•   Fixed issue where Scheduler defaulted to hourly Threat Scan instead of Daily
•   Fixed issue where Chameleon reported error messages numerous times to Windows Event Viewer
•   Changed 'Recover if missed by' setting in Scheduler to Off by default
•   Prevented rootkit scanning in Custom Scans if full system drive is not selected
•   Updated to latest version of 7-Zip DLL
•   Addressed many other miscellaneous defects

Grab it from here if you want to give it a try: https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/50ejcgpvqpmccj2r27n82btrxeftjm8w

New interface screenshots:

btgHNVs.png

QS6NCT8.png

0ttale3.png

PyDaGLA.png

j1v3ltW.png

SOURCE

• Replies 71
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lyldz said:

lifetime licence work with this new version?:unsure:

Yup....   just tested it now .. activated using old key  and new key design...  as long as those keys does not exceeded maximum usage

Note:  most likely  activated upgrades will accept it. Just do some precautionary measures.

28 minutes ago, solitario said:

Incomplete topic.

Missing necessary items:

Description

Today's cyber criminals build software designed to slip past antivirus programs undetected. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium crushes these threats with innovative technologies designed to defend you while keeping your online experience fast and hassle free.    

Benefits:

Cleans infections
Detects and removes malware on an infected computer with industry-leading anti-malware, anti-spyware, and anti-rootkit tech. Scans for the newest and most dangerous threats. Safely removes malware.

Prevents future infections PREMIUM
Runs continuously in the background, stopping infections before they happen. Scans automatically and halts attempted attacks.

Blocks malicious websitesPREMIUM
Stops sites that deliver malware or sites that are compromised by malware.

Scans faster PREMIUM
Targets only active threats in Hyper Scan mode for faster analysis.

Hides from malware PREMIUM
Uses proprietary Chameleon technology to prevent malware from terminating Malwarebytes or modifying its processes.

Features:

Performance / Protective Capability:
•   Added signature-less anti-exploit and anti-ransomware protection (Premium only)
•   Up to 4x faster scan speeds, including even quicker Hyper Scans
•   Removed non-essential reboots after certain malware removal events
•   Advanced Heuristic Engine (Shuriken) now enabled by default
•   Self-Protection now enabled by default (Premium only)

Usability:
•   Redesigned user interface for improved usability
•   Now configurable to integrate with Windows Action Center / Windows Security Center (Premium only)
•   Update checks are done automatically so they do not need to be scheduled
•   Improved support for keyboard navigation and screen readers

Stability / Issues Fixed:
•   Added ability to lock down My Account screen via User Access Policy
•   Added ability to collect enhanced logs when directed to do so by Support
•   Fixed issue where Scheduler did not adjust for Daylight Saving Time changes
•   Fixed issue where Scheduler defaulted to hourly Threat Scan instead of Daily
•   Fixed issue where Chameleon reported error messages numerous times to Windows Event Viewer
•   Changed 'Recover if missed by' setting in Scheduler to Off by default
•   Prevented rootkit scanning in Custom Scans if full system drive is not selected
•   Updated to latest version of 7-Zip DLL
•   Addressed many other miscellaneous defects

Homepage: https://malwarebytes.com

Please read the Softwares Guidelines

The old box 2.0 didnt work here and all my keys seems be blacklisted :(

If you have read this forum , you will ,indeed, better wait untill its final................( unless you want to totally mess-up your rig !)  :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, sledge101 said:

Yup....   just tested it now .. activated using old key  and new key design...  as long as those keys does not exceeded maximum usage

Note:  most likely  activated upgrades will accept it. Just do some precautionary measures.

Sir. Any key for me? :lol:

let me inspect first the program.

some bugs i noted in v3.02

1.  ram resources use is way too high 3X  

2.  ui interface bug esp using an hdtv a monitor 

3.  still not compatible with ramdisk installed. you will received a msg "cannot call proc" even if your system is clean

4. not compatible fully along with using windows defender. you need to disable windows defender to make use of the program otherwise it will cause unpredictable result such as bsod, pc hang ups.

5.   Protection dialog says off even if its turn on --->  they need to fix this and boost your ram way up  tsk...  

with regards to the toolbox...  

1.  old keys work but very selective.  i got it activated using old keys..  no problem using new keys which starts at MXXXX-XXX........

2.  needs to inspect license changes.

As this beta version is way too buggy,  i wont spend time creating a patch till the stable release.

alternative way to activate premium is still the old way,  activate old version and reinstall on top of it. make sure you do this offline.  block using a firewall or host. then restart pc and connect online. Furthermore, they seem to do a lot of stuffz here especially hardware scheme  ... in  upgrade method, you will see the license.conf    and net.conf in the backup folder at programdata  but in single installation   everything is in json  and no license.conf and net.conf.

I uninstalled it not gonna waste my time on the patch if this is prog is buggy..... tsk.. till then.

1 hour ago, sledge101 said:

let me inspect first the program.

some bugs i noted in v3.02

1.  ram resources use is way too high 3X  

2.  ui interface bug esp using an hdtv a monitor 

3.  still not compatible with ramdisk installed. you will received a msg "cannot call proc" even if your system is clean

4. not compatible fully along with using windows defender. you need to disable windows defender to make use of the program otherwise it will cause unpredictable result such as bsod, pc hang ups.

with regards to the toolbox...  

1.  old keys work but very selective.  i got it activated using old keys..  no problem using new keys which starts at MXXXX-XXX........

2.  needs to inspect license changes.

Ok.

Saludos amigo.

Archived