Your Connection is not secure

Loboron

Ever since Mozilla "Firefox" updated, almost all my attempts to connect to other URL's or download files or programs, including trying to Login here.(I'm currently using Chrome) I get "Your connection is not secure"

Anyone here experience this or know how to fix it.  I've completely uninstalled Firefox 3 times including all the data file folders.  I've tried to install older versions and then the new 5.0 Beta to no avail.  On a Google search no one seems to have a fix...

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.... Ron

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

check if you´re DNS client service is started. Could be the problem for registering you´re device on the internet. also date and time.

49 minutes ago, jordan4x said:

Read this article first if it can help you solve this issue : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

if not, other members can post other solutions....

The site listed ESET and the fix.. however my setup was exactly as they suggested... didn't fix..

Thank you for the reply

1 hour ago, macnavarra said:

check if you´re DNS client service is started. Could be the problem for registering you´re device on the internet. also date and time.

Did this and it says Running.

Any other ideas... this just started yesterday.. I made no changes or additions. Chrome is working perfectly.

This what I received when I tried to logon to nsane:

Your connection is not secure

The owner of www.nsaneforums.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

2 hours ago, Loboron said:

Ever since Mozilla "Firefox" updated, almost all my attempts to connect to other URL's or download files or programs, including trying to Login here.(I'm currently using Chrome) I get "Your connection is not secure"

Anyone here experience this or know how to fix it.  I've completely uninstalled Firefox 3 times including all the data file folders.  I've tried to install older versions and then the new 5.0 Beta to no avail.  On a Google search no one seems to have a fix...

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.... Ron

2 hours ago, Loboron said:

check your time and date dude

4 minutes ago, visualbuffs said:

check your time and date dude

The time and date is correct for my time zone.... thanks for the reply

Certificate is installed correctly  
*(Please delete, if is not recommended that the information is available here.)

www.nsaneforums.com

•    This is not a Symantec certificate.
  •    Please contact the Certificate Authority for further verification.
1. Symantec Info:
Spoiler
Certificate information

This server uses a Domain Validated (DV) certificate. No information about the site owner has been validated. Data is protected, but exchanging personal or financial information is not recommended.
Common name:
 sni27985.cloudflaressl.com
SAN:
 sni27985.cloudflaressl.com, *.bigfilmxjo.gq, *.cannaesthesia.com, *.cordenthia.com, *.discoveregyptdesert.com, *.hdcinemaqyf.ga, *.imjon.co.uk, *.innopage.com, *.iovo.pl, *.movietimelenm.gq, *.movietvept.ga, *.movietvjqe.gq, *.nsanedown.com, *.nsaneforums.com, *.rottentomatoesnpd.ga, *.sscccix.com, *.tamilmoviemp3.com, bigfilmxjo.gq, cannaesthesia.com, cordenthia.com, discoveregyptdesert.com, hdcinemaqyf.ga, imjon.co.uk, innopage.com, iovo.pl, movietimelenm.gq, movietvept.ga, movietvjqe.gq, nsanedown.com, nsaneforums.com, rottentomatoesnpd.ga, sscccix.com, tamilmoviemp3.com

Valid from:
 2016-Sep-20 00:00:00 GMT
Valid to:
 2017-Mar-26 23:59:59 GMT

Certificate status:
 Valid
Revocation check method:
 OCSP
Organization:

Organizational unit:
 PositiveSSL Multi-Domain,Domain Control Validated
City/locality:

State/province:

Certificate Transparency:
 Not embedded in certificate

Serial number:
 f9fcc3869f7683a2487e4ae5c834ddf1
Algorithm type:
 SHA256withECDSA
Key size:
Certificate chain
  • cert_valid.pngCOMODO ECC Certification AuthorityIntermediate certificate
    • valid_cert_stroke.pngcert_valid.pngCOMODO ECC Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2Intermediate certificate
      • valid_cert_stroke.pngcert_valid.pngsni27985.cloudflaressl.comTested certificate
Server configuration

Host name:
Server type:
 cloudflare-nginx
IP address:
Port number:

Protocols enabled:

TLS1.2

TLS1.1

TLS1.0

Protocols not enabled:

SSLv3

SSLv2

Secure Renegotiation:
 Enabled
Downgrade attack prevention:
 Enabled
Next Protocol Negotiation:
 Enabled
Session resumption (caching):
 Enabled
Session resumption (tickets):
 Enabled
Strict Transport Security (HSTS):
 Not Enabled
SSL/TLS compression:
 Not Enabled
Heartbeat (extension):
 Not Enabled
RC4:
 Not Enabled
OCSP stapling:
 Enabled

Vulnerabilities checked:

Heartbleed

Poodle (TLS)

Poodle (SSLv3)

FREAK

BEAST

CRIME

Cipher suites enabled:

TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA (0xC008)
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA (0xC009)
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA (0xC00A)
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 (0xC023)
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384 (0xC024)
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 (0xC02B)
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (0xC02C)

2. COMODO Info:

Spoiler

SSL Checker

This SSL Checker will help you diagnose problems with your SSL certificate installation. You can verify the SSL certificate on your web server to make sure it is correctly installed, valid, trusted and doesn't give any errors to any of your users. To use the SSL Checker, simply enter your server's hostname (must be public) in the box below and click the Check SSL button. If you need an SSL certificate, check out the SSL Wizard.

More Information About the SSL Checker

https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=www.nsaneforums.com

www.nsaneforums.com resolves to 104.28.11.23

Server Type: cloudflare-nginx

The certificate should be trusted by all major web browsers (all the correct intermediate certificates are installed).

The certificate was issued by Comodo.   Write review of Comodo

The certificate will expire in 151 days. Remind me

The hostname (www.nsaneforums.com) is correctly listed in the certificate.

certificate_good_server.png Common name: sni27985.cloudflaressl.com
SANs: sni27985.cloudflaressl.com, *.bigfilmxjo.gq, *.cannaesthesia.com, *.cordenthia.com, *.discoveregyptdesert.com, *.hdcinemaqyf.ga, *.imjon.co.uk, *.innopage.com, *.iovo.pl, *.movietimelenm.gq, *.movietvept.ga, *.movietvjqe.gq, *.nsanedown.com, *.nsaneforums.com, *.rottentomatoesnpd.ga, *.sscccix.com, *.tamilmoviemp3.com, bigfilmxjo.gq, cannaesthesia.com, cordenthia.com, discoveregyptdesert.com, hdcinemaqyf.ga, imjon.co.uk, innopage.com, iovo.pl, movietimelenm.gq, movietvept.ga, movietvjqe.gq, nsanedown.com, nsaneforums.com, rottentomatoesnpd.ga, sscccix.com, tamilmoviemp3.com
Valid from September 19, 2016 to March 26, 2017
Serial Number: f9fcc3869f7683a2487e4ae5c834ddf1
Signature Algorithm: ecdsa-with-SHA256
Issuer: COMODO ECC Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2

arrow_down.png  
certificate_good_chain.png Common name: COMODO ECC Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2
Organization: COMODO CA Limited
Valid from September 24, 2014 to September 24, 2029
Serial Number: 5b25ce6907c4265566d3390c99a954ad
Signature Algorithm: ecdsa-with-SHA384
Issuer: COMODO ECC Certification Authority

arrow_down.png  
certificate_good_chain.png Common name: COMODO ECC Certification Authority
Valid from May 30, 2000 to May 30, 2020
Serial Number: 4352023ffaa8901f139fe3f4e5c1444e
Signature Algorithm: sha384WithRSAEncryption
Issuer: AddTrust External CA Root

16 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Certificate is installed correctly  
*(Please delete, if is not recommended that the information is available here.)

www.nsaneforums.com

•    This is not a Symantec certificate.
  •    Please contact the Certificate Authority for further verification.
1. Symantec Info:
  Reveal hidden contents
Certificate information

This server uses a Domain Validated (DV) certificate. No information about the site owner has been validated. Data is protected, but exchanging personal or financial information is not recommended.
Common name:
 sni27985.cloudflaressl.com
SAN:
 sni27985.cloudflaressl.com, *.bigfilmxjo.gq, *.cannaesthesia.com, *.cordenthia.com, *.discoveregyptdesert.com, *.hdcinemaqyf.ga, *.imjon.co.uk, *.innopage.com, *.iovo.pl, *.movietimelenm.gq, *.movietvept.ga, *.movietvjqe.gq, *.nsanedown.com, *.nsaneforums.com, *.rottentomatoesnpd.ga, *.sscccix.com, *.tamilmoviemp3.com, bigfilmxjo.gq, cannaesthesia.com, cordenthia.com, discoveregyptdesert.com, hdcinemaqyf.ga, imjon.co.uk, innopage.com, iovo.pl, movietimelenm.gq, movietvept.ga, movietvjqe.gq, nsanedown.com, nsaneforums.com, rottentomatoesnpd.ga, sscccix.com, tamilmoviemp3.com

Valid from:
 2016-Sep-20 00:00:00 GMT
Valid to:
 2017-Mar-26 23:59:59 GMT

Certificate status:
 Valid
Revocation check method:
 OCSP
Organization:

Organizational unit:
 PositiveSSL Multi-Domain,Domain Control Validated
City/locality:

State/province:

Certificate Transparency:
 Not embedded in certificate

Serial number:
 f9fcc3869f7683a2487e4ae5c834ddf1
Algorithm type:
 SHA256withECDSA
Key size:
Certificate chain
Show details

• cert_valid.pngCOMODO ECC Certification AuthorityIntermediate certificate
    • valid_cert_stroke.pngcert_valid.pngCOMODO ECC Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2Intermediate certificate
      • valid_cert_stroke.pngcert_valid.pngsni27985.cloudflaressl.comTested certificate
Server configuration

Host name:
Server type:
 cloudflare-nginx
IP address:
Port number:

Protocols enabled:

TLS1.2

TLS1.1

TLS1.0

Protocols not enabled:

SSLv3

SSLv2

Secure Renegotiation:
 Enabled
Downgrade attack prevention:
 Enabled
Next Protocol Negotiation:
 Enabled
Session resumption (caching):
 Enabled
Session resumption (tickets):
 Enabled
Strict Transport Security (HSTS):
 Not Enabled
SSL/TLS compression:
 Not Enabled
Heartbeat (extension):
 Not Enabled
RC4:
 Not Enabled
OCSP stapling:
 Enabled

Vulnerabilities checked:

Heartbleed

Poodle (TLS)

Poodle (SSLv3)

FREAK

BEAST

CRIME

Cipher suites enabled:

TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA (0xC008)
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA (0xC009)
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA (0xC00A)
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 (0xC023)
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384 (0xC024)
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 (0xC02B)
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (0xC02C)

2. COMODO Info:

Reveal hidden contents

SSL Checker

This SSL Checker will help you diagnose problems with your SSL certificate installation. You can verify the SSL certificate on your web server to make sure it is correctly installed, valid, trusted and doesn't give any errors to any of your users. To use the SSL Checker, simply enter your server's hostname (must be public) in the box below and click the Check SSL button. If you need an SSL certificate, check out the SSL Wizard.

More Information About the SSL Checker

https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=www.nsaneforums.com

www.nsaneforums.com resolves to 104.28.11.23

Server Type: cloudflare-nginx

The certificate should be trusted by all major web browsers (all the correct intermediate certificates are installed).

The certificate was issued by Comodo.   Write review of Comodo

The certificate will expire in 151 days. Remind me

The hostname (www.nsaneforums.com) is correctly listed in the certificate.

certificate_good_server.png Common name: sni27985.cloudflaressl.com
SANs: sni27985.cloudflaressl.com, *.bigfilmxjo.gq, *.cannaesthesia.com, *.cordenthia.com, *.discoveregyptdesert.com, *.hdcinemaqyf.ga, *.imjon.co.uk, *.innopage.com, *.iovo.pl, *.movietimelenm.gq, *.movietvept.ga, *.movietvjqe.gq, *.nsanedown.com, *.nsaneforums.com, *.rottentomatoesnpd.ga, *.sscccix.com, *.tamilmoviemp3.com, bigfilmxjo.gq, cannaesthesia.com, cordenthia.com, discoveregyptdesert.com, hdcinemaqyf.ga, imjon.co.uk, innopage.com, iovo.pl, movietimelenm.gq, movietvept.ga, movietvjqe.gq, nsanedown.com, nsaneforums.com, rottentomatoesnpd.ga, sscccix.com, tamilmoviemp3.com
Valid from September 19, 2016 to March 26, 2017
Serial Number: f9fcc3869f7683a2487e4ae5c834ddf1
Signature Algorithm: ecdsa-with-SHA256
Issuer: COMODO ECC Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2

arrow_down.png  
certificate_good_chain.png Common name: COMODO ECC Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2
Valid from September 24, 2014 to September 24, 2029
Serial Number: 5b25ce6907c4265566d3390c99a954ad
Signature Algorithm: ecdsa-with-SHA384
Issuer: COMODO ECC Certification Authority

arrow_down.png  
certificate_good_chain.png Common name: COMODO ECC Certification Authority
Valid from May 30, 2000 to May 30, 2020
Serial Number: 4352023ffaa8901f139fe3f4e5c1444e
Signature Algorithm: sha384WithRSAEncryption
Issuer: AddTrust External CA Root

It's not me questioning the certificates... it's Firefox.... when I click on the attached files in your COMODO attachment.  each one says "Connection not secure"   I'm just looking for a FIX for this issue.  Thank you for the reply.. frustrating

4 minutes ago, Loboron said:

It's not me questioning the certificates... it's Firefox.... when I click on the attached files in your COMODO attachment.  each one says "Connection not secure"   I'm just looking for a FIX for this issue.  Thank you for the reply.. frustrating

• Give some examples, I'll look on it.
  • Do I understand correctly, only Firefox says, that connection is not secure?

9 minutes ago, Kalju said:
  • Give some examples, I'll look on it.
  • Do I understand correctly, only Firefox says, that connection is not secure?

Yes, it's only Firefox, and it just started yesterday... I haven't added or deleted any flies or programs.

Here's an example url  https://www.windyty.com/?19.560,-108.896,5  It's marine weather / wind site I use daily.

I've found that if I click on ADVANCED when the notice is displayed... I can now make an exception.

However I'm receiving a new alert, when I click on a news link in Fox news is says:

being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

Learn more…

Here is the info:   www.windyty.com ,  I do not have problems.
Valid from: 2014-Dec-02 04:50:37 GMT
Valid to: 2016-Dec-04 10:38:45 GMT
Source: 

https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=www.windyty.com

https://cryptoreport.websecurity.symantec.com/checker/

Spoiler

Warnings
SSLv3
Your server's encryption settings are vulnerable. This server uses the SSLv3 protocol, which is not secure. 
RSA remove cross certificates
The certificate chain contains a cross root (primary intermediate) certificate that should be removed. Use Symantec CryptoReport to remove cross root certificates.

This server is vulnerable to:
Poodle (SSLv3 protocol)
This server is vulnerable to a Poodle (SSLv3) attack. 

Are you using Firefox?   I'm at a loss.. this just started yesterday and only with Firefox...

Thank you for your help.

Ron

Not think so, maybe, but I think, there is something else. It is probably some settings, maybe the Firefox user data is damaged, but not sure.

There is possible very different reasons. Difficult to diagnose exactly.

Israeli_Eagle
3 hours ago, Loboron said:

Yes, it's only Firefox, and it just started yesterday... I haven't added or deleted any flies or programs.

Here's an example url  https://www.windyty.com/?19.560,-108.896,5  It's marine weather / wind site I use daily.

I've found that if I click on ADVANCED when the notice is displayed... I can now make an exception.

However I'm receiving a new alert, when I click on a news link in Fox news is says:

being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

Learn more…

The website works totally normal and the certs are valid. (I always use only FF!)

But this error smells for me as a (bad) Proxy or (bad) addon... :coolwink:

• Administrator

You guys really need to read when I post some important information:

On 22/10/2016 at 3:58 AM, DKT27 said:

Update: This is to notify all the members / visitors of the forums to switch back to non-HTTPS version of the forums. HTTPS introduced too many problems on the forums and it's implementation remains broken as of now.

If switching to non-HTTPS is not working, the only way to fix it is to clear one's browser cache and try the non-HTTPS address again.

HTTPS on FP - nsane.down remains enabled as of now here.

So yes, stop using the HTTPS version of nsane.forums, the forums break if HTTPS is enabled. Try the non-HTTPS version and see. The frontpage - nsane.down should not have any problems though.

OK... I fixed that for here, but there's other sites that I can't load unless I click ADVANCED and make the URL exception... for the most part it's working with the work around, However I still have the issue with downloads.

Is there a fix in Firefox to eliminate HTTPS when I try to open a new site?  I've manually removed it from a couple of sites that I couldn't load earlier and it works... the site loads immediately.

I really appreciate the collective effort to help me resolve this.

Ron

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, Loboron said:

OK... I fixed that for here, but there's other sites that I can't load unless I click ADVANCED and make the URL exception... for the most part it's working with the work around, However I still have the issue with downloads.

Is there a fix in Firefox to eliminate HTTPS when I try to open a new site?  I've manually removed it from a couple of sites that I couldn't load earlier and it works... the site loads immediately.

I really appreciate the collective effort to help me resolve this.

Ron

Is ESET doing this.

I'm checking now.. I disabled HTTPS protection..

When I opened ESET I noticed that the HTTP Protocol was enabled but for the first time I saw that under HTTPS Scanner setup, enable HTTPS Checking was disabled....I enabled it and all appears to be working OK.

Just curious, why did it just affect Firefox and not Chrome?

Sorry for any inconvenience ...I'm still reading and learning a lot here..

Thanks to all.

Ron

Archived