WINDOWS 10 forced update

luisam

My sister is not even nearly  "hardcore" computer user, she just turns on her laptop daily to check emails, Facebook and some news. She knows practically nothing about operatng systems, Windows versions and all this "Microsoft craze" and vaguely she had the reminescence memory of having Windows 7. She was quite happy with it, never had any complaint about her computer... Two days ago, October 23, the computer went crazy, "hung up" and kept on updating about 2 hours. As a result, she got an entirely different Windows. When I had a look at the startup screen, oh, surprise: it is Windows 10! Apart of the "hang on" time while updating, apparently all resulted perfect, her laptop works without flaws, about as fast as before, but with all this strange Windows 10 stuff that looks really weird for someone who has been using Windows 7 and doesn't know anything about those "grandiouse" changes

Now, my question to those who know about this: how come that almost 2 months after Microsoft finalized its infamous campaign, her Windows was updated just like that?

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
knowledge-Spammer
50 minutes ago, luisam said:

My sister is not even nearly  "hardcore" computer user, she just turns on her laptop daily to check emails, Facebook and some news. She knows practically nothing about operatng systems, Windows versions and all this "Microsoft craze" and vaguely she had the reminescence memory of having Windows 7. She was quite happy with it, never had any complaint about her computer... Two days ago, October 23, the computer went crazy, "hung up" and kept on updating about 2 hours. As a result, she got an entirely different Windows. When I had a look at the startup screen, oh, surprise: it is Windows 10! Apart of the "hang on" time while updating, apparently all resulted perfect, her laptop works without flaws, about as fast as before, but with all this strange Windows 10 stuff that looks really weird for someone who has been using Windows 7 and doesn't know anything about those "grandiouse" changes

Now, my question to those who know about this: how come that almost 2 months after Microsoft finalized its infamous campaign, her Windows was updated just like that?

updates for windows 10 is a pain in the ....... if she want 7 back try this for her

or can use QUtxe39.jpg  to stop updates to windows 10

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

bDt55X7.jpg

28 minutes ago, dezsez said:

Change your wifi settings to a metered connection

It is not very wise suggestion.  But why, try itself, what happens.

After all, if a person wants to use something, then it must also be know, how to use. 

If Windows usage is so difficult, must use something else. Nobody can't jump over own shadow.

Archived