Site Update

DKT27

• Administrator

This is to give an update for all the members and visitors of nsane. We know many members have been frustrated by the issues of both FP and the forums from the last month or so. Rest assured. We are not happy with it either. The staff of nsane, including the admins, are as concerned and caring for the site and the visitors as much you guys are. To do that, we are also doing everything possible for us to.

The current situation is that, due to some complex server config problems, there have been access issues for the nsane and the admins are looking into it. As this issue is quite complex, it requires some time, investigation and effort to fix it.

To avoid further issues, we have, only temporarily, taken the forums offline for the members. This is done for the betterment of the site. It will be back when possible to do so. The forums being offline is also a reason one cannot open / access some of the news and other topics posted on the forums from the FP.

To make sure we keep serving the sites, the frontpage staff of nsane have been working to keep the frontpage - nsane.down updated with all the latest updates of the softwares. In addition, just a few days ago, we have also temporarily enabled partial support for HTTPS for both nsane.down and nsane.forums, so the visitors of nsane can browse more securely here.

Also, yes, we know proxy is not working.

• Replies 19
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For who can't open pages or like/Thanks posts just right click on the page or like/Thanks and copy link then paste it in address bar and go, it will do the job :)

• Administrator
1 hour ago, BALTAGY said:

For who can't open pages or like/Thanks posts just right click on the page or like/Thanks and copy link then paste it in address bar and go, it will do the job :)

Middle click or open link in new tab will work too.

About six hours ago I got such a notice. 

Spoiler

Hi admin, 
Version 4.1.16 of the IPS Community Suite is now available. 

In addition to many small bug fixes, this release includes:

• Large number of bugs fixed in focus areas: Commerce, Pages databases, and IPS Connect
  • Performance improvements in: profile view, sitemap generator, posting replies, and Activity Streams
  • We now try to more reliably detect the AWS S3 endpoint for those using S3 file storage
  • More efficient license key checking to keep the keys from being checked too often which can slow your site down
  • There is now a column in tasks view to show the last time it ran to help diagnostics
  • When a member changes their email or password they now get an email confirmation
  • If group promotion based on date is enable the system will now auto-promote even if a member does not login
  • There is now a setting to change the number of topics per page in the forum view
  • If you move your site to a new URL you no longer have to update a constant if using the image proxy
  • You can now press ctrl/cmd+enter in any editor window to submit the reply
  • In Commerce ticket view there are keyboard shortcuts to perform common actions (such as press 'r' to open reply box or 'n' for note)
  • There is now logic to prevent double-posting when the initial post encounters an error on submit
  • Moderators can now remove all followers from an item
  • Contact Us is now configurable with various options
  • Announcements can now be restricted by member group
  • Admins now have a setting to have members automatically follow content they start or reply to. Members can optionally override this.
  • The editor will now show a message if a link that can be embedded (image, video, etc.) failed to embed for some reason. Admins get more detailed error reasons.
  • If your datastore (cache system) is not working properly the AdminCP will now show you a warning telling you that it needs attention.
  • When a member is banned/suspended the system now shows a more friendly page with information on their ban. Previously it showed a permission denied page.
  • Redesigned ticket listing in Commerce
  • New My History view in Commerce
  • Security Questions for account security

Please view the 4.1.16 announcement for full details and screenshots.

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Kalju said:

About six hours ago I got such a notice. 

Reveal hidden contents

Yes. But I'm not sure if it's connected to the issue though.

Also, too many updates these days I think. :P

ANW, added this line to the first post:

Also, yes, we know proxy is not working.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Kalju said:

I mean it just like an information that now it is available. Nothing else.

Nothing wrong in posting it, as you did.

I am glad it is back.

Maybe find a better service provider.

Plenty out there with 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% uptime

• Administrator

Update: This is to notify all the members / visitors of the forums to switch back to non-HTTPS version of the forums. HTTPS introduced too many problems on the forums and it's implementation remains broken as of now.

If switching to non-HTTPS is not working, the only way to fix it is to clear one's browser cache and try the non-HTTPS address again.

HTTPS on FP - nsane.down remains enabled as of now here.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Minh Tân said:

Please help me, Administrator. I can't sign in using Twitter

Can any other users confirm this issue. I'm not able to confirm it.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Minh Tân said:

Here is the screenshot, sorry I cannot post it directly 

http://imgur.com/iwdxkBo

You are right. Well, there is some problems on the forums side indeed. But everything is configured correctly, so not sure why it's happening so. We will look into it.

Just now, DKT27 said:

You are right. Well, there is some problems on the forums side indeed. But everything is configured correctly, so not sure why it's happening so. We will look into it.

Thanks for your work hard. I prefer to sign in with Twitter account than Facebook account because I used Twitter account on this forum more than Facebook account

How I wish this Site update was given hours or a day after the site/forum went offline.

We are curious to know  the cause of the site being offline.

Can you make that possible by the next downtime?

• Administrator
15 hours ago, nIGHT said:

How I wish this Site update was given hours or a day after the site/forum went offline.

We are curious to know  the cause of the site being offline.

Can you make that possible by the next downtime?

For certain reasons it was not possible to do so. But will try to do so.

I must mention, the issue is probably not fully fixed though. But we are actively looking into it.

Archived