Win10 Anniversary Update woes: One step forward, two steps back

Karlston

• Replies 56
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On undefined at 8:47 PM, Karlston said:

Avast or Kaspersky,

They should  use NOD32  instead as long as you do pre release updates even v8 witch has not been updated since windows 10  1st came out still works. so it seems they should be able to send out a update to make them work,  and they should of been testing it while Redstone 1 was still being tested by insiders. .Its really nothing new for these Antivirus to not work right on major updates of Windows i.Its been a problem since Vista..

On undefined at 7:24 PM, D1v1n3D said:

I will find where it was known and admitted to by Dell give me a few.

This happened over 5 years  ago on Dell PowerEdge Servers  One of the Dell motherboards  got infected with a worm at one plant ... this didn't happen in the Consumer or Bossiness PC lines even ... And it only effected Windows Server , if you had Linux  server  it didn't effect you . They replaced the  motherboards .Dell are very good  at coming  out and fixing stuff .if something goes wrong. I owned some Dells and still  own one so i know.  So its still FUD .

If you got infected from a Worm does this make you a bad person? No .. Lenvo a few years ago was shipping PCs with infected certificates and malware on purpose and still a lot people  buys that crap   .This is not the 1s ttime  this happened ether HP  and compaq was shipping cheap pcs full of malware long before Lenvo done it .  I never had trouble with any PC i ever bought being infected from the manufacturer . I worked  on a compaq that was though  i had  to put a clean copy of XP on it to fix it. All manufacturers are bad about shipping  PCs full of OEM shit no one wants.

As far as you saying Dell PCs mess up after warranty ,someone told me HP be messing up all the time , Even my Gateway witch is made by Acer the HHD went out after warranty i just replaced it .That could happen no matter what you buy .They dont make things like they use too . :)

You was talking about how good ASUS was a lot people had trouble with them too .

Top 460 Complaints and Reviews about ASUS

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/asus.html

mQaJ10z.png

The reason  I call what you say FUD,   is because you dog one manufacturer because you like something better and many people dont like what you like and had trouble with it too.

You clearly do not build your own PC's do you? Because they are the TOP gaming boards PERIOD or enthusiast and if someone buys a ASUS from Walmart that's their bad I don't buy any electronics from Walmart they are all third rate it's Walmart for crying out loud and those that ordered from Asus.com didn't complain those that get ROG don't complain either have you ever owned or used one? Probably not considering you complain about money. I like the fact that Asus on it's laptops includes accidental drop still damage warranty for FREE just for your info I have sold over 200 Asus's and not a single one has been complained about or returned to me so YOU are FUD bro if you do not do this for a living then you cannot really make false bs statements based on some internet link, oh wait everything on the internet is true RIGHT? Still even those that are complaining bought the cheapest Celeron or Pentium model instead of putting up just another 50 to 100 for a icore they are asking for a shit system period no matter the company.

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/asus-brand-rating

16 minutes ago, D1v1n3D said:

you clearly do not build your own PC's do you?

What does this have to do with anything i fix my own when they break .You was shiiting all over dell  for  those Dell PowerEdge Servers in 2010  when it happened too Asus in 2008

Asus ships Eee Box PCs with malware

http://www.zdnet.com/article/asus-ships-eee-box-pcs-with-malware/

Even if  you build you're own you could get a infected HHD  it happen to Seagate in 2007 .

http://www.zdnet.com/article/seagate-ships-virus-infected-hard-drives/

Who the hell buys a HDD not hhd your spelling and grammar is killing me, in 2016 with SSD down to 70 for 275gb or 60 for 250gb I replace all stock drives in laptops with Samsung or crucial ssd's they are the only one swith 3D Nand at the moment and it cannot be beat. If you still use HDD then you sir are a fool.

it's also pretty hard to beat an Asus Monitor from standard to a 165hz gaming model I current own 3 one at 120hz one at 60hz and one at 144hz all are great monitors and best warranty and return policy for dead pixels. which I have one that is 7 years old and still no dead pixels and it has been packed around like a laptop and it's a 23".

Oh I also have a

Asus M4A88T-I Deluxe since day one that is over 6 years old still running perfect with overclocked 6core cpu in it.

•  

11 minutes ago, D1v1n3D said:

Who the hell buys a HDD not hhd your spelling and grammar is killing me, in 2016 with SSD down to 70 for 275gb or 60 for 250gb I replace all stock drives in laptops with Samsung or crucial ssd's they are the only one swith 3D Nand at the moment and it cannot be beat. If you still use HDD then you sir are a fool.

Read the article link i made a typo, before i corrected it you quoted me .  id rather make grammar mistakes than spread fud  . Im  using a HHD from 1dt decade of this century in this PC because the one that came in it messed up because i bought another new PC instead of a SSD  . You got all these people who bought SSD who cant even use RS1  so who is the fool?

not to mention you are stating Seagate that is a terrible company that is in financial struggle right now if anyone were to buy a good HDD it would be Western Digital Black editions. Most reliable and top seller for 7 years straight in the HDD market. for negligent amount more. with 5 year warranty instead of 3.

Who uses RS1 particularly any of my clients.

1 minute ago, D1v1n3D said:

not to mention you are stating Seagate that is a terrible company that is in financial struggle right now if anyone were to buy a good HDD it would be Wester Digital Black editions. Most reliable and top seller for 7 years straight in the HDD market. for negligent amount more. with 5 year warranty instead of 3.

More Fud, you're really a doom and gloom kind of guy aren't you . Back years ago everyone said the same about WD . I dont really care if Seagate goes under or not that's just was some examples also it happen to HP and Apple before it could happen to anyone is the point im making FUD means fear, uncertainty and doubt, usually evoked intentionally in order to put a competitor at a disadvantage.

http://www.newegg.com/Desktop-Internal-Hard-Drives/SubCategory/ID-14?Tid=167523&Order=BESTSELLING

http://www.newegg.com/Desktop-Internal-Hard-Drives/SubCategory/ID-14?Tid=167523&Order=RATING

largest seller in PC parts claims WD top in both selling and rating.

I have been building computers for 20 years man keep dreaming that you think you know about parts and quality. As we type right now I am taking out a generic SSD out of a Acer and putting Samsung Evo. I have used every brand for HDD and have dabbled with SSD and by far the best and most reliable is Samsung then behind that is Crucial I stay far from sandforce crap by intel.

17 minutes ago, D1v1n3D said:

Yes WD,  are the better choice today but not long ago they weren't  ..I dont go out and buy new stuff just cause they invented  it . I go out and buy new PCs every so many years . I dont game on PCs i just watch videos and listen  to music and browse the internet . my moms still use a  very old laptop that was upgraded from Vista to windows 7 . When my HHD messed up in my Win 8 machine   i just pulled a old one out of  a junk PC i had and fixed it and it runs fine with Win 10 RS1  and it didn't cost me nothing.

and by the way every single one of my PC's that have SSD runs Redstone that is what I'm on right now and I just put in my new crucial mx300 3d nand SSD and let me tell you 4 second boot time and everything else is instant. oh and this acer Samsung migration just migrated Redstone to Samsung drive and it is booting and running great as we speak. I have also upgraded most of my clients to Redstone they are all running SSD I haven't had any issues where did you get that Redstone wont work on SSD.

3 minutes ago, D1v1n3D said:

and by the way every single one of my PC's that have SSD runs Redstone that is what I'm on right now and I just put in my new crucial mx300 3d nand SSD and let me tell you 4 second boot time and everything else is instant. oh and this acer Samsung migration just migrated Redstone to Samsung drive and it is booting and running great as we speak.

can you share your system configuration, maybe i could get motivated :D

46 minutes ago, D1v1n3D said:

and by the way every single one of my PC's that have SSD runs Redstone that is what I'm on right now and I just put in my new crucial mx300 3d nand SSD and let me tell you 4 second boot time and everything else is instant. oh and this acer Samsung migration just migrated Redstone to Samsung drive and it is booting and running great as we speak.

Well go tell that to M$ there the ones that blamed it on SSD  not me that it want install for some funny thing is my friend who do build PCs just built a PC not long ago has a HHD instead of a SSD  and having the same problem . I think its you need to disconnect  all other drives when installing it regardless if SSD or HHD .

Microsoft has received a small number of reports of Windows 10 freezing after installing the Anniversary Update on systems with the operating system stored on a solid-state drive (SSD) and apps and data stored on a separate drive. This issue does not occur when starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode.

Source

http://www.windowscentral.com/some-windows-10-anniversary-update-pcs-experiencing-freezing-issues

Microsoft thread:: Windows 10 may freeze after installing the Anniversary Update - Updated 8-16-16

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-may-freeze-after-installing-the/5a60d75d-120a-4502-873c-8bfec65c82d0?page=1

.Reddit thread: Windows 10 fully freezes after anniversary update

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4vufpo/windows_10_fully_freezes_after_anniversary_update/

Yes if you are running an SSD and an HDD you will have issues only on install you must install OS without HDD attached for some reason w10 even first edition wanted to override and use HDD as MBR master boot record drive and then os will be installed on SSD but you want MBR and OS on SSD it will boot much faster and more stable. if you have multiple SSD setup RAID or you may have issues there to.

As for my current build it's MSI Z97I GAMING AC with 4790K turbo off and clocked at 4ghz with 16gb 2666mhz ddr3 Crucial MX300 SSD and Sapphire R9 280x horrible GPU which will be replaced with RX 480 Asus Strix or MSI Gaming edition of 480 once available.

I'm a weird one for browser I use edge as of W10 AE with adblock on works great seems smoother and faster then any other browser however there are a few sites that wont load right so chrome with ublock origin and ublock origin WebSocket on to get those sites to work safely and securely.

15 minutes ago, D1v1n3D said:

es if you are running an SSD and an HDD you will have issues only on install you must install OS without HDD attached for some reason w10 even first edition wanted to override and use HDD as MBR master boot record drive and then os will be installed on SSD but you want MBR on and OS on SSD it will boot much faster and more stable. if you have multiple SSD setup RAID or you may have issues there to.

My friend has the same problem and there just running HHD  no SSD  they dont want have to unhook there other internal  drives to install it they been waiting around all month for a fix they rolled back to th2 . Almost everyone that has Windows 10 is still on TH2  i posted about it the other day.

best bet is to tear it appart or fresh install and format all drives and only put partition on the install drive on install and then go to disk management by right clicking the start button and then create new partition in that on the other drive. backup everything.

once you have digital entitlement with w10 you don't need cdkey and you can install fresh it will activate itself once online.

Here is a list of motherboard manufactures for OEM's like Dell

Dell - Largely Intel, some Asus and MSI
Gateway/Acer - Intel, Acer, MSI, Asus, DFI
HP - Intel, Asus
Compaq which now Acer owns- Intel, FIC
IBM now Lenova - Intel, Acer (AOpen), Asus, DFI

best bet is to tear it appart or fresh install and format all drives and only put partition on the install drive on install and then go to disk manager by right clicking the start button and then create new partition in that on the other drive. backup everything.

why would you reformat all drives when you have  them full of games like they do  they would lose everything, .I use external drives i just plug in my usb  i can unplug all mine easy . The fix they gave is BS too boot into safe mode and move everything to you're C drive i got so much stuff on my drives and there much larger than my internal dive id nuke windows and install Linux  before id lose my data. :P

sounds like you need a MBR repair weird thing I haven't had any issues other then some programs not working on the upgrade but fresh install fixed all of it. upgrade process is broken and probably always will be they aren't focusing on upgrades properly to many variables in software let alone hardware. when upgrade to Redstone try to force boot repair or go into boot repair to force it kill power as windows logo is loading then on next boot it will ask to fix boot issues. and if they did upgrade process that maybe why some freezing have them do a fresh install with no formatting or deleting it will put all files in windows.old folder and you can move them back when done. I have done this many times. I know for a fact it is the upgrade process come to think of it I had this issue on a friends with th2 but then did a fresh install of redstone and that fixed it. it acted like it was a really old dying drive and I was like this isn't right so yea.

6 minutes ago, D1v1n3D said:

sounds like you need a MBR repair weird thing I haven't had any issues other then some programs not working on the upgrade but fresh install fixed all of it. upgrade process is broken and probably always will be they aren't focusing on upgrades properly to many variables in software let alone hardware. when upgrade to Redstone try to force boot repair or go into boot repair to force it kill power as windows logo is loading then on next boot it will ask to fix boot issues.

They tested it like 3 or 4 times and had to do MBR repair  same results RS 1 freezes  up they repair MBR and they roll back to TH2 and its fine. they use backup image software  :)

hmm I'm telling you nothing like fresh install I wont do upgrades anymore I only did them to get the w10 digital entitlement after that I reinstalled fresh and its better then w7 or 8 only 30 mins from start to finish with a good USB drive.

7 minutes ago, D1v1n3D said:

hmm I'm telling you nothing like fresh install I wont do upgrades anymore I only did them to get the w10 digital entitlement after that I reinstalled fresh and its better then w7 or 8 only 30 mins from start to finish with a good USB drive.

I done mine a week before RS 1 came  out on 2 PCs from the signoff  build all i did was unplug all my external drives and   Burned the ISO to DVD and cleaned installed my PCs i never had any freezing  issues my external drives with all my data work fine if the didnt I dont play around I would got rid of Windows 10 if it gave me problems lol,

Tell you what if they want to pay for shipping to and from my house I will gladly do it for them for free I guarantee I will get it running redstone better then th2. ever hear of this software EaseUS Todo PCTrans Pro transfers software that is installed on older computer to new computer If you don't want to lose anything works great.

Tell you what if they want to pay for shipping to and from my house I will gladly do it for them for free I guarantee I will get it running redstone better then th2.

This person has there own part time business PC repair and do custom built pcs why would they send it too you there waiting on fix .  :P

Because clearly I'm better at building and programming computers I had one computer with the slowdown or freeze but was on th2 not redstone and I fixed it within half hour. I have a total of 4 desktops and 3 laptops running redstone and 2 laptops are not supported by w10 at all and I still managed to get them running perfect also one is a gateway mini dualcore atom with HT 2gb ram and ssd works awesome, other is Dell inspiron with touchscreen icore7 gen 2 not supported by w10 but works awesome as well. was going to upload images but .2mb limit is just stupid NSane you should fix that, one photo is 3.5mb on a 12mp camera and I refuse to go threw and resize and compress them to fit here.

Archived