UN-rootable Android phone

Sylence

6 hours ago, Togijak said:

No this is wrong, custom recovery is only one (and easy) way to flash a zip. At the time where I rooted my HTC Sensation there was no custom recovery and no custom rom for it but after root I was able to install xprivacy. If there is no custom recovery the way is like

Step 1. Install ADB Files & USB drivers of your device.

Step 2. Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, shut down your device and turn it back on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.

Step 3. Choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. Maybe something like a screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.

Step 4. Connect your device to PC using a USB cable. Now open adb.exe from ADB folder & enter below command
or Windows: “adb sideload <filename>
For Mac/Linux: “./adb sideload <filename>

If you don't trust my words read guides like The complete Android flashing guide: how to flash custom ROMs, OTA zips and factory images

-------------

Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot

1. Click here to download minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.3.1_setup.exe from the XDA forums. Note: the version number could be different if a newer version is released after this post has been published.
  2. Launch the minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.3.1_setup.exe file.

I did exactly what you said, on phone selected Install from ADB (because there was no option named "Install from USB"). 

Downloaded and Installed "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" and run it as Admin. Installed ADB drivers from here: http://adbdriver.com/downloads/

here is all details, so what do you think that went wrong?

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb sideload C:\Users\SH\Desktop\UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip
loading: 'C:\Users\SH\Desktop\UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip'* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

error: no devices/emulators found

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>

Edited by saeed_dc

• Replies 63
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sylence

• Togijak

• NaJeEb303

• SandStone

Did you enable USB Debugging in the Handy? (It is hard to find the mistake if you don't know the Handy and don't see everything what is going on)

-d                            - directs command to the only connected USB device
                                 returns an error if more than one USB device is present.
 -e                            - directs command to the only running emulator.
                                 returns an error if more than one emulator is running.
 -s <serial number>            - directs command to the USB device or emulator with
                                 the given serial number. Overrides ANDROID_SERIAL
                                 environment variable.
 -p <product name or path>     - simple product name like 'sooner', or
                                 a relative/absolute path to a product
                                 out directory like 'out/target/product/sooner'.
                                 If -p is not specified, the ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT
                                 environment variable is used, which must
                                 be an absolute path.
 devices                       - list all connected devices
 connect <host>[:<port>]       - connect to a device via TCP/IP
                                 Port 5555 is used by default if no port number is specified.
 disconnect [<host>[:<port>]]  - disconnect from a TCP/IP device.
                                 Using this ocmmand with no additional arguments
                                 will disconnect from all connected TCP/IP devices.

device commands:
  adb push <local> <remote>    - copy file/dir to device
  adb pull <remote> [<local>]  - copy file/dir from device
  adb sync [ <directory> ]     - copy host->device only if changed
                                 (-l means list but don't copy)
                                 (see 'adb help all')
  adb shell                    - run remote shell interactively
  adb shell <command>          - run remote shell command
  adb emu <command>            - run emulator console command
  adb logcat [ <filter-spec> ] - View device log
  adb forward <local> <remote> - forward socket connections
                                 forward specs are one of: 
                                   tcp:<port>
                                   localabstract:<unix domain socket name>
                                   localreserved:<unix domain socket name>
                                   localfilesystem:<unix domain socket name>
                                   dev:<character device name>
                                   jdwp:<process pid> (remote only)
  adb jdwp                     - list PIDs of processes hosting a JDWP transport
  adb install [-l] [-r] [-s] <file> - push this package file to the device and install it
                                 ('-l' means forward-lock the app)
                                 ('-r' means reinstall the app, keeping its data)
                                 ('-s' means install on SD card instead of internal storage)
  adb uninstall [-k] <package> - remove this app package from the device
                                 ('-k' means keep the data and cache directories)
  adb bugreport                - return all information from the device
                                 that should be included in a bug report.

adb help                     - show this help message
  adb version                  - show version num

DATAOPTS:
 (no option)                   - don't touch the data partition
  -w                           - wipe the data partition
  -d                           - flash the data partition

scripting:
  adb wait-for-device          - block until device is online
  adb start-server             - ensure that there is a server running
  adb kill-server              - kill the server if it is running
  adb get-state                - prints: offline | bootloader | device
  adb get-serialno             - prints: <serial-number>
  adb status-window            - continuously print device status for a specified device
  adb remount                  - remounts the /system partition on the device read-write
  adb reboot [bootloader|recovery] - reboots the device, optionally into the bootloader or recovery program
  adb reboot-bootloader        - reboots the device into the bootloader
  adb root                     - restarts the adbd daemon with root permissions
  adb usb                      - restarts the adbd daemon listening on USB
  adb tcpip <port>             - restarts the adbd daemon listening on TCP on the specified port
networking:
  adb ppp <tty> [parameters]   - Run PPP over USB.
 Note: you should not automatically start a PPP connection.
 <tty> refers to the tty for PPP stream. Eg. dev:/dev/omap_csmi_tty1
 [parameters] - Eg. defaultroute debug dump local notty usepeerdns

adb sync notes: adb sync [ <directory> ]
  <localdir> can be interpreted in several ways:

- If <directory> is not specified, both /system and /data partitions will be updated.

- If it is "system" or "data", only the corresponding partition
    is updated.

environmental variables:
  ADB_TRACE                    - Print debug information. A comma separated list of the following values
                                 1 or all, adb, sockets, packets, rwx, usb, sync, sysdeps, transport, jdwp
  ANDROID_SERIAL               - The serial number to connect to. -s takes priority over this if given.
  ANDROID_LOG_TAGS             - When used with the logcat option, only these debug tags are printed.

for more help https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/shell.html#pm

3 hours ago, Togijak said:

Did you enable USB Debugging in the Handy? (It is hard to find the mistake if you don't know the Handy and don't see everything what is going on)

-d                            - directs command to the only connected USB device
                                 returns an error if more than one USB device is present.
 -e                            - directs command to the only running emulator.
                                 returns an error if more than one emulator is running.
 -s <serial number>            - directs command to the USB device or emulator with
                                 the given serial number. Overrides ANDROID_SERIAL
                                 environment variable.
 -p <product name or path>     - simple product name like 'sooner', or
                                 a relative/absolute path to a product
                                 out directory like 'out/target/product/sooner'.
                                 If -p is not specified, the ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT
                                 environment variable is used, which must
                                 be an absolute path.
 devices                       - list all connected devices
 connect <host>[:<port>]       - connect to a device via TCP/IP
 disconnect [<host>[:<port>]]  - disconnect from a TCP/IP device.
                                 Using this ocmmand with no additional arguments
                                 will disconnect from all connected TCP/IP devices.

device commands:
  adb push <local> <remote>    - copy file/dir to device
  adb pull <remote> [<local>]  - copy file/dir from device
  adb sync [ <directory> ]     - copy host->device only if changed
                                 (-l means list but don't copy)
                                 (see 'adb help all')
  adb shell                    - run remote shell interactively
  adb shell <command>          - run remote shell command
  adb emu <command>            - run emulator console command
  adb logcat [ <filter-spec> ] - View device log
  adb forward <local> <remote> - forward socket connections
                                 forward specs are one of: 
                                   tcp:<port>
                                   localabstract:<unix domain socket name>
                                   localreserved:<unix domain socket name>
                                   localfilesystem:<unix domain socket name>
                                   dev:<character device name>
                                   jdwp:<process pid> (remote only)
  adb jdwp                     - list PIDs of processes hosting a JDWP transport
  adb install [-l] [-r] [-s] <file> - push this package file to the device and install it
                                 ('-l' means forward-lock the app)
                                 ('-r' means reinstall the app, keeping its data)
                                 ('-s' means install on SD card instead of internal storage)
  adb uninstall [-k] <package> - remove this app package from the device
                                 ('-k' means keep the data and cache directories)
  adb bugreport                - return all information from the device
                                 that should be included in a bug report.

adb help                     - show this help message
  adb version                  - show version num

DATAOPTS:
 (no option)                   - don't touch the data partition
  -w                           - wipe the data partition
  -d                           - flash the data partition

scripting:
  adb wait-for-device          - block until device is online
  adb start-server             - ensure that there is a server running
  adb kill-server              - kill the server if it is running
  adb get-state                - prints: offline | bootloader | device
  adb get-serialno             - prints: <serial-number>
  adb status-window            - continuously print device status for a specified device
  adb remount                  - remounts the /system partition on the device read-write
  adb reboot [bootloader|recovery] - reboots the device, optionally into the bootloader or recovery program
  adb reboot-bootloader        - reboots the device into the bootloader
  adb root                     - restarts the adbd daemon with root permissions
  adb usb                      - restarts the adbd daemon listening on USB
  adb tcpip <port>             - restarts the adbd daemon listening on TCP on the specified port
networking:
  adb ppp <tty> [parameters]   - Run PPP over USB.
 Note: you should not automatically start a PPP connection.
 <tty> refers to the tty for PPP stream. Eg. dev:/dev/omap_csmi_tty1
 [parameters] - Eg. defaultroute debug dump local notty usepeerdns

adb sync notes: adb sync [ <directory> ]
  <localdir> can be interpreted in several ways:

- If <directory> is not specified, both /system and /data partitions will be updated.

- If it is "system" or "data", only the corresponding partition
    is updated.

environmental variables:
  ADB_TRACE                    - Print debug information. A comma separated list of the following values
                                 1 or all, adb, sockets, packets, rwx, usb, sync, sysdeps, transport, jdwp
  ANDROID_SERIAL               - The serial number to connect to. -s takes priority over this if given.
  ANDROID_LOG_TAGS             - When used with the logcat option, only these debug tags are printed.

for more help https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/shell.html#pm

Yes USB debugging was turned on, look I exactly did what you said. I don't know what details you may need to be able to help me so please tell them and I'll let you know. If you want we can do a teamviewer session too.

Update: the main problem here is ADB drivers. the Windows fails to recognize my phone in recovery mode as ADB device. I'm finding solutions for it

Update 2: on the same terminal when I type "adb devices" to list the connected ADB devices, it shows nothing. so the problem is Windows not detecting it.

I installed HiSuite from Huawei's website to Install all drivers and etc, (because on here they said it included ADB drivers), phone is detected successfully and also when connected normally to the computer, I see it's listed as ADB device in device manager, but when connected in recovery mode, it's listed like this:

Capture.PNG

I also Installed PdaNetA4190 drivers, it successfully installed the drivers when phone was connected in normal mode to the computer. but it also didn't help. 

while in recovery mode, on device manager i select update drivers automatically and it searches, finds and tries to install it but then this error:

Capture1.PNG

the procedure of rooting works i think, but the problem is another thing: phone not detected in recovery mode. and you said i should make sure USB debugging is on but in recovery mode, does it really matter? I mean I'm sure it's turned on but the computer fails to detect the device.

On Linux it seems we don't need drivers, we can use direct hardware access or something like that, maybe we can use that instead? any experience?

Edited by saeed_dc

@saeed_dc

I never try to root a phon under Linux but maybe this https://www.droidwiki.de/wiki/Fastboot_(Tool) ore this http://lifehacker.com/5789397/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-rooting-any-android-phone is a help.

If I use google I find tutorials like this How to root Huawei Y6 Pro ore this How to root Huawei Y6 Pro and I am sure that there is a way to get root - there must be a mistake like wrong USB driver etc.

Spoiler

Download HUAWEI USB drivers – All Models

HUAWEI USB Drivers Allow you to Connect your HUAWEI phone to your Computer or your Laptop with out any error or any problem.. and It help to transfers DATA between phone to Computer. In this page, we gave you HUAWEI USB Drivers and instructions to install it your computer.. HUAWEI all Models are available here Find your device and Download it and Install.

Why install HUAWEI USB drivers

You can install HUAWEI USB drivers. When you connected your HUAWEI phone to your computer, If computer didn’t detect your HUAWEI phone. This will be problem when you perform Root, Flashing new Stock Rom Custom Rom by using computer. So, we recommend you to install HUAWEI USB drivers before performing any thing through the computer or laptop

How to Download HUAWEI USB Drivers

You are able to download HUAWEI USB Drivers From Official HUAWEI site. You can see there are Download file, after going above LINK download it..

Actually, It is a free application for your computer or your laptop,

How to Install HUAWEI USB Drivers

Download your HUAWEI USB drivers 

Install it to your computer

Now you have installed USB Drivers to your Computer.

More details about USB Drivers

If Not works, then

Install MTK USB Drivers tools

MTK stands for MediaTek and MediaTek is a chip manufacturing company in Taiwan. MediaTek Allow you to Connect your phone to your computer without any error. If your phone is not original one then MTK may help you to install Drivers. Download MTk and Install It.

Install Spreadtrum USB Drivers

This is also like MTK, But Im not sure whether your device is SPD or not. Above methods do not work then install this too. Download SPD and Install It.

If this guide line was help, then please share this guide line to Facebook and twitter. Help others to find out this guide line on Facebook. If you have an any doubt or any problem, don’t hesitate feel free to reply. After then we are able to help you as well as be sure to bookmark our site on your browser.

another idea is to try to install TWRP via ADB

Edited by Togijak

1 hour ago, Togijak said:

@saeed_dc

I never try to root a phon under Linux but maybe this https://www.droidwiki.de/wiki/Fastboot_(Tool) ore this http://lifehacker.com/5789397/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-rooting-any-android-phone is a help.

If I use google I find tutorials like this How to root Huawei Y6 Pro ore this How to root Huawei Y6 Pro and I am sure that there is a way to get root - there must be a mistake like wrong USB driver etc.

Reveal hidden contents

another idea is to try to install TWRP via ADB

having installed all types of drivers I found for the adb, the phone is not even detected in device manager when i connect it in recovery mode to computer.

it's all screwed up now.

the tutorial for TWRP is a general tutorial for only few phones, not every phone and doesn't support this one. 

can I just put the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip file in SD card and then select "update from SD card" in boot menu of my phone?

Not sure it would be of any help . , i'm just sharing some latest files mentioned above . .

Minimal ADB and Fastboot v1.4:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24521665358595410

Another similar tool:

15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=68416087#post68416087

i recommend this one, as it has the latest ADB and Fastboot files (Updated by me :D ) , and it also has Google USB Driver . .

After install, go to C:\adb , hold Shift + Right Click in the folder, click Open command window here - and u r good to run adb commands . .

SuperSU 2.78 Recovery Flashable ZIP:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/supersu/download/zip/SuperSU-v2.78-201609011115.zip

As for the drivers, here's an All-In-One MTK Driver package, and its also the latest as of now, its good to reboot PC after drivers installation.

MTK USB All v1.0.4:

https://yadi.sk/d/gZ3gufglqxKX5

BTW, speaking generally, the best OS to deal with many phones/drivers is Windows 7, it is recommended for flashaholics (like me) . . , 8 and 10 mostly face driver issues (especially with smartphones) . .

:)

NJ

Edited by NaJeEb303

8 hours ago, saeed_dc said:

can I just put the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip file in SD card and then select "update from SD card" in boot menu of my phone?

yes

Flashing in the SuperSU.zip in recovery mode

1. Download the .zip package, and save it in SD card
  2. Reboot the phone to recovery mode
  3. Find the zip file in recovery menu and click the power button
  4. After successful installation, reboot phone and you are all set

two more notes

- make a full backup of your phone that you have a way back if there went something wrong

- I read a posting about routing Y6 pro where the author wrote a list of different KingRoot version and he told the reader, that only one version was able to roote his phon

10 hours ago, Togijak said:

yes

two more notes

- make a full backup of your phone that you have a way back if there went something wrong

- I read a posting about routing Y6 pro where the author wrote a list of different KingRoot version and he told the reader, that only one version was able to roote his phon

using SD card install I got this error:

Package size is 4M
Permit is safe!
Opening update package...
Signature verification failed
Installation aborted

which version was it? the same one you found in the XDA forum and a user attached it to his post? if that's it then it doesn't work, I tried.

Edited by saeed_dc

14 hours ago, Togijak said:

I think your'e talking about this , which i've already posted here , . , unfortunately that also didn't work for him . .

4 hours ago, saeed_dc said:

using SD card install I got this error:

Package size is 4M
Permit is safe!
Opening update package...
Signature verification failed
Installation aborted

which version was it? the same one you found in the XDA forum and a user attached it to his post? if that's it then it doesn't work, I tried.

Whats about posting this error message here or writing Chainfire a PN in XDA Forum if you don't get help

Whats about posting this error message here or writing Chainfire a PN in XDA Forum if you don't get help

Dude its not chainfire's and/or SuperSU issue . , the thing is that he is trying to flash SuperSU zip from stock recovery , and stock recovery only flash OEM signed zips . , as this is not OEM signed thats why it gives signature verification issue . . the zip will successfully flash with a custom recovery (CWM/TWRP/Philz Touch and so on) and he will successfully get root as signature verification issue does not come in custom recovery . , but again . , this device has no custom recovery at all . .

Edited by NaJeEb303

@NaJeEb303

You are right but maybe Chainfire is able to fake the OEM signature for him - just an idea and if he don't ask he will not get an answer (looks like root is important for him)

Just now, Togijak said:

@NaJeEb303

You are right but maybe Chainfire is able to fake the OEM signature for him - just an idea and if he don't ask he will not get an answer (looks like root is important for him)

I don't think Chainfire would do any favor in this regard. , Chainfire don't answer to PMs as far as i know . , he replies only to comments in his support threads . . and also Chainfire would need the device in hand to do any development for it . .

Instead, It would be better if @saeed_dc contact TWRP Team . .

This guy is the founder/current maintainer of TWRP . .

This is the homepage of TWRP . .

This is the official contact page for TWRP (U r more likely to be ignored BTW :D )

This is the XDA thread/Guide to compile TWRP for your device ( of course its not the usual yada yada , its a dev guide and i'm pretty sure that saeed is not a dev otherwise he would not have been in this much trouble :P )

This is also an interesting post about TWRP porting . , it describes all the three ways how TWRP port for a device is built . , and i think the third one (and the most rare one) is the only chance for him . .

@saeed_dc Good Luck bro :)

Regardz,

NJ :)

@Togijak

you said I should use ADB when my phone is in recovery mode (i.e Android is not booted on phone), so how to turn the WIFI on in that state?

using the first answer here I got this:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb devices
List of devices attached
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
AVY9KA9631111198        device

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb tcpip 5555
restarting in TCP mode port: 5555

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb shell netcfg
ip6tnl0  DOWN                                   0.0.0.0/0   
ccmni2   DOWN                                   0.0.0.0/0   
ccmni0   DOWN                                   0.0.0.0/0   
ccmni1   DOWN                                   0.0.0.0/0   
lo       UP                                   127.0.0.1/8   
sit0     DOWN                                   0.0.0.0/0   
p2p0     UP                                     0.0.0.0/0    
ifb0     DOWN                                   0.0.0.0/0    
ifb1     DOWN                                   0.0.0.0/0    
wlan0    UP                                 192.168.1.4/24  
tunl0    DOWN                                   0.0.0.0/0   

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb connect 192.168.1.4:5555
connected to 192.168.1.4:5555

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb devices
List of devices attached
192.168.1.4:5555        device

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb sideload 1.zip
loading: '1.zip'
error: closed

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>

1.zip file is the name of the file I put in (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot) the Superuser zip file.

as you can see even with WIFI I get "error: closed". In my developers settings on phone there is no option for enabling ADB over WIFI but that's fine because others don't have this option either but this works, and I'm connected over WIFI to ADB terminal on computer (disconnected USB cable). so what can be the possible reason for "error: closed" ?

@NaJeEb303 using your 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3 I still get the same error.

Edited by saeed_dc

@saeed_dc

I think the only way for you is to follow the shown way of NaJeEb303 to contact TWRP Team

I am sorry

they say they only reply to 1% of the emails they get 

in XDA forums someone said why not unlock bootloader, get the official rom and root it and then flash the phone with the pre rooted image. I thought i'd give it a shot since I found the official rom but I don't know how to modify it on PC to give root access. can you possibly point me to right direction ?

@saeed_dc

The closed error mostly comes because of outdated adb files . , u said u used my updated 15 seconds ADB and Fastboot (which is the latest i'm pretty sure) . . btw always make sure to use latest adb files to be on the safe side . .

Also try this .

But again, i don't think the zip will flash over adb in stock recovery unless its an OTA zip . . -_-

Edited by NaJeEb303

1 hour ago, NaJeEb303 said:

@saeed_dc

The closed error mostly comes because of outdated adb files . , u said u used my updated 15 seconds ADB and Fastboot (which is the latest i'm pretty sure) . . btw always make sure to use latest adb files to be on the safe side . .

Also try this .

But again, i don't think the zip will flash over adb in stock recovery unless its an OTA zip . . -_-

yeah it's because it's not signed, that's the reason. you know, if I modify the stock ROM image and pre root it and flash the phone with it then i can get root access. 

so since it's the official ROM it won't prevent me from installing it but do you know how to enable root access in it?

25 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

yeah it's because it's not signed, that's the reason. you know, if I modify the stock ROM image and pre root it and flash the phone with it then i can get root access. 

so since it's the official ROM it won't prevent me from installing it but do you know how to enable root access in it?

Sorry i simply cant help in this regard . , but i doubt if you flash a full stock firmware, won't it relock the bootloader ? :unsure:

1 hour ago, NaJeEb303 said:

Sorry i simply cant help in this regard . , but i doubt if you flash a full stock firmware, won't it relock the bootloader ? :unsure:

I unlocked bootloader simply by going to developers option in settings :) 

2 hours ago, saeed_dc said:

I unlocked bootloader simply by going to developers option in settings :) 

Can u explain it a lil bit ? :unsure: