Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Downloader Official Thread

Jan Krohn

• 1 month later...

Version 8.22 (11 November 2019): Updated to .NET Framework 4.8; added Windows 10 October 2019 Update; added Insider and developer versions up to build 19504; added more DELL models and images; added Windows Admin Center Preview 1909; new icon for ISO Tools, re-positioned icon for downloads database; other minor bugfixes.

ederfernandez
1 hour ago, Jan Krohn said:

Version 8.22 (11 November 2019): Updated to .NET Framework 4.8; added Windows 10 October 2019 Update; added Insider and developer versions up to build 19504; added more DELL models and images; added Windows Admin Center Preview 1909; new icon for ISO Tools, re-positioned icon for downloads database; other minor bugfixes.

Can't download Windows 10 1909. Error: 400 Bad Request

Windows 7 is also impossible to obtain a download link.

1 hour ago, ederfernandez said:

Can't download Windows 10 1909. Error: 400 Bad Request

It's likely in the process of being uploaded by MS. Yesterday it had a 404 error. Can only be a matter of a few hours now.

1 hour ago, ederfernandez said:

Windows 7 is also impossible to obtain a download link.

Next Windows 7 download days are December 1 through 6.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jan Krohn said:

It's likely in the process of being uploaded by MS. Yesterday it had a 404 error. Can only be a matter of a few hours now.

grrrrrrrr!  NO!  😡😡😡

wait until Tue. 11/12 after 10am pacific local time (usa) or around 12pm noon pacific time, Jan (it's still Monday 11/11 here in the USA)

MS may post the 1909 ISO downloads by then

AND 1909 is the November 2019 Update, not the October 2019 update

Edited by erp-ster0

Version 8.23 (12 November 2019): Added Office 2019 for Mac up to build 16.30; renamed Windows 10 October 2019 Update to November Update.

12 hours ago, erp-ster0 said:

AND 1909 is the November 2019 Update, not the October 2019 update

Thanks! It's renamed in today's release.

• Thanks 1

Hi @Jan Krohn, thanks for this stunning tool.

One of my pcs is a Dell OptiPlex 3010 system and I notice that if I'm try to download with this tool the OEM Dell image i get as a search result two different ISOs for the same computer model. This happens when I repeate the search using the same parameters.

For the Dell Optiplex 3010 with Win 7 SP1 Pro x64 sometime i get this ISO:

Name: G13K9_PW4KGA00_W7SP1PRO64_ROW(DL)

SHA256: 2bfa2ebbee84804c8e643bf829644e6c5ef373e63bdeae3a6ac927d371f4c0d0

and some other times I get this other one:

Name: 987TR_5JJH2A00_W7SP1PRO64_EM(DL).iso

SHA256: 960bd01cdd01b07ec33940e4daba3ae4e9d2b24c801ef0783a3f812ee7686712

Why it happens ? Which is the correct image for the Dell Optiplex 3010 ? Is it possible to fix this issue ?

Thanks a lot

Okay, I found out the "why". The tool picks from a pool of service tags to generate the downloads. Now there are two types of service tags for the Optiplex 3010. One type generates the first download, the other one the second download. If I compare the meta data of these two machines, it is identical (apart from the service tag). Same model number, same product image same PHID, same BIOS ID, same OS code.

But obviously, the two ISO files differ by build date and by file size.

I must say, I'm puzzled.

ROW usually means "Rest of World". EM is more difficult to interpret. Maybe "Europe/Middle East"? idk.

I have two ideas how to find out which one is correct.

1. Download both and search them for files that help identify the difference (configuration files, EULA etc.)

2. Ask in the WinCert forum and tag Philip Yip. He is the most knowlegable person about anything Dell related I know of.

• Thanks 1

Great ! I've download both ISOs and I have discover that the 987TR_5JJH2A00_W7SP1PRO64_EM(DL) iso contains only few languages unlike the other one. So, in my case, the correct ISO is G13K9_PW4KGA00_W7SP1PRO64_ROW(DL)

I've tried both in VM. Only for information I've attached some screenshots related to 987TR_5JJH2A00_W7SP1PRO64_EM(DL) iso.

https://postimg.cc/YjSzBwwK

https://postimg.cc/V5BvgJhz

Thanks for the support @Jan Krohn

29 minutes ago, rushdie said:

This tool is giving me no options for downloading WIndows 8.1 or Windows 10. The left pane remains blank all the time.

The F.A.Q. includes a list of possible root causes for this issue.

• 1 month later...

whats the most uptodate or is there a final windows 7 ultimate iso?

The latest MS official iso image is the SP1 refresh. The August 2018 iso file is some sort of release candidate (but contains all the update sanyway).

Dell regularly updates their Win 7 images, however, I don't think they provide the Ultimate edition for download (at least I've never come across any service tag that would unlock that download).

haris_sane69
2 hours ago, Jan Krohn said:

I don't think they provide the Ultimate edition for download

Agreed, but there is a workaround for this by modifying $OEM$ folder and EI.cfg file in Dell Windows 7 ISO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Version 8.30 (4 February 2020): Revamped start screen and side menu; rotating HeiDoc YouTube videos on start screen; added Office 2019 for Mac builds 16.32 and 16.33; added new Insider and developer versions; added more Dell models and images; updated Chinese localization; updated Bootstrap to version 4.4.1; randomized user agents to access Microsoft's API.

8 hours ago, Jan Krohn said:

Version 8.30 (4 February 2020): Revamped start screen and side menu; rotating HeiDoc YouTube videos on start screen; added Office 2019 for Mac builds 16.32 and 16.33; added new Insider and developer versions; added more Dell models and images; updated Chinese localization; updated Bootstrap to version 4.4.1; randomized user agents to access Microsoft's API.

Thanks Front paged ...

Version 8.31 (11 February 2020): New downloads for Office 2016 for Mac; added new Insider and developer versions up to build 19559; added more Dell models and images; cleaned up list of Dell models; added Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (Dell); updated Italian localization; bugfixes.

• Like 3

Oh Boy, as of v30 you're forced to watch videos before getting to the main menu. Glad there are other less intrusive  methods around if you happen to need an iso.  No longer in my best of. 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Version 8.32 (26 February 2020): Added new Insider and developer versions up to build 19569; added more Dell models and images; added Windows 10 Home S (Dell).

• Like 3

• Matrix unpinned this topic