elohelomg

So, trying something new here...which isn't really new.

Im running sandboxie as usual, sandboxing everything i can get my hands on.

Defensewall is there, with the network as untrusted, as well as cd's n dvd's.

Malware Defender is left on TRAINING mode, BUT, with the option to deny if a deny rule is found.

Running prevx as scanner/monitor, with a command line scanner as a bck up scanner.

I feel rock solid with it. Malware Defender ability to be easily configured doesn't cease to amuse me. I've been medaling around with it for some time, and yea, the ability to create super awesome rules, while still being extremely light weight is a plus.

• Replies 959
  • Views 331.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defensewall is so easy to work... i'm lookin for the new features in the 3x version... with the firewall that will come in V3 Defensewall can be used how the main app of a setup easy.... and solo if wish.... with Prevx make a decent setup and much light.

Defensewall is so easy to work... i'm lookin for the new features in the 3x version... with the firewall that will come in V3 Defensewall can be used how the main app of a setup easy.... and solo if wish.... with Prevx make a decent setup and much light.

Yes, i've pretty much ditched all other scanners after prevx. I just have one command line scanner in here, that i run when im incredibly bored.

Again, i use a mac :P

As mac's become more common and more popular, viruses will be written for them. Just give it time...it'll happen. In any case, you guys should try PUPPY LINUX. Its extremely light, and works like magic on newer computers. I heard slackware is pretty light too, but, yea.

On my laptop with XP I have manually hardened the system with disabling services and so on.

Furthermore I browse with chromium with dropped rights and I also have SRP enabled.

Occasionally I scan downloads with Hitman Pro and if I am really unsure about the file I enable Shadow Defender.

And BTW, actually there are quite some Mac viruses around. Not millions like for windows, but you should watch out where you download your Mac software.

i just change my setup to the best protection there is, its also free and everyone is welcome to try it

1. set LUA account+Srp

2.install comodo cis only firewall(totally free)

3.install sandboxie (free for 1 sandbox)

3. using Surun to control my LUA (totally free)

no need for any real time anti virus , u can use time 2 time free on demand scanner like avira or a-squared Anti-Malware or what ever u find out there for free.

nothing can bit this method easily (if any), u are all welcome to try it and dump all this malware defender and same like hips (or any behavior blocker)

cheers <_<

It's very light. On my Windows 7 x64 setup I have no protection other than the included Windows firewall + common sense. The occasional scan using Trojan Remover and SuperANTISpyware do take place though.

It's very light. On my Windows 7 x64 setup I have no protection other than the included Windows firewall + common sense. The occasional scan using Trojan Remover and SuperANTISpyware do take place though.

What's your IP, I want to take a peak. :lol:

For me, I use neither. :wub:

Router

Zonealarm Security Suite

Modded Windows that rejects most viruses

And a brain. I don't download those IMVU/AIM/MSN Live bullshit like most people. I don't download free MMORGs, to be honest they have rootkits. Like the other guy up there, I disabled a few services with vulnerabilities (like the print spooler, definitely exploitable).

i just change my setup to the best protection there is, its also free and everyone is welcome to try it

1. set LUA account+Srp

2.install comodo cis only firewall(totally free)

3.install sandboxie (free for 1 sandbox)

3. using Surun to control my LUA (totally free)

no need for any real time anti virus , u can use time 2 time free on demand scanner like avira or a-squared Anti-Malware or what ever u find out there for free.

nothing can bit this method easily (if any), u are all welcome to try it and dump all this malware defender and same like hips (or any behavior blocker)

cheers <_<

Cant. Paranoid.

But do have sandboxie...haha

NOD32 non-resident (installed only when a monthly manual deep-scan is to be done.)

Online Armor (paid version)

RoboForm Pro

AdBlock Plus (with Element Hiding Helper)

NoScript

CookieSafe

Linksys/Cisco Router firewall

AVG antivirus (not free,not paid for :P but pro)

Malware Antimalware

Windows Defender (windows 7 built in)

Firefox with adblock plus

Sandboxie

No firewall software!

No viruses except stupid false positives

Router

Zonealarm Security Suite

Modded Windows that rejects most viruses

And a brain. I don't download those IMVU/AIM/MSN Live bullshit like most people. I don't download free MMORGs, to be honest they have rootkits. Like the other guy up there, I disabled a few services with vulnerabilities (like the print spooler, definitely exploitable).

What's your Modded Windows that rejects most viruses version?

And a brain.

Which version is it and could you please post a link to the homepage preferably with a c*a*k for the sake of the FrontPage. :P

I got over my paranoia (for now), changed my user to limited, and running sandbox an prevx. Ligh simple, and totally working.

Archived