elohelomg

lockPref("accessibility.force_disabled",1);
lockPref("browser.preferences.defaultPerformanceSettings.enabled",false);
lockPref("layers.acceleration.disabled",true);
lockPref("dom.ipc.processCount",2);
## For the record, the section called "Performance" is at the bottom (on the page "about:preferences#general").
// lockPref("dom.ipc.processCount.web",2);
## Which one ? As today, I guess this one doesn't anymore. Unless you're using another browser such as WaterFox (etc).
## Otherwise this settings has been rename :
lockPref("dom.ipc.processCount.webLargeAllocation",2);

Otherwise you can proceed manually because Mozilla has publish one article on this matter.

• Replies 959
  • Views 333.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, knowledge said:

is a way to make it so when open firefox it not open with 7 exes ?

Sir, do you mean a user can open Firefox without 7 exes or so with the help of LockPref ?

16 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Windows 10 Firewall Control (W10FC) may not be the best firewall but it's truly fabulous — the ideal firewall companion to those who depend on AdGuard (or any such network-level apps & programs.) F3h9xqz.gif

Sir, I still use DNS crypt and AdGuard and SeriousBit.NetBalancer 

would you recommend to switch to W10FC from WFC ?

4 hours ago, Jime234 said:

would you recommend to switch to W10FC from WFC ?

In addition to blocking IPs, Windows 10 Firewall Control (W10FC) has the capability of blocking domains — this is an extremely useful feature (for me) to prevent my apps. & programs from calling home. F3h9xqz.gif

There are some other advantages that Windows 10 Firewall Control (W10FC) brings over Windows Firewall Control (WFC) — shall be writing a review of Windows 10 Firewall Control (W10FC) at this reserved post (whenever time permits.) ;)

You may want to take Windows 10 Firewall Control (W10FC) for a test-drive to find-out whether it suits you — gotta admit . . . . it's far more complicated than Windows Firewall Control (WFC.)

Nothing on extra Av  for what ? Using Win defender on Board  and 2-3 Time in the year Malwarebyte Free ..

and using Win 10 Enterprise 64bit System and many years Nothing was happen ....

by the way i am Using the Brain too before i Klick on .exe START.... and if the feeling nood good Using the VMWare

• 2 months later...

It's good to see W10FC being mentioned here. I've used that for several years and eventually bought the network edition to put it on all my PCs. Even the free version is good though, for basic use.

I spent a few weeks testing out all the available personal firewalls on Windows 7, before buying W10FC. I think it was still called Vista Firewall Control at the time. A surprising number of them failed quite easily (i.e. they leaked or actually crashed and shut down if hit hard) and others were just too bulky or resource hungry. W10FC performed flawlessly and did most of what I wanted. In it's latest edition it now does everything I need from a personal firewall. Sphinx's support is top notch too.

I've no connection with Sphinx other than as a very satisfied customer. I just wanted to plug a great firewall since I don't see it mentioned as much as it deserves.

Other than the above, since this is a 'what-you-got' thread...

• Common Sense and Brains (as noted by many other posters before me)
  • Mikrotik router for extensive edge firewalling, VPN, IPv6 tunnel termination and VLANs (used to use an openBSD VM on a server, but the Mikrotik does it all a lot cheaper, quieter and cooler)
  • TorGuard VPN plus another for occasional chaining
  • Firefox with all the usual privacy plugins, containers, etc. as already mentioned by others, and only a RAM cache
  • Windows' and others' Temp folders are only in RAM
  • Tor and occasionally Tails if I'm feeling particularly cautious
  • VMWare Workstation - anything risky is done in a VM
  • VeraCrypt
  • KeyPass
  • VirusTotal
  • Only MSE as installed AV, and that's often turned off. I scan the whole system once a month with a couple of online scanners.
  • System and data backups kept offline when not actually doing the backup.
  • Wireshark monitoring when needed (have a permanent mirror port and isolated PC with a quiet interface set up for this)
  • ...and finally, the realisation that all of the above is useless if I get careless or attract serious attention.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't run real-time protection because it slows down my system. I use VirusTotal (https://www.virustotal.com) for suspicious files and have Malwarebytes Free installed for periodic local scans. I also follow safe computing practices.

12 hours ago, moopster said:

I don't run real-time protection because it slows down my system. I use VirusTotal (https://www.virustotal.com) for suspicious files and have Malwarebytes Free installed for periodic local scans. I also follow safe computing practices.

Wow you must have ice in the stomach. Maybe you have some good surfing habbits. 

I use NOD32 AV and NVTs OS armor. Should be pretty safe.

Chrome is pretty smart about blocking shady websites, which I don't generally visit anyhow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

mmmmmmmmh most of you guy's use AV, malware protectors and so on. 

I am behind a 'Watchguard Firebox T15 Total Security' (Hardwarefirewall) and my OS is protected by DeepFreeze Standard v8.56.020.5542 from Faronics.

So I do NOT need any AV or other stupid protection software on my System. After each reboot, my System is the same as before. No Viruses, malware or any other junk can ever touch the System.

The Setup I use is the same as we use in the group corporation I am working for. It is tested to be secure since years. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 5:46 PM, dcs18 said:

In addition to blocking IPs, Windows 10 Firewall Control (W10FC) has the capability of blocking domains — this is an extremely useful feature (for me) to prevent my apps. & programs from calling home. F3h9xqz.gif

There are some other advantages that Windows 10 Firewall Control (W10FC) brings over Windows Firewall Control (WFC) — shall be writing a review of Windows 10 Firewall Control (W10FC) at this reserved post (whenever time permits.) ;)

You may want to take Windows 10 Firewall Control (W10FC) for a test-drive to find-out whether it suits you — gotta admit . . . . it's far more complicated than Windows Firewall Control (WFC.)

seems wfc is free for now since malwarebytes bought them out.

i was okay with the default firewall, but wfc had more options for configurations. and it's free... so why not.

• 1 month later...
arsenaloyal
On 2/10/2019 at 3:46 PM, eufrasiox said:

Kaspersky IS
Shadow Defender
(to test software)
Adguard.
nothing more.
and my brain
I think thats enough.

My Windows 10 Setup has KIS and Adguard. I guess one can only use KIS with Banner blocker as well, but Adguard is more robust. KIS is slowing becoming a comprehensive no non-sense solution.

Im using eset internet security with hitman pro as a backup, is that reliable or do you have any other better recomendations? 

Am on a razer blade stealth so would prefer lightweight av software that doesnt completely drain my battery :)

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 9:33 PM, doctoru30 said:

- KTS 2019

- AdGuard

- CyberGhost VPN 7

Now I use KTS and ExpressVPN (higher speed)

• 5 months later...
59 minutes ago, k2a said:

I'm looking for free or cracked alternative to WFC .

can  you please help?

Thanks you

Sorry, but why and what exactly, and if it's not secret, then what You do with it?

48 minutes ago, bayer said:

wfc is free 👌

1. Malwarebytes bought the WFC

2. Using MBAM 4 and  WFC together make problems.

On 11/5/2019 at 6:30 PM, beerbt1 said:

https://www.ghacks.net/2019/11/05/malwarebytes-4-0-for-windows-launches/       " The new version has several issues. Users who run Windows Firewall Control (which Malwarebytes acquired some time ago) will notice that Malwarebytes Self-Protection module will prevent the firewall tool from opening. Other issues include that Controlled Folder Access blocks certain advanced installer options on Windows machines and GUI issues with high DPI and certain screen resolutions. "

37 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Sorry, but why and what exactly, and if it's not secret, then what You do with it?

I'm looking for another firewall, I would like bloking the telemetry of windows and other programs , and also blocking Internet access of some programs and games.

Archived