(Solved) What video card to choose?

solitario

Hi.
I wanted to know what video card do you recommend. I currently have Intel HD graphics 4600. The video boards Geforce Gt 610 2gb Ddr3 Nvidia Hdmi Dvi Directx 11 and EVGA Geforce Gt710 2gb Ddr3 Hdmi Vga Dvi are better than I have already? Or if I can suggest some other video card very grateful. My motherboard is the H81H3-M4 (V1.0A) ECS.
Thank you very much in advance.
Greetings.

Edit: I also found these other video cards: Ati Radeon Amd R5 230 2gb Ddr3 Hdmi Dvi Pci-e Hd Gamer & Ati Radeon 5450 2 Gb Ddr3 Diamond System

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And video boards that I mention in my first message, what do you recommend? I say these video cards because they are my economic alcanse.
Greetings.

Israeli_Eagle
13 minutes ago, solitario said:

And video boards that I mention in my first message, what do you recommend? I say these video cards because they are my economic alcanse.
Greetings.

The GT710 is the best of those because Maxwell series and at least 192 cores!

Never any Intel wannabe-GPU because only shared memory.

SnakeMasteR

Don't buy SLI or Crossfire cards, it's a waste of money, you only have 1 PCI-E slot anyway.

On 11/07/2016 at 5:19 AM, n0_risk! said:

Don't buy SLI or Crossfire cards, it's a waste of money, you only have 1 PCI-E slot anyway.

*coughs* ahem.. Lemme just say that on a typical video game, you have the CPU working in tandem with the GPU hardware to render it.

Currently I have the Lenovo y500 laptop. It has an Intel Core i7 and 2xNVIDIA GTX650M 2GB GDDR5 SLI cards in it @1000Mhz. On ULTRA MAX settings with the most popular game on earth, League of Legends (incoming butthurt DOTA fanboys)...  With SLI disabled, i get 120FPS... with SLI enabled I get 760 FPS. It gives a minimum of 60FPS with even more demanding games at 1080p. There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between SLI and the regular card. For one, PHYSX goes to the second card and the performance difference between one card and two in SLI is actually greater than the individual sum of the two. Lets say each card is 100%. Having two cards would give you 200%. But having two cards in SLI controlled by a powerful CPU and games written for SLI gives you 250%.

SnakeMasteR

Here is a nice article that highlights some interesting points

http://tinyurl.com/hwj83r9

It may be a decent way to upgrade a present single card with another one in rare cases to save a few bucks instead of buying a more beefy and more expensive single card. But too often that costs more energy, space and may require a better power supply and more cooling. From just a upgrade to a complete rebuild, it can go pretty fast and is a thin line, something you don't really have to think about running a prebuilt laptop being sold as is.

The micro-stuttering, occurring driver issues, lack of and problems with profiles and lack of multi-gpu support at all or only shoddy implemented, especially on day-1 is always something to consider too.

Archived