tomm

Your opinion about Windows 10  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion about Windows 10?

• Best Windows ever!
    • Good, but not the best
    • Most crappy Windows ever?
    • None of the above, comment below

Windows 10 is best in terms of security. Also good at performance but still have some issues because it is new and constantly developing hope it will become stable in comming years.

• 1 month later...

Windows 10 started as a "salvation" of the Big Changes of Windows 8.1 ... While it has a lot of improvement, I really can't see stability and also beauty like Windows 8.1

• 2 months later...

In my opinion, at first, Windows 10 RTM seemed like a good improvement over Windows 8.1, which felt way too hybrid between the old Windows feel and the new Metro style interface and start menu. But then, when I started giving it a try even in my home computer I started to get increasingly more frustrated with its performance and deep changes which make no sense (to me). 

I can see no reason why they would scrap the Control Panel entirely and force everything into the new "Settings" menu which is always lagging, looks shitty to me, it is badly organized and makes me unproductive in comparison to the old way which had almost no flaw.

The part I hate the most about Windows 10 is the fact that you have absolutely no control over the delivery of drivers via Windows Update. For example, I personally install the latest graphics card driver, only to have it overwritten by the older but M$ approved version via Windows Update. Also you can't choose which updates to install and which to skip, which is a big issue for me - while being used to be in control over this part of the OS.

There's no need to remind about all the "telemetry" features which practically report back to M$ almost every action you take while using your computer.

So now we have painted a nice picture of this crappy shit named Windows 10, the worst thing that could happen to Microsoft.

I have switched back to Windows 7 on my personal computer after being on Windows 10 1507 for about a week or so, and I decided to never go back. In future when I will purchase a new machine, if Windows 7 fails to install on it I am fully committed to switch to Ubuntu as my main OS, or some other Linux flavor. So long, Microshit with your crappy Windows 10, I will stick to Win 7 for as long as possible, even beyond its end of support date, because in my opinion it is the best Windows version so far and it is a shame it is being swept under the rug only to make room for Win 10.

Edited by Rhadoo
Misspellings.

I myself use Windows 7, since it is the one installed in my old PC. If I upgrade to Windows 10 some programs maybe are not compatible. The same apply to drivers.

But if I bought a new PC I will do my best to use Windows 10 correctly.

I am sure it is different from Windows 7 but as you use it more time you will end like it, as I do.

Just my opinion.

Edited by vitorio

• 2 months later...

It's good but I prefer windows 7. :nuke:

I'm just using windows 10 because of my cpu of the seventh generation of i7.

I read that Intel went to bed with Microsoft to slash people like me who "bought" a pc and think I was going to be able to install 7!

So I use the 10 ...

Edited by pedroj666

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Using windows 10 since version 1503 , running good, no issues.

It will evolve with time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It scares me to leave the comfort of windows7 and migrate to windows10, I assume I will have to do so though in the future when I get new computer.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As a long time windows tester windows 10 is somewhat okay now better than windows 7 because of its" flexibility"  BUT windows XP was one of the best products made so far

The worst was millennium, although we advised MS not to release it then 🤣

for me windows 10pro is the best.

and linux the fastest.

i don't like using it  never used it for a long time because of cortana and bloats.

have nothing to hide but feel uncomfortable with it. and all the backdoors made for it.

it is not pleasant to get forced to accept the updates.

of course they will say it is for security.

Edited by vertical

5 hours ago, vertical said:

for me windows 10pro is the best.

and linux the fastest.

i don't like using it  never used it for a long time because of cortana and bloats.

have nothing to hide but feel uncomfortable with it. and all the backdoors made for it.

it is not pleasant to get forced to accept the updates.

of course they will say it is for security.

Name one of the backdoors made for Windows 10 and by who.

name only one ok ,do you think you can defend windows this way .

or do you want to see if i know what i'm talking about .

every one who knows windows knows it has backdoors.

flash was allways a backdoor.

they have changed it for more apps like it and it is still in use.

don't need to say more.

and how do you think os gets a not by you downloaded virus or infiltrated   or your data gets lost or collected, by asking friendly?.

windows is not yours and you will never own it.

microsoft keeps the right to do what ever it wants,

you agree with that or you get nothing.

and it is easy to corrupt it so they can make more money.

Edited by vertical