tomm

Your opinion about Windows 10  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion about Windows 10?

• Best Windows ever!
    • Good, but not the best
    • Most crappy Windows ever?
    • None of the above, comment below

Is best system, but I use LTSB version no bundled with apps who not use.

It can be used in certain circumstances, but it would probably all be much better if it have been  made by people and for the people. Now it is like some kind a weird  monster, which needs only improving all the time. It isn't for working, it is toy.

And I can not understand those, who say - is stable (?). What sense is  stable. The fact that it exists and you must all times to repair it? Yes, it is so unstable as before have never been.
Competitors would be very necessary, otherwise nothing happens.

Edited by Kalju

Airstream_Bill

I like it a lot. 

I don't understand those who say they need to repair it all time ? been using it in 3 machines for more than 1 year now and i've been all time using it and the times i needed to repair Windows 10 was significantly less comparing to Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. yes it is not perfect , yet, but the problem is in somewhere else, not that the OS is not stable.

Edited by saeed_dc

What I don't understand is why people who have already gave their opinions must respond to other people's opinions?

The title of this thread is "Your opinion about Windows 10?" so just give your opinion on Windows 10 and let it rest at that.

Don't go discussing or judging why somebody else thinks this or that way :rolleyes: I voted and thanked one or two members whose views

reflected mine. That is all! If you want to bang heads just open up another thread and we'll see how long it takes before the Mods have

to delete some posts or simply lock the thread. Like it happened to this one.

• Like 1

wallofasgard

Kind of confusing...to many versions to choose from (3 as of this moment) 10240,10586 and 14393. But i can say that i like the 10586 version for now if not for those  cumulative updates that  sometimes fails in my machine.:lol:

I am actually pretty satisfied with Windows 10. I thought I wouldn't be, as I was concerned with all the reports floating around the web about the OS being crap, but I don't have any gremlins for now, and I've been through three major system updates with Windows 10. 

I like both the notifications system and the addition of metro apps. Yes, they are practically gimmicks, but every Windows has its gimmicks (remember Gadgets, anyone)? I found them pretty neat, too, and at least metro apps have more functions to them. Gaming has also improved, at least for me, always a plus. Drivers are also efficient for me, even with some strange hardware plugged in. Yes, there are issues with this system, but chances are, they won't be too severe. Edge is an improvement, so I guess I could put it among the new things that I like. It's a bit bare-bones, but it's still early days. Also, personalization is underway. It's still not up to scratch, but it's better than nothing. If users insist more, I am hopeful that things will move forward. Although I really believe that supporting uxthemes would be the most practical solution, there are already many great themes available for Windows 10.

I dislike Cortana (if you ask me, that's the real gimmick that came with the new Windows!), the new update system, and the channel system locking folks in. If you're going to market Windows as a service, don't limit their choice. Why include a panel for updates if you have to install them? Why shouldn't there be an option to disable metro, for people who'd like to run the latest version, but without the new stuff? You shouldn't need a special branch just for that! It should be a part of the OS you can unplug. The same goes for Cortana's death grip and for Microsoft's limiting of the pro version, forcing folks to get Enterprise if they want full control of the settings. And even then, more often than not it's buried deep in group policy. These are just things that clash with their new philosophy, as there are other models that offer better compatibility.

And yet I've found that people complain about things that are unreasonable when placed in the proper context. For instance, people say that Windows 10 is ugly, while it's clear that the visual changes are a part of something larger. Microsoft wants to bridge the gap between mobile and desktop, and they want to unify the looks as well as functions. For me Vista was much uglier, and it didn't have the benefit of trying to accomplish something with it. It just sat there trying to look pretty. Also, the issues with upgrading are to be expected when upgrading your Android, let alone a complex desktop OS for hundreds of millions of people and their unique builds. This doesn't mean that they shouldn't work on it, just that this is a feature never before attempted, and errors are to be expected, no matter the amount of testing.

The issue of privacy is another issue where I feel people are being unreasonable. Mind you, not in the sense that they should ever, ever give up their right to privacy. What I have a problem with is the sense of righteous indignation. Of course that corporations feed on your data, even more so wherever words like "service", "personalisation" and "streamlined" are mentioned. And yet, people are acting surprised, in spite of the fact that Microsoft has munched on user data for decades, just not so blatantly. Indignation would be justified if the giving of data was somehow mandatory in order to use the OS at all, but with dozens of apps now dedicated to tweaking the privacy of Windows 10 it might actually end up to be the most privacy-friendly MS OS, just because now people are paying attention. 

I think it's clear that Windows 10 is not the worst Windows ever, no matter what. Both Vista and Windows 8 were experiments gone wrong, and are much, much worse. But most people seem to have expected something more from MS this time? And instead, when they got something different, based on new concepts, they felt... cheated? I don't know, but that's the best reason I've come up with for the torrent of passion concerning a tool.

Honestly, i didn't like it at first sight

i changed my mind, installed it, and now, i started to get used to it!

i installed  Windows 10 Pro Build 10586. No problems or any kind of issues so far

Some annoyances but it's just like with other operating systems!

i still don't like the new activation system:though. License should be given to users, not to the hardware!

Luckily, there are KMS solutions....

30 minutes ago, jordan4x said:

Honestly, i didn't like it at first sight

i changed my mind, installed it, and now, i started to get used to it!

i installed  Windows 10 Pro Build 10586. No problems or any kind of issues so far

Some annoyances but it's just like with other operating systems!

i still don't like the new activation system:though. License should be given to users, not to the hardware!

try 14393 u will like it even more :yes: me 2 didn't like it at first but now it's all good :D

56 minutes ago, jordan4x said:

Yes, they can't change that :lmao:

Edited by saeed_dc

never used it, must say what too much ive read about is very discouraging. think i will pass for now.

Edited by 46&2

On 12/08/2016 at 4:47 PM, Airstream_Bill said:

I like it a lot. 

That sums it up for me right there...:)

• 1 month later...

better than 8 or 8.1 , :), but not the best windows version, I had BSOD on some occassion 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alot of features from win 7 they got rid small things, but would like them back, Few major patches ago, the Libraries would let you choice how to set up, but now it changes to default ever dam time!!! Very Annoying

• 4 weeks later...

With the latest update, my windows 10 hangs whenever the screen saver kicks in.  The last time this happened to me was years ago with windows 3.11

The more things change, the more they stay the same.  Good Grief.