.one file

aniffeepull

aniffeepull

I have OneNote 2007, several days ago I opened my onenote file and saw - This file does not appear to be a OneNote file. I don't know how to fix this error, please any help.

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
knowledge-Spammer

try and reinstall the program again and see if it fix the problems u have

2007 is old now y not update to newer version?

5 hours ago, aniffeepull said:

This file does not appear to be a OneNote file.

Two ways it can be fixed.

1.    Start-->Run, and type: onenote.exe /forcerepair "filepath" where filepath (in quotes!) is the full path to the file that is corrupted. You can get this path by hovering the mouse over the section tab in OneNote. It's probably something like, "C:\Documents and Settings\your-name\My Documents\OneNote Notebooks\notebook-name\section-name.one" 
2.    In OneNote, go to File-->Info-->Open Backups, and open the latest backup. If the file looks fine, you can drag it into your notebook and delete the corrupt file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23.06.2016 at 7:02 PM, aniffeepull said:

I have OneNote 2007, several days ago I opened my onenote file and saw - This file does not appear to be a OneNote file. I don't know how to fix this error, please any help.

Firstly open onenote file in another version of OneNote, search backup copy of file, if it doesn't work you may try OneNote Repair Toolbox, represented by demo version on https://www.repairtoolbox.com/onenoterepair.html

Archived