I've just watched...

Rudeboy2025

I've just seen 50/50 (2011), it was awesome, I really liked it, I give it 9/10. ^_^

Story-line was very good, I really loved playing by Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Anna Kendrick; I was worried about it's ending but thank god they have ended it very good. ;)

Edited by Nima

• 3 weeks later...
The Three Musketeers 2011 - i would give it a 8.5 (thought I was gonna be disappointed but Nice movie, Good effort)

• 2 months later...

If I have to rate a film, it would have to be using the 50% system. Basically, anything I would give over 5 is worth watching, but it's the nuances between 5 and 10 that differ a good film from an amazing one. So here's what I've watched last night. XD

1. J Edgar - a good movie, awesome directing, hate to say it, but, awesome acting by Di Caprio (mostly hate him XD). The plot is severly crippled by ideological hogwash ("I know it's hard for you to imagine, but there was a time when the average Americn feared for his safety" ?) - 7/10

2. The Iron Lady - not so cool script or framing (think the director was trying to be a bit too artistic), but Meryl carries her role and the movie. You can't not admire that. A strong 7.5/10 for me.

3. The Fifth Element remastered Edition 1997 - a film you need a stomach to digest. XD Simply sufficiently OK acting, the plot is good, but if you hate SF, you'l hate this too. Overall - solid 6/10. A good afternoon movie, to relax and laugh at the sometimes shitty acting.

Please no comments against harry potter Series. Hate it, don't mention it.

How could I leave a chance of kicking your butts :moon:

nahh, i dn't lyk harry poter series..its all magic n childish.. :snooty: :snooty:

I've just watched "Space Battleship Yamato" (2010). The japanese did really good on video effects. And the Yamato's wave gun look like the ancient ship's gun in Homeworld 2 (my favourite game title) :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Death Race (2008).

OK movie. I always feel that there's a lack of number of racing related movies, so this was fun to watch. :)

calguyhunk

Death Race (2008).

OK movie. I always feel that there's a lack of number of racing related movies, so this was fun to watch. :)

I actually like Jason Statham, especially in "The Transporter" series, but I thought Death Race was horrible. Incredulous storyline, unnecessary violence, unfathomable dialogues, tacky pseudo-futuristic set/costume designing, and mind-numbingly moronic villains (give me Dr. No or even Mogambo anyday :P) made it a painstaking and headache inducing watch for me.

There's only so much of disbelief you can suspend before you get that inevitable craving for Aspirin. A couple of hours of my life that I'm never getting back from Star World. Damn! :rant:

• Administrator

Death Race (2008).

I actually like Jason Statham, especially in "The Transporter" series, but I thought Death Race was horrible. Incredulous storyline, unnecessary violence, unfathomable dialogues, tacky pseudo-futuristic set/costume designing, and mind-numbingly moronic villains (give me Dr. No or even Mogambo anyday :P) made it a painstaking and headache inducing watch for me.

There's only so much of disbelief you can suspend before you get that inevitable craving for Aspirin. A couple of hours of my life that I'm never getting back from Star World. Damn! :rant:

lol. It was Star Movies, not world. :P

I see. Well, it aired like 3-4 times at different days/hours. So I watched it in 3 different parts. So I guess that's the reason I felt it OK. :lol:

calguyhunk

lol. It was Star Movies, not world. :P

:frusty:

calguyhunk

I always feel that there's a lack of number of racing related movies...

You my friend, are a prime candidate for "Days of Thunder" and "Vanishing Point" :thumbsup: Edited by calguyhunk

calguyhunk

Watched this morn - "A very Harold and Kumar 3d Christmas" (2011) d/l'ed from Demonoid. Gonna d/l the Guantanamo bay chapter later today ;)

majithia23

The Avengers ... i ll rate it 8/10 ... ;)

full entertainment . thunderous action sequences . and some over the top hilarious dialogues and scenes .

must watch . !

and oh yeah , watch it in 3D for the 'blow my mind' awesome experience .. ! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Men in Black 3.

Somewhere between good and great. It's so good that I'm not going to say anything about the story.

A must watch film for a Men in Black fan. :)

Also, in the end I:

Posted Image

• 1 month later...
Rudeboy2025

Headhunters - Pretty great thriller with lots of twists and turns. It was nice to the Kingslayer (from Game of Thrones) in the movie. 8/10

Moonrise Kingdom - Saw it last night. I'm a fan of Wes Anderson so it's not a surprise that I loved it. Loved the setting, cinematography, acting, and Anderson's humor. Easily one of the best films of the year. 10/10

Ted -I've never seen Family Guy, but I am aware of the type of humor and knew it would translate well into an R-rated movie. It definitely has some great laughs, but overall it's just a "meh" movie. I would say rent it first if you're not gonna catch it in theaters. 6.5/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Dark Knight Rises .

Excellent movie . 8/10 . :)

However i advice to watch the first ( Batman Begins ) and the second ( The Dark Knight ) parts first and then watch this third sequel ,

else you would find it a little difficult to grasp the screen events in this movie !

@ckkent

might be this is the reason , you found some pot holes in the movie ! ;)

but part two - The Dark Knight , is still the best cinematic experiences , the best movie of all times for me ! 10/10 :D

this one too is good , but falls short of the expectation level set by the Dark Knight ! a bit , but still the movie is very well made !

and the score of the movie is excellent , completes the Picture .!

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Skyfall :clap:

I felt like I was watching a Bond movie again, not Jason Bourne.

I want to watch. I've never seen a Bond movie in cinema (seen them all on TV). But as always, I doubt I'm going to have time.

I wasn't really looking forward on watching it in the theater but I got bored at home. :D I think I've only seen less than five Bond movies in the cinema, the rest were from Betamax and VHS. :hehe:

Skyfall :clap:

I felt like I was watching a Bond movie again, not Jason Bourne.

I want to watch. I've never seen a Bond movie in cinema (seen them all on TV). But as always, I doubt I'm going to have time.

I've never seen ANY James Bond movies! Not even lying! I really wanna see them and SINISTER!

Has anyone seen sinister? How's it?

• 2 weeks later...