Windows 7 RTM Untouched has leaked

mara-

Lol, I'd rather have the retail than the OEM ;)
At this rate I will have to use the OEM. The retail is averaging around 150KB/s but the OEM is kicking at 600 to 700KB/s which should finish in 1 hour. I am excited enough to wait on this. My only fear is whether to upgrade or install clean. I have so much to back up if I have to install clean :( I hope the upgrade works else I'm screwed.

• Replies 65
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol, I'd rather have the retail than the OEM ;)
At this rate I will have to use the OEM. The retail is averaging around 150KB/s but the OEM is kicking at 600 to 700KB/s which should finish in 1 hour. I am excited enough to wait on this. My only fear is whether to upgrade or install clean. I have so much to back up if I have to install clean :( I hope the upgrade works else I'm screwed.

When you installed Windows 7..your existing files and folders will be store in the default drive under 'Windows old'. (Clean install)

You can then delete it after retrieving what you want.

Don't always believe me.....backup all your files before installing. :blink:

@kotaxor:

Indeed :bag:

Backup... Backup... Backup...

It's the first thing that should come to mind when planning for a general overhaul.

Well, I think that I will end up actually paying for Win7. The question is how much and when? Don't hate me for it. :fear:

There is a method to my madness.

You can always installed it first.....and later buy it.

All you need to do is insert the key........or share it...LOL :rolleyes:

But on a serious note.....Windows 7 IS worth the buy. Awesome!

PsychoticxBloodxLust

i'll wait for the msdn release on August 6th

is there any fast ftp servers where, i could download the Untouched iso. I managed to find few, but i would have to pay to dl from there :(

@ Pirate fin

Why don't you try torrent download ?

I tried torrent, but i was so damn slow..

I have the one from vinylzine (the one that didn't have the tojan), but don't know if it is untouched (does it matter if it isn't the untouched one)

@ Pirate fin

I have the one from vinylzine (the one that didn't have the tojan), but don't know if it is untouched (does it matter if it isn't the untouched one)

Just use Rapidshare, It took me just over a day to get it from there. I didn't even have to stay up the night it was that quick. :dance2:

@ Pirate fin

You should have used the torrent for the OEM version. People often make a huge deal and cry "omg it's oem...get it away from me..." :D but really it's the same OS and the only thing different is that you can't use the license to install it on a second computer. I don't see how this could be an issue for anyone here, considering our sources for obtaining the files are torrents etc. I only mention this because I loaded both torrent files and the OEM one kicked off at 700+ kbps and finished in about an hour while the retail was struggling.

Something weird happened today. I installed this Windows 7 over a Vista installation using the upgrade method and there is a watermark on the bottom right saying "test mode" with the build number. Why would it say test mode? It has not shown up on clean installs so what gives?

• 1 year later...

Archived