New Staff

shought

• Replies 117
  • Views 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Matt said:

I have stopped/banned anyone who thinks that he can be promoted to VIP/Veteran by spamming or posting useless posts. 

At least that was a good point made and well decided.

Hope it will work too

7 hours ago, Matt said:

what is clear from what you said that you had many sites in the past, but none of them succeed. All of them failed because of the way you had managed them, and the way you have always been disrespectfully breaking the rules.

Ah you were a member on my forums??? You haven't got a clue!

The reasons we had to close our sites had nothing to do with the way my sites were run; the sites had to close because we were ratted out and were forced to shut down. It had nothing to do with how the sites were managed! All members were happy and I still receive lots of questions from former members if/when I'll start again.

I'm always breaking the rules?? Show me 1 rule I broke (please)

I'm not looking for a fight btw!

Congrats to all new Staff! Keep on with your good work and effort, you are deserved with the promotion!!!

donkey-girl

congratulations to all the new in staff.

9 hours ago, DKT27 said:

The final decision and promotion of a member to a staff is completely on the admins. As the admins have decided, it's not up for discussion.

The two members we have selected for staff - you may see even more, have showed their excellence and expertised in their postings. They have also contributed in things unaware and not visible to the members. Rest assured, spamming is the last thing they do on this forums - we keep an eye on posts by all the members. So yes, again, the admins have decided and no further decisions will be allowed on this decision. If you have any problems then send a PM to me or Matt about it.

Hi

what are the criterias to become a staff in nsaneforum ?

I think, the current nsane Admins did't consider the good and quality posters (mainly software updates related posters),  the selected new staffs  are mainly engaged in news section. I think most of the members are joined here for getting latest software updates, AFAIK, NSANEFORUM's main aim sharing updated software to its members. pleas also give the honorary staff promotion to the POPULAR CONTRIBUTORS like @november_ra1n, @Astron  for their contribution

While the style of doers varies from controlling to very hands-off to a combination of the two, the doer approach to management tends to live by the principle of or. They have either task issues to handle or people issues to handle. These issues are often viewed as separate sides of the manager’s role rather than interrelated ones. Doers put much less emphasis on how people are performing (which is often less comfortable to deal with) than on getting things done.

Coach approach: These managers work to achieve the best operational performance results by developing and maximizing the talents and abilities of employees to their fullest.

Those who manage as a coach still perform tasks; in fact, many work alongside their staffs doing some of the same duties. Yet those who approach management as a coach recognize they also need to lead and develop others to top performance, because that’s how the tasks best get done.

Source: https://www.dummies.com/business/management/management-styles-are-you-a-coach-or-a-doer/

12 hours ago, Matt said:

@DR_ADHAM with all respect you can't judge and compare two different categories because it's going to be unfair. Copying/Pasting news take a lot of attention, assimilation, and qualification. It takes a lot of time to read an article process it by the person whois posting the news. This process needs someone who can read and understand whether it is useful article to be posted in nsane.forums or not. Trust me all of us are Copying/Pasting each other. This is what people are doing. An example, a successful person came on TV, and someone normal saw him on TV. He said I wanted to be like him. He will start read about the successful person, and start copying/pasting his succeed steps to be like him. Such as the major he studied, the collage he graduated from, and same goals he had.

All of you are different in here, and we must respect our differences and other people work. It's not fair to underestimate someone else's work.

Well then, you know very well @Matt how much I respect you and this respect is eminent from my previous situations with you.

You gave an example by the TV man to prove your point referring to as copy/paste and this is not possible in any means. If it's with that simplicity, then all the mankind would have been successful ATM !!

Yes, you may take a successful man as a figure, however if you don't have the qualifications to be successful too, you'll not be whatever you did. These qualifications should NOT include hypocrisy.

You talked about what's fair and unfair. I totally agree with you that I can't judge and compare two different categories because it's going to be unfair and I'm not doing BTW.

Let me ask you;

1. Is it fair to make someone whose all qualifications are related to the news or jokes section to be responsible for software updates ?
  2. Is it fair that someone pays all his efforts to post new software updates, then his post being frontpaged not under his name, but under the name of the frontpage staff who receives all likes and thanks reactions for a post that is not his effort and in the last sentence he thanks the OP ?

You want to be fair, make that qualified person responsible only of the news section and have no administration rights at all outside it.

You want to be fair, put every stone in its right place; news posters in the news section, jokes posters in the chat bar section, software experts in the software sections ... etc.

You want to be fair, ask the frontpage staff to shift the original post directly to the frontpage under yhe name of the OP, not to repost it under his name and just thank the OP in the last sentence.

Fairness is in the eye of the beholder (or administrator 😉).

In practice: What the most powerful (with the biggest stick) says fair is fair.  

Enjoy the forum.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, DR_ADHAM said:

1. Is it fair to make someone whose all qualifications are related to the news or jokes section to be responsible for software updates ?
  2. Is it fair that someone pays all his efforts to post new software updates, then his post being frontpaged not under his name, but under the name of the frontpage staff who receives all likes and thanks reactions for a post that is not his effort and in the last sentence he thanks the OP ?

That's quite good point.

Neither saying anything bad - nor going against the system, but it could be improved along-with some other way 🤨

Those who have been contributing the the forum effortlessly throughout the day and night, atleast I believe they should be considered to be given some higher rank which also encourage them more & more to contribute to the forum & it's people. I've seen very countable members here (under the supreme contributor like @Recruit @vyzzer @november_ra1n @dcs18 or helpers like @DR_ADHAM @knowledge @The AchieVer @Astron @ARMOUR @cybpsych etc).

FRANKLY:

Sometimes I find my comments/posts are moderated (for considerably good reason though) or edited by some MOD's , when I take a glance upon the username (most of the time) then I be like rubbing eyes "OMG ! when they became forum staff, even never heard them before(not everyone, but some of them are rarely known for their tasks) .

On that same place - for same reason I'd really love to see my posts/comments to be moderated by the above mentioned fellows, as I believe they deserve the position.

Anyway, it's just a opinion - not to criticize / to be criticized in wrong way.

Kudos to new staffs 🙂 have great day ahead everyone 🤗

My 2 sense congrats to our new staff..Anyone who is against it you haven't got a clue what it takes and it has nothing to do with what you post it's more about trust how certain members converse with staff..simple as that so again any problems with that PM the Admins they have final say.. 

• Jordan locked this topic

Admins are aware of everything, and they perfectly know who is contributing, who is spamming and who is only creating troubles.

They also have their own conception of moderation requirements and know the subject better than anyone here, including me.

Just know that some of the guys mentioned were already contacted before you can even think about it, but they declined the proposition for different reasons we understood.

One of the reasons mentioned is exactly this nosy attitude in the staff matters without being eligible for it.

Also, suggestions above were based uppon contribution, which is surely not the most important criteria here.

So, one more time, some members here proved that they simply jump on things without being informed about everything, especially background events no one knows except the staff members.

Again, this is not a discussion thread about who deserve to be a mod and who don't. This is not members prerogatives and never will be.

This thread was originally created to allow members to congratulate new staff members, nothing more.

Just take a look at the first post:

On 1/16/2016 at 11:23 AM, shought said:

.....should you feel you are qualified you are always welcome to drop one of the admins a PM with your motivation. We can't promise anything and can't accept everyone, but we will be sure to include you in our considerations.

So, to those who suggest names, start by suggesting yours, because all you could suggest, admins already know it.

Topic closed untill further notice.

• Administrator
On 3/31/2019 at 12:25 AM, Skunk1966 said:

Ah you were a member on my forums??? You haven't got a clue!

The reasons we had to close our sites had nothing to do with the way my sites were run; the sites had to close because we were ratted out and were forced to shut down. It had nothing to do with how the sites were managed! All members were happy and I still receive lots of questions from former members if/when I'll start again.

I'm always breaking the rules?? Show me 1 rule I broke (please)

I'm not looking for a fight btw!

I don't know your sites where they forums or any kind of any sites, and I don't really care why you closed them. I didn't ask you for explanation. I showed that you were not right about what you mentioned above. 

I can show you more than one. Just simply go to your profile, and check out your warnings. Also, I will remind of how many times the staff closed your RSU because you were using them for other stuff that we don't allow in here. 

Just to remind you again picking staff members is none of any one business. 

• Administrator
On 3/31/2019 at 7:24 AM, DR_ADHAM said:

Well then, you know very well @Matt how much I respect you and this respect is eminent from my previous situations with you.

You gave an example by the TV man to prove your point referring to as copy/paste and this is not possible in any means. If it's with that simplicity, then all the mankind would have been successful ATM !!

Yes, you may take a successful man as a figure, however if you don't have the qualifications to be successful too, you'll not be whatever you did. These qualifications should NOT include hypocrisy.

You talked about what's fair and unfair. I totally agree with you that I can't judge and compare two different categories because it's going to be unfair and I'm not doing BTW.

Let me ask you;

You want to be fair, make that qualified person responsible only of the news section and have no administration rights at all outside it.

You want to be fair, put every stone in its right place; news posters in the news section, jokes posters in the chat bar section, software experts in the software sections ... etc.

You want to be fair, ask the frontpage staff to shift the original post directly to the frontpage under yhe name of the OP, not to repost it under his name and just thank the OP in the last sentence.

You see my friend you are judging everything without any knowledge of the new staff and what their tasks are. 

Just forgot to mention that all new staff are on trial, and this is the main reason we didn't announce them yet.

On 3/30/2019 at 8:17 PM, DR_ADHAM said:

We have a new definition for "excellent work" here.

Copy / Paste is being referred to as "excellent work".

my dear, you are kindly requested to read This ancient thread...and judge what will happen to a forums if copy/paste is banned...this thread was initiated by a "Great Programmer" in order to harass and sideline me (and some other members too) in those days....please read the views of other members in that thread...

Archived