Is Microsoft’s Aggressive Windows 10 Push Reason Enough to Switch to Linux?

Batu69

1 minute ago, DKT27 said:

True about ChromeOS and legacy apps. While I like normal softwares myself, let give you a surprise, I'm far more likely to use Android apps than so called new Windows apps on my PC. That itself speaks a lot and I'm sure many users might think so. People may feel more connected to Android when it comes to apps. As for China / HK, well, all three of them seem to be not from China / HK, atleast their education and work wise, so would not mind it.

It being open source  it could end up like Linux for years everyone  said this is going be the year of the Linux desktop . Now that changed  to there's never going to be a year of the Linux desktop because by 2020  no one will hardly  be using PCs  anymore but us Old school people .  what happen to Linux was too many forks and versions of were made it can be confusing to chose from.  What windows  always had going for it was there was very little to chose from . But many people dont like windows 10 so there looking for  something new . If they would made Windows 10 more like Windows 7  and not a  Hybrid cloud pc I would never even would started  using Linux . I was a loyal Windows user for like 15 years  :P 

• Replies 79
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried the Win 10 when 1st offered and hours later reverted back to Win 8.1 x64, wasn't happy with

what I then had in reverting.

So I did a complete install again of Win 8.1 x64 - disabling any & all possible to the Metro interface

to have the most legacy desktop possible.

Thus I don't see the Metro (BS) anymore while it's still apart of the OS - it's not bothering me.

I was a Vista user and tried Win 7, liked Win 7 but wasn't going to invest in it as Vista suited me.

Then when offered I moved to and invested in Win 8 (the crap hit the fan) and committed since

I had invested in the OS. What a relief the update of Win 8.1 was but going in a direction I wasn't

happy with, of in just a legacy Desktop.

I go in to Metro interface to see sometimes app's pinned to the interface and always un-pin them,

this is after installing only what I believed to be a legacy program being installed to OS.

I've disabled notices to me of Win updates and only check these myself clicking on each for a

thorough understanding what is offered and the importance to the OS. 

I only install legacy programs to keep the a mostly legacy desktop experience possible.

Just wished MS would offer a STRICKLY DESKTOP EXPERIENCE for users of it's old (Win 8.1), current, 

and future OS's for a stripped out Metro offering.

Sure it wouldn't lead to upsell of app's to MS for Metro and - I believe this is possible for MS to do and could

lead to more sells in general to the company of an offering such as this kind.

This would be a true indication to MS it has a user base of (legacy desktops) in such an offering and

messed up in it's logic and vision of the OS somewhere along the way, in not to still offering a version

of Windows strictly geared to desktops.

What is Android?  its another forum of Linux  :P

This guy has a  good point here  from comments of this same article at reddit.

Joshtopher_Biggins :

Every time someone here criticizes microsoft or suggests people switch to linux they are spammed with "but gaming" or "it's too hard" or "i need it for x" so no. Stockholm syndrome is hard to stop.

Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors.

EmJXgv0.jpg

22 hours ago, steven36 said:

It being open source  it could end up like Linux for years everyone  said this is going be the year of the Linux desktop . Now that changed  to there's never going to be a year of the Linux desktop because by 2020  no one will hardly  be using PCs  anymore but us Old school people .  what happen to Linux was too many forks and versions of were made it can be confusing to chose from.  What windows  always had going for it was there was very little to chose from . But many people dont like windows 10 so there looking for  something new . If they would made Windows 10 more like Windows 7  and not a  Hybrid cloud pc I would never even would started  using Linux . I was a loyal Windows user for like 15 years  :P 

22 hours ago, DKT27 said:

True about ChromeOS and legacy apps. While I like normal softwares myself, let give you a surprise, I'm far more likely to use Android apps than so called new Windows apps on my PC. That itself speaks a lot and I'm sure many users might think so. People may feel more connected to Android when it comes to apps. As for China / HK, well, all three of them seem to be not from China / HK, atleast their education and work wise, so would not mind it.

Please take a look at-

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/260030-phoenix-os-designed-to-be-user-friendly/

Here's is a quote from Cerberus from another thread / which is informing there as much as I feel it be needed here.

Cerberus said:

Now days it isnt just about the browser you use but the OS and other apps you have installed that sends out info.  Take for instance win10, tor does no good stopping windows from sending info or any other app installed on your system.  It only protect in browser but apps, system file, etc dont use the browser but instead has direct access through the OS system thus tor does no good for stopping that info.  This is why I said use a combo to make more secure.  As far as hiding from the Governments, good luck with that.   They can find out anything over enough time.  Plus they have agreements with apps and OS's (like win10 and now other OS's because of updates they are including).  Better to use a unix based OS if worried about security.  That is my opinion which I base on the material I have read.  Plus, most companies only use windows for workstations, not their servers, ever wondered why?  lol  Windows is full of wholes, some on which they do on purpose.  You can't have a server that has personal data on it and use a OS that is like Swiss Cheese.  lol  Sorry M$ but its the truth.

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/260025-tor-anonymity-things-not-to-do-while-using-tor/#comment-1040512

Archived