English is losing its status as the universal language of the Internet

Sylence

Every one can be allowed to post in the language of their own choice but it make things harder for every one. People who are not under the constant pressure of using English for education purposes do not feel the need to learn it.

Though it wold be fun to learn other languages as well as cultures

• Replies 75
  • Views 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Lets not get into this  as the rules don't allow me too really . They say we have to focus on how were alike not different  and this topic focus on how we are different. I can tell you one thing though the translator don't work very  well for non English sites translated back to English and i read very well.

If you  ever tired  to use machine translated subtitles  you would understand  what i mean if you read English good.

If so then send me in message ;) 

This is just a normal news article I don't see how it tries to show our differences, we ourselves already know that our native languages are different from one another.

Yup I did use them, unfortunately they suck at some languages

6 minutes ago, jordan4x said:

i was born in a multicultural family & environment. i have 2 native languages: English & French

i learned Arabic too & can read & write it perfectly

i learned some German myself by taking courses & reading some books but i still have to study more ,-)

What is the best way to learn Arabic. Self taught or going to some body to take lectures. I want to learn its Grammar as well.

Want to learn german too as have plans to study in Germany. Can you recommend some books, websites etc

28 minutes ago, Ghazi said:

What is the best way to learn Arabic. Self taught or going to some body to tke lectures. I want to learn its Grammar as well.

Want to learn german too as have plans to study in Germany. Can you recommend some books, websites etc

for the arabic language: i had to learn it & it was easy for me as some of my relatives are Arabes

for the german language: i was taking courses from the Goethe German Cultural Center

the most thing that helped me is the daily contact with different cultures & all kinds of medias

it's like using computers: you'll learn how to use it more faster if you really use it, not only study about it ,-)

practice is more efficient than theory ,-)

btw. i have 3 russian (1 ukrainian) friends too but we speak only english ,-)

@ jordan4x So have to find some one to learn German basically. Goethe Center has Different levels of tests. Is there a time frame like you have to study 6 months for A1 and 8 months for A2 etc. Can we give these exams without attending Goethe center or is it compulsory

1 minute ago, Ghazi said:

@jordan4x So have to find some one to learn German basically. Goethe Center has Different levels of tests. Is there a time frame like you have to study 6 months for A1 and 8 months for A2 etc. Can we give these exams without attending Goethe center or is it compulsory

every single thing costs something!

every study needs time. but you can learn german basics at home especially when you have time

watching some german tv channels can help too as you will understand a word in different contexts

i can't give you a straight answer as it depends on too much variables but in a nutshell, the contact with different cultures helped me a lot

@jordan4x Thanks a lot. Will be asking for your assistance in future as well. Please ask the Goethe Exams time line question from your teacher if you still go there to take classes.

5 minutes ago, Ghazi said:

@jordan4x Thanks a lot. Will be asking for your assistance in future as well. Please ask the Goethe Exams time line question from your teacher if you still go there to take classes.

it was for 14 years before. i didn't finished the "task" (due to some circumstances) that's why i said i speak german a little bit ,-)

but i'll be glad to help you if i can ,-)

The bottom line English is not  the just the  universal language of the  internet were  its typed.  its the universal spoken language as well . But really it should not be. Because there's just to many  Dialects of it. so even though you can find people  about anywhere that can speak it it don't mean we can understand each other  when we do. speak it.

There should evolve  a new language out of all languages  and that should be the universal spoken language . But we  don't live in a prefect world . And if some other universal language of the  internet evolves  it will just make it hard on everyone . If less people are using English on the internet it just shows  its just becoming more divided is all 45%  of its in English  and the other 55% is divided in all sorts of languages .

So still  English is universal language of the  internet  .  Maybe one day  the internet  will be were no one will be able to understand each other anymore  who knows :P

To be a new universal language everyone would have to agree about it and I don't  see that happening

1 hour ago, jordan4x said:

i was born in a multicultural family & environment. i have 2 native languages: English & French

i learned Arabic too & can read & write it perfectly

i learned some German myself by taking courses & reading some books but i still have to study more ,-)

Very interesting conversation. In my house 3 languages are spoken at any giving time English is the common one. When i visited this forum for the first time, I sensed that it was multi culture one just by the name of the user or the way to write the post. Personally I like it.

6 hours ago, saeed_dc said:

U mad bro?

trying to talk like tough Americans! :hehe:

Reveal hidden contents

if u think a rules r nothin'-I'm mad bro.

it's not about English language question,it's about an respect one,capish?

13 minutes ago, gipsy said:

if u think a rules r nothin'-I'm mad bro.

it's not about English language question,it's about an respect one,capish?

There ain't no disrespecting..

and you got a killer swag bruh..

11868746_624948824314075_170556392_n.jpg

11897142_624948834314074_2086903759_n.jp

10 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:
Spoiler

11868746_624948824314075_170556392_n.jpg

11897142_624948834314074_2086903759_n.jp

i am who i am bro.

btw. your Ukrainian sucks,rightest way(& only) would be "ти божевiльний ,брате?"(just in case)

1 minute ago, gipsy said:

i am who i am bro.

btw. your Ukrainian sucks,rightest way(& only) would be "ти божевiльний ,брате?"(just in case)

I never said my Ukranian is good, (زیادی دیگه داری کس شعر میگی داداش...) , translate that :D

if u need to get your Ukrainian or Russian better i agree to spend time 4 that habibi,shure it won't a wastin' my time ;)

btw.even if i should to break  somebody's bones in real life it's do not means i disrespect bones owner.

16 minutes ago, gipsy said:

if u need to get your Ukrainian or Russian better i agree to spend time 4 that habibi,shure it won't a wastin' my time ;)

btw.even if i should to brake somebody's bones in real life it's do not means i disrespect bones owner.

I know Google Translate couldn't tell you the correct translation or else you'd be on my door step right now...well...to break my bones :D

8 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

I know Google Translate couldn't tell you the correct translation or else you'd be on my door step right now...well...to break my bones :D

f**k Google Translate man,it's not about u man (about bones),it's just a respect question.let's pretend it's just lost in translation ;)

"Со своим уставом в чужой монастырь" it's about this situation,means "With its charter in another monastery".d'u agree?

1 minute ago, gipsy said:

"Со своим уставом в чужой монастырь" it's about this situation,means "With its charter in another monastery".d'u agree?

I don't understand what you're talking about..neither the Russian, English nor its Persian translation..

it's past midnight right?

2 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

I don't understand what you're talking about..neither the Russian, English nor its Persian translation..

it's past midnight right?

did u? indeed? even after i gave u a translation?

Saeed ,point all of this is no need to be over of the rules in any community which hv some rules already.Is it clear?

5 hours ago, gipsy said:

did u? indeed? even after i gave u a translation?

Saeed ,point all of this is no need to be over of the rules in any community which hv some rules already.Is it clear?

I understand your point,

you can take care of your own business now, is it clear enough for you? 

43 minutes ago, VileTouch said:

you guys still arguing? get a room, you two! lol

Just randomly replying, no big deal lol

I'm so glad, that forums use one common language. I can learn others for my satisfaction, but to have one global language is a must. That way we can understand each other a lot better. And google translator sucks big time. If you want to chat in your own language, do it privately or in forums which use your language. I wish i spoke and wrote fluent Spanish, Russian, German, French, Portuguese, but it's not that easy. And as older you get, it's harder to learn.

Please respect others, speak forum language.

On 5.1.2016 at 7:21 PM, Ghazi said:

What is the best way to learn Arabic. Self taught or going to some body to take lectures. I want to learn its Grammar as well.

You can learn German with this Page:https://en.duolingo.com/

It is for free and i learned better English with this page.

P.S. I am from Germany and German has a lot of Rules in Writing and Speaking. Like TIme Forms.The word "The" has 3 forms for male,female and neutral persons and objects.

• DKT27 locked this topic

Archived