English is losing its status as the universal language of the Internet

Sylence

• Replies 75
  • Views 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

English will always be the universal language.

sHOULD BE TOPIC CLOSED..

5 hours ago, F3dupsk1Nup said:

sHOULD BE TOPIC CLOSED..

Oh really? 

your pathetic wish and the butthurt you got is because of my topic. lol lol 

16 hours ago, F3dupsk1Nup said:

English will always be the universal language..

not too long ago, the international language was french, so you know, things can change.

42 minutes ago, flitox said:

not too long ago, the international language was french, so you know, things can change.

French people tend to think so, but i have to disagree. French was popular once, but not universal like English is. My close ones work in logistics, mainly in Europe: Germany, France and few countries around them. And the most annoying people are French. Who thinks that French language is better than others and tend not to learn or to speak in any other language. But don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about every French person, just the majority of people my close ones meet. I have few French friends my self who speak English very well and they teach me French.

Even in the USA English is not the official language , its the dominate language , We don't have and official language and the USA has people from every place in the world,   Most every thing in the USA  you buy is written in English , Spanish and sometimes French too . Food  and instructions  to  about anything you buy.The fact English is the international one has to do with England is all.

4 hours ago, flitox said:

not quite ryt man,French was a diplomatic language .great language imo but more difficult in a  learnin'   than English at least because of the  pronouncing.

3 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

Talking about the languages, is there any languages harder than Chinese to learn? 

Hungarian quite may be or language of Hungarian cousin's -Finnish.

3 minutes ago, gipsy said:

Hungarian quite may be.

Even memorizing 3000 Chinese alphabet's characters takes ages, Hungarian has 44 characters

3 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

Even memorizing 3000 Chinese alphabet's characters takes ages, Hungarian has 44 characters

not too easy .

is English still the language of air traffic and air traffic control.... i know it used to be... even then there was exceptions...but only for political reasons not practical reasons...just wondering if anyone knows this answer...

52 minutes ago, dMog said:

is English still the language of air traffic and air traffic control.... i know it used to be... even then there was exceptions...but only for political reasons not practical reasons...just wondering if anyone knows this answer...

simple Google search: Yes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_traffic_controller

Although local languages are used in ATC communications, the default language of aviation worldwide is English

17 hours ago, gipsy said:

not quite ryt man,French was a diplomatic language .great language imo but more difficult in a  learnin'   than English at least because of the  pronouncing.

yep, thats why i'm saying it was the universal language cuz in that time, basically nobody ever moved 30 km away from their hometown and the people that had to speak with people from other countries where diplomats and they usually did it in french.

and yeah i'll agree too with the fact that english is a way easier language to learn compared to french

On 1/7/2016 at 2:13 PM, gipsy said:

french was the diplomatic language because the thinking of the day, for that to be, was a part,.. secrecy...they actually thought they could speak openly in other countries and nobody local would understand ...a tad bit of elitism if not down right stupid

On undefined at 5:30 PM, Andy1991 said:

German has a lot of Rules in Writing and Speaking. Like TIme Forms.The word "The" has 3 forms for male,female and neutral persons and objects.

On undefined at 11:17 PM, F3dupsk1Nup said:

English will always be the universal language..

English is nothing else than a degenerated german dialect. :)

if you hate America  ((and the west and Israel for that matter))  with a hate so strong you are losing sleep over it.... combined  with  the fact you can no longer express that hate at an only  English language site any more the way you used to do.... you need to get over it or just go where you can do that stuff...instead of being cryptic as you are now doing

4 hours ago, Gonad the Ballbarian said:

I only speak one language. The important one. The only one I need. I could learn any and all languages if I had the time and a reason. I have neither.

I don not sign at boards that are not English. Why would I? They have nothing I need nor want!

Maybe those who bitch about English should not sign up on English speaking boards. :duh:

Go find a good Iranian,Chinese,Russian or Korean board. There you can join in one big bitch session or pity party. :flowers:

btw I am Gonad, nice to meet you.

Nice hit list you got  Iranian,Chinese,Russian or Korean  :lmao: :lmao:

807_1176761392352782_3880720178091960661

4 hours ago, dMog said:

if you hate America  ((and the west and Israel for that matter))  with a hate so strong you are losing sleep over it.... combined  with  the fact you can no longer express that hate at an only  English language site any more the way you used to do.... you need to get over it or just go where you can do that stuff...instead of being cryptic as you are now doing

You really think a fake zionist regime is worth not sleeping for? lol

btw they're not in the west, they're right in the east in Asia continent.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

you really feel proud supporting a bunch of terrorists dont you? :lol::lol:

i did say the west(( and Israel))) separating them but you you see only what you want to see for your own purposes 

edit   added you to my ignore list  so fire away ...i will not see any of it

• Administrator

Enough guys. You should be ashamed. Making an argument over language and then getting personal over it, that, based of some article giving some random characteristics of some languages of the world. The truth is, does the internet care for any languages? There is something on the internet that is far more and bigger than languages, that is sharing, caring, loving, liking, helping and such things, many of them are beyond the languages.

As for languages itself. Here it goes. Languages are just like religion. Each and everyone of them are great in themselves. All of them are there because they suit the purpose and requirement of the location and the society.

The reason behind allowing only English stays in between the lines of the Guidelines:

This forum revolves around topics of a technical nature, which happen to be discussed by people from many nationalities, etnicities and political backgrounds. In order to focus on what unities us all, rather than what divides us, cultural, national and/or political issues are not to be discussed. Members engaging in such discussions will receive a warning.

Where is the unity.

Friendly or not, too many insults and disrespect to others and the Guidelines.

Thread closed.

• DKT27 locked this topic

Archived