[insane] Computer build around 10 lacs INR

rudrax

It's not that improvements can't be made here and there. I just see no room for SIGNIFICANT improvement. You are already pushing the boundaries, and the law of diminishing returns is starting to make itself felt.

• Replies 58
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The substitute 950 pro m.2 replacing XP941 m.2 is granted. Man that's a heck of a drive. 2.5/1.5 gbps read/write. Eyes wide open (legs too :rofl:

Beware, the 950 Pro features heat throttling. If your case is warm, it will throttle badly.

PRO TIP:  mount the 950 Pro sticks with this thermal pad on the back, cut to size:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/331584385885 One pad is plenty for a few sticks if you cut wisely.

The exact THICKNESS is something that you have to measure for your specific rig. Note that you can compress the pad slightly. 1mm or 1.5mm works for me.

• Administrator

Depending on the graphics card, as mentioned already, G-Sync or FreeSync monitor will be good for gaming.

Also, buy him an VR headset, if found in the market that is. If you do that, the other things will probably not matter I think.

Update: He bought the cabinet. It's from HP and is a enterprise grade. It is radiator packed with a coolant. Size is pretty big.

4 hours ago, vibranium said:

A server casing for all that ... a bit of an overkill. But what do I know?

I will tell you the model soon as he discloses.

On 19/12/2015 at 7:20 PM, rudrax said:

One of my friends got great returns from one of his investments and went crazy after that. He wants to build a computer system around 10 lacs INR (around 15000 USD). I guess he will get best specs out there. I wasn't believing him but he called me after his crazy message. He is serious. Now I have got a headache.

So friends, help me out and start suggesting the best components out there.

I think the HP DreamColor Z24x or Z27x Monitor will be the best choice for you.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, rudrax said:

@DKT27 Yeah I am aware of G-Sync monitor. But what's a VR headset anyway? 

Google it.

Make sure the display is IPS with fastest ms time possible, meaning 2ms is better than 8ms monitor. I doubt there are any high Hz monitors available at 4K, also do not know that Hz matters or not in G-Sync monitors or such.

11 hours ago, hp owner said:

I think the HP DreamColor Z24x or Z27x Monitor will be the best choice for you.

12ms - that's horrible for gaming. 

10 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Google it.

Make sure the display is IPS with fastest ms time possible, meaning 2ms is better than 8ms monitor. I doubt there are any high Hz monitors available at 4K, also do not know that Hz matters or not in G-Sync monitors or such.

Asus has one with 1ms reponse time. 

I am wondering whether there is a Dual LGA1151 socket Z170 board available. I am thinking that two i7-6700K in parallel will beat the single i7-5960X. 6th gen intel CPUs can handle DDR4 memory better accompanied by Z170 chipset than 5th gen.

What do you guys think? Tell me if such a motherboard exists out there.

5 hours ago, rudrax said:

I am wondering whether there is a Dual LGA1151 socket Z170 board available. I am thinking that two i7-6700K in parallel will beat the single i7-5960X. 6th gen intel CPUs can handle DDR4 memory better accompanied by Z170 chipset than 5th gen.

What do you guys think? Tell me if such a motherboard exists out there.

AFAIK, no. You would be looking at a dual Xeon setup.

Is gaming the emphasis? If so, having massively parallel CPU power is not going to help. Most off-the-shelf games are not programmed to make use of it. If there is a difference, it is barely noticeable.

8 hours ago, vibranium said:

AFAIK, no. You would be looking at a dual Xeon setup.

Is gaming the emphasis? If so, having massively parallel CPU power is not going to help. Most off-the-shelf games are not programmed to make use of it. If there is a difference, it is barely noticeable.

I see. It was my effort to stick with the latest tech. Sounds like it won't be paid off. He will also build a server which he will remotely control with his monster PC. And yes, your are right - Xeons are the best suited for parallel multiprocessing.

Now, I want your help with the RAM. I found this to be the fastest available to buy. But it's 16GB kit. I am looking for 32GB kit. 

53 minutes ago, rudrax said:
1 hour ago, rudrax said:

I see. It was my effort to stick with the latest tech. Sounds like it won't be paid off. He will also build a server which he will remotely control with his monster PC. And yes, your are right - Xeons are the best suited for parallel multiprocessing.

Now, I want your help with the RAM. I found this to be the fastest available to buy. But it's 16GB kit. I am looking for 32GB kit. 

yes that's the fastest this week... next week yo find out there's another one slightly faster, same thing the next.

i find it better to stick to slower clocks but more reliable, more capacity and above all good guarantee.

you may have all the money in the world but you don't want it to go up in flames either.

so i'd stick to Corsair ddr4 2800mhz 128gb until you're ready to go ECC. where there's practically no limit

(yes, i KNOW there's a faster kingston 128gb kit. but guarantee...reliability. geddit?)

3 hours ago, VileTouch said:

yes that's the fastest this week... next week yo find out there's another one slightly faster, same thing the next.

i find it better to stick to slower clocks but more reliable, more capacity and above all good guarantee.

you may have all the money in the world but you don't want it to go up in flames either.

so i'd stick to Corsair ddr4 2800mhz 128gb until you're ready to go ECC. where there's practically no limit

(yes, i KNOW there's a faster kingston 128gb kit. but guarantee...reliability. geddit?)

128 GB will remain useless even with the most demanding works (unless you are opting for medical research). 32 GB will be enough for any kind of tasks.

As for the reliability, people with a lot of money don't care. 

9 hours ago, rudrax said:

Looking at this, your fastest 32GB kit is 3400. It may not be available at many places right now.

At these speeds 3200, 3800, it won't matter. The real world difference is going to be unnoticeable. IIRC Anandtech did some tests a while back comparing 1600 all the way to 2400 and found that real world results began to plateau. Law of diminishing returns!

I can see that you make a good friend.

@vibranium If you are reffering to the desktop building friend, we're friends since college days.

Actually, tests apart, his intensions are also to show off. It's quite acceptable as it's a build of a lifetime. So he wants parts that are eye-popper. 

4 hours ago, rudrax said:

128 GB will remain useless even with the most demanding works (unless you are opting for medical research). 32 GB will be enough for any kind of tasks.

As for the reliability, people with a lot of money don't care. 

so are multi processors and quad sli.

i thought you mentioned a server, virtualized enviromnents in ram disks do grow out of proportion REAL fast. but i agree, for someone who doesn't know how to harness the power, most of what is listed here is useless. any game should work fine with 8gb ram. that's your plateau.

of course...that's not going to impress anyone nowadays.

but this might

Roadrunner.jpg

each one of these drawers is a bullx s6030 with 8x xeon 7500 for 64 cores,  2tb ddr4 ram and 4x quadro m4000, connected with fiber optic nic. all ssd storage of course.

why settle with playing a game when you can make your own freaking 3D movie?

12 minutes ago, rudrax said:

@VileTouch Did you just took a selfie with nsane servers?

no, my head isn't grey yet.

12 minutes ago, rudrax said:

Those specs are organization oriented.

...or unlimited resources

who needs money when you can have all the toys you want at the flick of a pen, no questions asked?

• Administrator
On 25/12/2015 at 11:24 AM, rudrax said:

Asus has one with 1ms reponse time. 

Is it IPS. No matter how great a monitor be for gaming. For me, I will never use anything other than IPS even for gaming.

Reason I am saying this is that many great and recommended gaming monitors are TN panel and not IPS. There are also reasons behind recommending TN over IPS like slow response time which even I'm facing with my Dell, which causes shadow when moving objects at certain speed. But, still, TN, will never, never be as beautiful as IPS and gaming in IPS is way beyond beautiful than TN panels. The expensive monitors might have fast response times to counter that though.

• Administrator

It's not IPS.

Someone recommended this somewhere. IPS, G-Sync, 1440p, but no 3D.

If IPS is not important than it's fine though.

Archived