Forum Upgrade Imminent

shought

4 minutes ago, pnefyp said:

Sorry but I'm visually impaired and I assure you that for me the new look is almost illegible. I really hope that the appearance will improve in the coming hours. Thank you in advance who runs the site if he can suggest how to use the different themes. Thanks for the attention

Do you have some suggestions how we could improve this for you?

• Replies 74
  • Views 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your concern. For me it would be better a darker theme with more contrast of the color of the text. However I read the previous look without much effort. Thank you very much if you do something for me.

Ciao ;-)

I take back what I said before! i was wrong!

the board is getting better & better!

i was too impulsive & i appologies for that!

the transition was perfect! i just didn't gave it the necessary time before judging!

again: sorry & well done @shought & all the involved persons!

16 minutes ago, pnefyp said:

Thanks for your concern. For me it would be better a darker theme with more contrast of the color of the text. However I read the previous look without much effort. Thank you very much if you do something for me.

Ciao ;-)

We will look into this, please send me a message if this isn't fixed within two weeks.

When i try to see new topics i only see that i choose Unread Content and that let me see every replay and it's pain is there a way i can see new topics only ?

Maybe a good idea to make a dark theme standard for all who visit nsane, members and visitors, because black background with white or blue letters is much better imo.. it reads better and is a lot easier on your eyes :)

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, BALTAGY said:

When i try to see new topics i only see that i choose Unread Content and that let me see every replay and it's pain is there a way i can see new topics only ?

Use the "Edit This Stream" option when viewing Unread Content.

Thanks for your efforts, shought.

What I like best about this upgrade - nSane pages load significantly faster for me.

But is there any other - darker skin expected to be available soon for the forums ?

10 hours ago, shought said:
10 hours ago, shought said:

We will look into this, please send me a message if this isn't fixed within two weeks.

Thanks, I'm sure you will do a great job.
Good things and thanks to maintain a forum so special ;-)

• Administrator

Those who want to just see the thread view instead of post view on the Unread Content, they can do so by switching between them by clicking on the Show Expanded View / Show Condensed View.

Here is an image for it.

36u1aUQ.png

I started getting email for every single post on the subscribed topic. I have changed the notification setting but it still not working. Please help.

personal opinion -new forum's  usability sucks.hope it's not for ever,but now is a shinin' example when   best the enemy of the good.previous was much more logical & user friendly.

3 hours ago, Wolfano said:

I started getting email for every single post on the subscribed topic. I have changed the notification setting but it still not working. Please help.

Can you post a screenshot of your notification settings?

10 hours ago, Melon Head said:

bump

Cannot reproduce this bug, please clear your cache.

A picture of the problem you're experiencing with some more information about your browser, installed add-ons etc. might help troubleshooting this. Because right now you seem to be the only one experiencing this problem.

There was quite a lot of downtime today, it was because our server was running overdrive trying to finish the background tasks and serve the forums to you guys at the same time.

I've removed the steroids from the background tasks (wanted them to finish quickly, too quickly I guess) so there shouldn't be any more downtime (let's hope at least).

This does mean the background tasks will take longer to complete, so I'll get you guys a new estimate tomorrow.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Wolfano said:

2015-12-09.png

Below this section is alot of specific notification options. Check these and ensure these are completed as expected.

19 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Those who want to just see the thread view instead of post view on the Unread Content, they can do so by switching between them by clicking on the Show Expanded View / Show Condensed View.

Here is an image for it.

36u1aUQ.png

The Condensed View does not survive a browser reboot for those who have configured their browser (correctly) to delete the cache — when the browser is restarted, it defaults to Expanded View.

1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

The Condensed View does not survive a browser reboot for those who have configured their browser (correctly) to delete the cache — when the browser is restarted, it defaults to Expanded View. h4CvlGL.gif

We can suggest to IPB to move this setting to the member settings rather than store it in a cookie, but you could also fix this by not removing cookies from our domain. 

11 minutes ago, shought said:

We can suggest to IPB to move this setting to the member settings rather than store it in a cookie, but you could also fix this by not removing cookies from our domain. 

Sounds good, shought — we can also probably suggest them, an alternative which is to add/move that setting to the Site Preference (which as good practice is recommended to not be purged at browser shutdown.)

Hi shought 

i'm experiencing a prob.. why do i have to LOGIN twice ?

previously it used to just single login and now have t LOGIN twice ..

if u want i can post screeneie

regards

Archived