Forum Upgrade Imminent

shought

Be advised: within two hours we will start the upgrade of our forum resulting in 5 - 10 hours of downtime for the forums and 1 - 3 hours of downtime for the frontpage.

• Replies 74
  • Views 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forum upgrade completed (background tasks still running).

Expected downtime: 7 hours

Actual downtime: < 4 hours

Please bear with me and the staff. Allow us some time to find and fix all the bugs.

Airstream_Bill

The Forums Looks very good after upgrade.

Most needed feature bugs to be fixed:

• Where are the old themes? Please provide more themes. Mainly include 2 older themes - Executive and old default theme when the themes are supported by latest IPS
  • Less Account settings. Some are missing
  • Old threads/posts with spoiler isn't working. Manual editing required
  • Spoiler option missing in replies to threads. Manual HTML editing required
  • [Option Missing Again from 11 Dec 2015] Add the list of Online users[as in old one] on home page. Currently clicking required and the list needs several clicks to view more users
  • The Signature is gone. No settings found in Account Settings/Edit Profile
  • Smiley/Emoticons issue
  • "Show more" option needed in every category to view content[threads/topic list] of multiple pages in one page as in older nsane
  • Search doesn't work for old posts/threads/tags - Partially fixed
  • Tags are all in Small letters in new threads. Even Capitalization while creating tags doesn't work
  • Make "Sort by Start Date" as Default in All categories - Issue shows up again
  • If logged in Anonymously "Private" is not seen in Lasted Visited column
  • Increase Indent and Decrease Indent is not there in creating/editing post
  • Adding Image via URL needs 2 clicks. Please make it one by adding it to formatting list of icons like in older nsane
  • Please add colors to formatting icons like in older nsane, it looks odd and creates confusion when the user is in a hurry
  • Shoutbox is missing. Please add it to menu even if it is temporarily blocked
  • Status Updates - "Lock" option missing
  • "Delete My Vote" option missing in Poll threads. So, there is no option to delete vote
  • In Poll, blue colored * is missing near the voted option, if already voted
  • Delete notifications option missing - confirmed by many users
  • Video links not auto-converting inline. Needs manual editing by searching source website for embedded code - confirmed by many users - Partially fixed
  • Font style option missing
  • Many formatting options existed post upgrade missing from 12 Dec 2015
  • There is a new sub-category "Contest and Competitions" under "Software News" if not logged in. If logged in, it is not there. The page opens with an error code - 2F176/1, Please confirm, if it is gonna be added or just default one in IPS which is not removed from the code
  • "Popular Tags" are missing in home page
  • No notification for threads moved/deleted to different category
  • Links in "Recent Topics" are taking to new comment on the thread. Please remove "?do=getNewComment" from the links
  • Fallout Bunker and Sub-category ViP Downloads/ Requests are open to all. Anyone can open and read the contents
  • In public view, there is a different category "Downloads" with many sub-categories - Drivers, Filesharing, Internet, Multimedia, Security, System, Other Apps, Reviews.

Why is that not available to members?

• The Hidden Topics and Syndicated News are open to public view but not open to members

• Staff Forum is open to public view but not to members - confirmed by many users

• Direct Downloads Library was only for members. However, it is open to public view

• New topics posted in Frontpage Software Updates are not listed in Recent Topics. @shought mentioned, it uses different code. However, we had the topics listed in older nsane, How? Please make the necessary changes to make the topics added.

13 minutes ago, Wolfano said:

Where is my friend list?

Friends / Followers
Instead of friends, IPS4 features followers. A member now has the ability to follow another member without that being automatically reciprocal. You have the option of converting friends to followers.

More info on changes

1 hour ago, kantry123 said:

Pls do take part in the POLL and let SHOUT know if to  stay or roll back to OLD LAYOUT

I doubt you will see the old thing coming back as it was, as you may have noticed, the software has been updated, not some lines of a theme changed.

Guys as I've said before the look and feel of the community can be changed by applying themes. What's more important right now is making sure all the underlying functionality works as it should, from there one we can explore further options :)

flat themes are known for more responsiveness. there are some good new options too

but globally speaking, the "old" board is by far better than this one.

imho, it would be great if the number of dislikes increases, the admins will reconsider this upgrade.

if there was a poll for this, my vote would be for the old good nsaneforums.

I Like the minimalism look.. would be cool if there was a way to adjust colors at will and keep the flat look... so far so good here.. haven't run across any bugs yet.

EDIT: Noticed extra padding around the logo... is that in the code or do I need to make the logo bigger?

Sorry but I'm visually impaired and I assure you that for me the new look is almost illegible. I really hope that the appearance will improve in the coming hours. Thank you in advance who runs the site if he can suggest how to use the different themes. Thanks for the attention

Archived