The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

Batu69

So if you were go get a linux malware your just screwed then? Format and install linux again (linux version of format). Remember the link I posted above:

For Linux-specific threats

These applications look for actual threats to the Linux computers on which they are running.

Linux malware can also be detected (and analyzed) using memory forensics tools, such as the following.

• Second Look (proprietary)[28]
  • Volatility[29] (free and open source software)[30]

Notice where it says eset detects os x and windows malware too? Sophos detects windows malware too? Is this article lying? I dont think it is its possible its inaccurate only a true linux guru would know.

• Replies 68
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if you were go get a linux malware your just screwed then? Format and install linux again (linux version of format).

There' s more of a chance of you being stuck by lighting if you’re careful . I read many comments were Linux users say that been using it 15 years and never got infected . I cant say that about windows even using anti-virus 15 years ago. anti-virus were not as good as they are today. ^_^

Chance? I dont like to play a game of chance Im not someone that leaves a great deal to chance. Im not the only one out there that feels like this.

Chance? I dont like to play a game of chance Im not someone that leaves a great deal to chance. Im not the only one out there that feels like this.

You play the game of chance every time you log on to the internet . The only way you don’t is not log on . Any experienced user knows when you think you’re safe is when you’re most vulnerable. While Anti-virus can be beneficial to windows users it can also give them a false sense of security and make them think that there not vulnerable to attacks.

No one logs onto the internet now zoomtown I used to have to they went away with that (only fiftysixk modem users login to the internet right now even then you can unplug the internet and get hacked using frequency waves doesnt matter if yoour logged in or not). Everyone is always connected unless you shutdown your computer and you get hit with the one infection if you dont open a e-mail attachment or get hit with a drive-by download (remember I cant remember what its called if you were connected to the internet you got infected) one of those infections thats set to launch on a specified date I think I cant remember now. Antiviruses can only prevent infections of which they have signatures for what they know about and thats why your vulnerable with a antivirus users who are safe are the ones that have a antivirus use common sense use a anti-explooit program and dont open e-mails that they dont recognize unless you piss of a security researcher black hat and they decide to hack you you can have redundant security in place and they are going to get in if they truly want to. Only someone without common sense thinks there not vulnerable to attacks.

Kalju once told me this a lot things can be proven by doing test but in reality in real life it never happens it just isn’t so .
------

1. 1st there must be malware or a hacker to be attacked
2. Every test that’s ever ran is done a different machine that’s not you’re setup at all .
3 There's no antivius test that can prove it can not be hacked . Many of these products are victims of being hacked themselves .

4. These people are not practising safe surfing and safe downloading when they run these test . They are exposing them self to malware deliberately ( No one with conman sense would do this.)

5. Are you going set around and worry about it or are you going to take precautions ? Action speaks loader than words.

6. What I been doing for many years now must be right because I’ve not had any trouble in years . So I will keep doing what I am doing and keep my guards up . :)

You just went off on a wild tangent and proved nothing. I wasnt even talking about antivirus tests. Any antivirus can be hacked any system can be hacked even yours. I have common sense and have taken all the necessary precautions this isnt about me this is about everybody you havent had any trouble doesnt mean your immune it just means you have gotten lucky remember ignorance is bliss you be happy with your false sense of security and Ill be the one prepared and not be a sitting duck when the digital pearl harbor hits us (that doesnt mean kalju is wrong).

You just went off on a wild tangent and proved nothing. I wasnt even talking about antivirus tests. Any antivirus can be hacked any system can be hacked even yours. I have common sense and have taken all the necessary precautions this isnt about me this is about everybody you havent had any trouble doesnt mean your immune it just means you have gotten lucky remember ignorance is bliss you be happy with your false sense of security and Ill be the one prepared and not be a sitting duck when the digital pearl harbor hits us (that doesnt mean kalju is wrong).

Only thing I need to prove is for myself .. if you don’t practice safe internet habitats I cant help you and really I could care less . You seem to like too me to be worried about proving people wrong more than anything else ? too the point I don’t even like talking to you . It don’t matter if I’m right or wrong you’re going keep disagreeing with me

Why are you in a topic about anti-virus test not talking about them?.

No I only disagree with someone if there wrong in what they say users of this forum can see these posts and I dont want them getting the wrong idea I am about all users not just myself I am usually a optimistic person and am happy if I put a smile on someones face not only fixing there computer or helping them fixx there computer I want to feel the satisfaction they get from me helping them I dont like users spreading false beliefs and in a way thats what your trying to spread I coulld care less if you dont like talking to me this isnt about me like I said its about users of this forum and them getting the correct and safe message. it does matter if your right or wrong if your right I stop typing if your wrong Ill just let it go and let users of this forum get a false positive why because it makes you feel better? No if you werent giving a false message I wouldnt be typing right now.

Do you even care how your message affects users of this forum? It doesnt sound like you do someone has to care and thats me. For your information I wasnt talking about antiviruses in the one point I had. That test is only av comparatives doesnt include avtest and virus bulletin or the the anti tester something something labs. The paid for results has to do with av-comparatives not avtest or virus bulletin.

wow... as usual still a hot topic :)

malware and Linux/iSumthin'/not Windows: why would there be much of it (malware) there... i mean why would a "malware developer" target a very small group unless he's "a racist" or bored/annoyed?

malware and Windows: most use/have some antimalware solution... it all depends on the surf habits/knowledge and no setup is the right path for all... miscellaneous setups are a positive aspect regarding security... i think we all know that not everyone has "the same size d**k"... some even use "broken" instruments to measure it or in most cases lie... the good news here is that it can be made "bigger" (no bullshit) :P

No not for me you can delete all the posts in this post and I wont argue Im about helping users I dont care about the number of posts I have thats proved from the moderator deleting posts of mine that I reported intentionally. I want a valid point and users of this forum to see the post and learn something from it and not get a false sense of security.

Ok so keep calm and switch to Kaspersky...piece of cake :)

Eset is not a false sense of security go look at virus bulletin its the best antivirus on that website and it doesnt get bribed like av comparatives does.

Eset is not a false sense of security go look at virus bulletin its the best antivirus on that website and it doesnt get bribed like av comparatives does.

Back in my day when I was using Eset it was a piece of junk but everybody was talking about Kaspersky and how good it is, and here we are, it's still the best of the both worlds and Eset trying to make a good impression but fails every time..

It can't be trusted when you can find valid genuine keys on the Internet almost everywhere to activate it legally..

Which version are you using eset now is very good I have used it and I go all over the web I could be getting lucky or eset could just be good users in this forum would agree with me.

I stopped using it years ago..most of the places I go whether home, university or office use Kaspersky (Internet security, small office security or endpoint security) because it's more trustworthy and reputable

Eset and kaspersky are considered the best depending on who you are and how your system is setup if eset decided to shutdown tomorrow and I had to choose a different antivirus I would choose kaspersky.

in security world....there is only one truth....Kaspersky. not other.

and note it written on the wall

Archived