Microsoft Says CCleaner for Windows Is Meh

Batu69

Whenever i use Ccleaner to clean my pc it runs faster, i can see it with my own eyes.

Yes my friend. The Microsoft guy is blind. That's why he didn't see anything.

• Replies 60
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't judge me for what i am posting. I am an avid user of Ccleaner for years and i can say that it didnt affect my daily computer usage at all as a casual gamer. I can say that Ccleaner's registry cleaning function is light compare to those like RegClean program.I am using the registry cleaning function to erase ONLY the remnant of a deleted installer on my PC.

If i am to compare whether Ccleaner will ruin my OS or a Defective hardware will ruin my OS and PC first? I am sure about the latter as main concern according to my own experience of computer usage.Use

I just Use Revo or TU this will do the same thing for programs you want to delete reg entries for . I read Windows 10 has has a boatload of things like Autoruns etc. that CCleaner Registry Cleaner will cause absolute havoc for . I don't use no type Reg cleaner since I 1st got Windows 7 then I just used jv16 PowerTools but in over 2 years on windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Ii just use revo or TU . I try not to install any programs much that i have to uninstall no ways most programs I can just update without this .

All Programs I don't use a lot are all on a 1TB portable hard drive and are portable . And my other media is on a 5Tb external HD. If I change PCs I can just plug them in. B)

So what is Microsoft's response to ccleaner for windows users who cannot use command line and key strokes to clean their PC and uninstall programs

May be Microsoft should make a simple and user friendly app for these users otherwise leave ccleaner alone

To add to CCleanner default setting cause no harm and this improves with subsequent releases also it can be turnoff it you like using it as and when to save resources

Speaking of freedom of choice every site I visit, people seem to associate CCleaner with registry cleaning — the same grapevine is ripe here, too.

The truth of the matter is CCleaner does not clean the registry, by default — not . . . . . . . unless the User takes a conscious effort to make a couple of extra clicks after firing open his/her CCleaner.

you are right, CCleaner does not clean the registry, by default. move on guys!

So it boils down to what? Is the MS warning valid or not? I'm using win 8.1, I never had a single problem with this program, are they referring to Win 10?

MidnightDistortions

Nothing wrong with CCleaner and even using the registry cleaner, nothing ever happens. It's some of the other registry cleaner apps out there that i am weary about.

cleanmgr.exe (Windows Disk Cleanup) is really a great tool if you really paranoid or you are on a critical system, e.g Domain Controller, Accounting system .. etc

What things that tool could clean up?

here most of them:

1. Temporary Setup Files
  2. Downloaded Program Files
  3. Temporary Internet Files
  4. Debug Dump Files
  5. Old Chkdsk Files
  6. Previous Windows Installation(s)
  7. Recycle Bin
  8. Service Pack Backup Files
  9. Setup Log Files
  10. System Error Memory Dumb Files
  11. System Error minidump files
  12. Temporary Files
  13. Temporary Windows Installation Files
  14. Thumbnails
  15. Windows Update Cleanup
  16. Files Discarded by Windows Upgrade
  17. Per user archived Windows Error Reporting Files
  18. Per user queued Windows Error Reporting Files
  19. System archived Windows Error reporting Files
  20. System queued Windows Error Reporting Files
  21. Windows Upgraded log files

after 25 years like most guys mentioned; from experience no software is better than the other however as of today it does run light in the background when windows load and it does help clear unwanted files from uninstalled programs and i manually click the registry cleaner and 100% of cases, it only clears items of software uninstalled and never messed up my registry or windows performance; like some of you mentioned, i do manually check the boxes I need it to scan before cleaning which helps eradicate any mishaps if any

• 2 weeks later...

On one hand, it can attract those who like the plain Jane Metro (ModernUI) — on the other hand, it can also appeal to those who prefer a ravishing, full-bodied (read — buxom) 3D visual.

The latest pimped CCleaner 5.11.5408 for those who prefer the ravishing, full-bodied, buxom, 3D visual — check out post # 2 for updates on all other tutorials, guides & tips.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wnkb4zkhbafnt29/CCleaner.rar

Archived