Can't right-click!

Guest Gir489

Guest Gir489

Every time I try to right-click on ANY folder, file, or executable, explorer.exe crashes. But, if I right-click on something like the Desktop, it opens fine.

I must have done 10 different virus-scans, and they all said I was fine.

I think I should do a Windows repair install. Would that help?

• Replies 31
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gir489

My comp is so fucking lagged up, that it made me double post! How fucking gay.

I bet some jackass is using my comp as a host!

I used to have the same problem as you.. about the crashing explorer.exe problem. Erm, i never really "fixed" it. My comp crashed awhile back and I had to reformat my whole harddrive. Yeah, it did stop the problem but i wouldnt recommend it. Its most likely some currupted Windows files or screwed up internal stuff. I really doubt its a virus or something..

Guest Gir489

I want to format, but I don't want to lose all of my stuff.

I had a set-aside partition on my HD for files. I don't think I can fit all my stuff onto it, though.

Have you checked for Ad/Spyware?

What AV are you using?

Could it be your mouse may be broken? Have you tried another?

Guest Gir489
Have you checked for Ad/Spyware?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. When SpyBot picks it up, it claims that it removed it, but it is still there when I scan again. (SB 1.4 RC1)

What AV are you using?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AVG and Trend Micro's free online scan.

Could it be your mouse may be broken? Have you tried another?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(God, I hate repeating my self.) If I right-click on the desktop, it works fine.

Guest Gir489

I just saw nsane's post about SB RC2. I'm going to download that, and see if it can remove it.

EDIT: Alright! This time it removed most of it. I just neeed to reboot to remove the others.

Guest Gir489

Ah, fuck it!

I just formated. I bounced-back pretty easley.

Only thing that is taking a while to get back, is STEAM. But, STEAM always took a long time to download its shit.

u did back up ur data right? You could also back up the Steam game files so you dont end up downloading like 30 gigs of games again.

Guest Gir489
u did back up ur data right? You could also back up the Steam game files so you dont end up downloading like 30 gigs of games again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried to do a Repair install, but fucked up the partition. So I was pretty screwed...

I did have a D:\ drive partition, where I put a lot of good stuff. Like: Pi, (The Movie.) DooM 3, and jDoom. Most of it was filled with "crap", so it was pretty useless.

I left STEAM to download its cahce files at like 4:30 PM EST, and it's now 9:58, still downloading HL2's cache.

(Sorry for the bad spelling; SpellBound isn't working ATM.)

I tried to do a Repair install, but fucked up the partition. So I was pretty screwed...

I did have a D:\ drive partition, where I put a lot of good stuff. Like: Pi, (The Movie.) DooM 3, and jDoom. Most of it was filled with "crap", so it was pretty useless.

I left STEAM to download its cahce files at like 4:30 PM EST, and it's now 9:58, still downloading HL2's cache.

(Sorry for the bad spelling; SpellBound isn't working ATM.)

that sucks. i finally, last night, clean up the C: drive. used wd backup software onto a 200 extrenal. and just an hour ago install sp2. :unsure: freaken cd they still said was expired. kind of pointless of them to do that. my system even reboots much better. wow. now i got to find that tcp p2p friendly file again.

cd sp2 came with a free year of firewall and virus from ez armor le. they any good?

good luck with your system.

Guest Gir489

If it's free from Microsoft, it can't be any good.

My comp has recovered very quickly, aside from all the data I lost for my HL2 mod; it's all good.

• Administrator

Now.... whats your problem with microsoft?

Seems LOTS of people have "anti-bigness" syndrome! :unsure:

Guest Gir489
Now.... whats your problem with microsoft?

Seems LOTS of people have "anti-bigness" syndrome! :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing. I like Microsoft. I just know how cheap they can be. ;)

Guest Gir489
Meaning?

Microsoft makes some fine products.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And they charge a shit-load of money for them.

• Administrator

Which company does not charge for high quality products?! We all have to make a living....

Microsofts money has been FAIRLY earnt.

They have done LOTS for the world AND technolagy in general.

Bill Gates donates ALOT of money to charity etc.

Guest Gir489
Which company does not charge for high quality products?! We all have to make a living....

Microsoft's money has been earned FAIRLY earned.

They have done LOTS for the world AND technology in general.

Bill Gates donates A LOT of money to charity etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Creative sells products for fairly cheap. $120 for a Zen is not bad.

ATi has pretty reasonable prices for great hardware.

AMD has borderline prices.

If you work for Microsoft, I'm never buying anything from them again. No offense, but your spelling and grammar is not the best. I wouldn't buy from a company that has ignorant employees. :think:

I'm not bashing you; I'm just saying you could work on some things... ;)

And that's probably why you use Opera. :D

They have done LOTS for the world AND technology in general.

True. I love their line of Operating Systems. I still have DOS 5.0 in my archive. I have bought every Windows OS from 3.X to XP. (Accept for NT and 98 SE) :unsure:

I am also using the Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard, and the Microsoft IntelliMouse. The only thing I found wrong with the keyboard, is that you can't press CTRL+SPACE while pressing a letter key. But, when I filed for technical support, they sent me a second keyboard to see if mine was defective. So that's a plus! ;)

Guest Gir489
Right.... so why do Microsoft "suck"? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who said they sucked? :unsure:

You just assumed I hated Microsoft, because their free stuff isn't as good as it should be?

I was merely making a point, that if you don't pay for something from a major company, it's not going to be top-of-the-line. :think:

EDIT:

If it's free from Microsoft, it can't be any good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

microsoft does have good products. But yeah, they are a bit pricey for the average person.

But they really know their marketing. I was reading over the Browser Wars with IE and netscape. Damn, the way microsoft used their resources. They literally cut the air supply for netscape. Microsoft just had all their bases covered.

• Administrator

Gir489, luckily im not one that takes offence to things what people on the internet like yourself think about me.

1) English isn't my first language, however i'm sure my english is much better than an additional language you speak(if any).

2) I do not generally care about my spelling/ grammar on a forum... i dont check... just type. Takes far to long to read over posts etc and fix errors caused by typing quickly and i have better things to do in life.

3) Just because YOU don't like something.... doesn't mean it "sucks"

4) What you said... is kinda out of line... i find many flaws in statements you make (and others), but i respect people enough NOT to be as picky.

Microsoft has some fine FREE tools.

Microsoft Anti-Spyware

Malware cleaner

Windows Media Player

All are high-quality products, but remember - NOTHING comes for free in the world.

;) :unsure: :think: .... Well said Lite.

And they charge a shit-load of money for them.

Gir489 - Becoming one of the biggest companies in the computer industy isn't cheap. Products = research + materials + developement + production + shipment + labor. All these things cost alot of money. And last time I checked... ATI and AMD (for example) didn't have an enormous tech department, a video game console, one of the most renowned computer products to ever exist on the market, or as much publicity and product maintainment as Microsoft does. Dont get me wrong, I have issues against M$, but I also have an understanding of how the industry functions.

Guest Gir489
Gir489, luckily im not one that takes offence to "wannabe's" like yourself.

That's worst insult ever.

1) English isn't my first language, however i'm sure my english is much better than an additional language you speak(if any).

I don't speak anyother language. Although, I do know some Greek, but I wouldn't consider "speaking" it.

2) I do not generally care about my spelling/ grammar on a forum... i dont check... just type. Takes far to long to read over posts etc and fix errors caused by typing quickly and i have better things to do in life.

I'm sure you do. :think:

3) Just because YOU don't like something.... doesn't mean it "sucks"

Ummm.... OK.... What are you talking about?

4) What you said... is kinda out of line... i find many flaws in statements you make (and others), but i respect people enough NOT to be as picky.

SHOW ME! I want you to show me ONE grammatical/spelling error I made! If you do, I will give you a dollar!

Microsoft has some fine FREE tools.

Microsoft Anti-Spyware <----SpyBot can detect over 600,000 pieces of SpyWare/Adware that Microsoft Anti-Spyware couldn't find.

Malware cleaner <---- Never heard of it.

Windows Media Player <-- Takes up too much system resources. WinAMP is much better.

All are high-quality products, but remember - NOTHING comes for free in the world.

That's what I said. :unsure:

You really like to make a fool out of your self. ;)

Guest Gir489
Dont get me wrong, I have issues against M$, but I also have an understanding of how the industry functions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But of course! That still doesn't mean that we can't hate them. :towel:

Archived