Disable Windows 10 Telemetry and Data Collection (Collection of Methods & Tools)

UpGrade

I have used a couple of tools but don't remember their names, but Windows still keeps sending freezes or hangs which is evident in the problem reportreport.is there any tool which can block this problem reporting to Microsoft? Our host blocking taskhost.exe will do the job?

Not 100% about this i will try to look into it when i have the time hopefully sometime this week and see what i can find out.

Destroy Windows 10 Spying v1.5 Build 409 Released

OP Updated!

https://userscloud.com/fsto538mr3xa

Didnt use the latest build yet but this is what windows 10 LTSB does periodically with the previous build available during my last post. Will use the above build and report. Thanx

If it still does it report it to the developer his twitter, github and contact details are in the OP and the app itself

having many of these here is also a problem, which of these is at least good?

Asking from the people who have tried these out.

id say they are all good as they are all very similar the difference is some will block a few more hosts then others

Even the latest build doesn't fix the problem reporting issue.gonna use a different app.

yeah try another and see if that works, glad you reported it

Windows_10_Privacy_App_Do_Not_Spy10.jpg

Non-exhaustive list of Windows 10 "spies" and more precisely what they do

Smartscreen filter: this sends the address information you've visited in the apps purchased on the Microsoft Store. Google does not solve it in your store, only in the case of Google makes local and Smartscreen sends to the network.

Windows offers information on your location to your applications: some apps use your location to provide content most appropriate to your location, but you'll be eternally located. It is something like what we find in Android or iOS, but in a desktop computer.

Cortana: records your voice, your position, what you write, your contacts, your calendar of events, research Records, store our information in the clouds, etc. Something similar to what already Siri or Google instant.

Sensor WiFi: lets connect you to a wireless network without asking for a password. It does so via Facebook, Outlook and Skype accounts. A very good idea for "choricear" without having no WiFi which will require the password.

Synchronization: Windows 10 lots of your data stored in the cloud. It is mandatory to have an email account to synchronize. Thus, split screen, some personal data, passwords, access configurations, etc.

Diagnosis and comments: collects information about your installed software and sends event information to error, although this and other operating systems. But Windows 10 goes beyond and for its "diagnosis and use of data" also sends information from the frequency of use of applications, screenshots of memory which may include highly relevant data such as parts of the document which we are working, etc. And the worst thing is that you unless have the Enterprise version does not let you disable it.

The Windows search box: compiles information that you're looking to accelerate research and also index the contents of your hard drives and even the content of the documents which must be able to search for words in their midst. It is already available in versions such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.

Devices connected: also collects information on a network-connected devices (tablets, smartphones,...).

Sorry for the errors. this just a google translation ,-)

10_Spy.png

Destroy Windows 10 Spying v1.5 Build 423 & New Homepage

and

Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10 1.4.0.26 released

OP Updated!

Edited by UpGrade

Reminder: Some of these work with older windows versions by inserting a new host file

Destroy Windows 10 Spying
Latest Version 1.5.0.423
X2IwOzj.png
Stage of development: Pre-Release
Year / Release Date: 2015
Version: 1.5.0 Build 423
Developer: nummer
Bit: 32bit, 64bit
Language: English
License: Freeware
System requirements: Windows 10
Description: The program to disable spying in Windows 10, which is described in this article - Link Removed
The source code for those who "ochkuet"
The program disables the task keylogger in Windows 10.
In addition, it adds all the services of reception reports M $ to hosts file + disables advertising in Skype it.
It removes the (optional) application 10tki who are prevented many
I think this can be completed. About bugs evading the topic, and putting a log.

i tested the WFC configuration but it doesn't work too well for me.

the most problematic is the part that affects my access to NAS network which becomes unreachable, even by apps like treesize that fail to access the NAS to perform it's function even after allowing the exe through the wfc.

even the guide warns about this configurations issue for that

4. This may cause lower level services and networking to fail (even LAN Drives). It may require more effort than simply right click to whitelist to handle said services.

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/64640-Windows-Firewall-Configuration-Truly-Block-EVERYTHING

as such i will just have to use the less secure defaults, and just rely on o&oshutup10 and hope that is enough protection. so all wfc does for me is to block apps from calling home, and that function at least seems to work ^_^

akash.galaxy07

O&O ShutUp10 v1.1.1346 Disable Windows 10 Tracking v2.4.4

OP UPDATED!

very nice and useful thread, but, which one to use? there are many tools, which should I use? which is the best?

О&O ShutUp10 1.1.1347

Download : http://dl5.oo-software.com/files/ooshutup10/OOSU10.zip

Version 1.1.1347
  • Synchronization with Windows accounts is now possible
  • A Cortana setting was moved as a result of synchronization (Synchronization of language settings)
  • Graphic interface revised
  • FIX: Minor bug fixes
Edited by jordan4x