Getting new comp...

Guest 666Pyro666

Guest 666Pyro666

Ok so the computer I have now is a complete piece of turd. I'm talking like 650Mhz 128 RAM, Pentium 3 CPU, 30 gig hard drive-not to mention that I have one of them old school monitors that weigh like 20 pounds :P My friend custom built for me it about 5 years ago haven't changed a thing since then.

Now I'm looking for a new comp + monitor and I recently been to circuit city and found comps that have 1 gig RAM and 1 gig hard drive space plus like 3.2Ghz speed. Now those are pretty damn nice but cost alot.

So can you guys suggest a good machine that won't leave me homeless after I buy it? Also what's a good video card that's out there? Cause I am a gamer but don't know squat about video cards :)

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be better if you told us how much you're willing to pay first so we can work around that :)

Processors can cost as much as a PC these days.

mmm well I guess somewhere around 800-1000 green ones... any good ones out there for that price?

You wanting a new monitor with that?

• 1 month later...

my suggestion is: get a laptop (: acer 5024wlmi. works perfectly for games, doom3, nfsu most wanted black ed. 1gb ram, 64-bit cpu. 128 or 256mb graphics card..

I agree with tiger direct and new egg the brand matters but dont matter E-machines are not very reliable. Other than that make shure it is expandable Hp's are pretty reliable, cheap and expandable. Buy a Dell if you cant pay cash right now. Go with a custom job if you got plenty of cash on hand. They all seam to be pretty cheap right now look around though. I am shure others have a lot more to add so check back on this thread in a few days.

Archived