[android] How to backup and instal ROMs with "ROM Manager" app?

rudrax

I am a bit confused and not sure which files to download.

screenshot_1432471852.png

• Replies 30
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudrax

• dcs18

• captcha

• smallhagrid

So there is no way I can backup my current OEM ROM without rooting?

Click the following image for your answer:--

QWb4UnD.png

Alright phat man, I have installed the MobileGo latest version. I see there a "One-click root" option. Go is it that easy? If bot, tell me how it works?
Phew, so you decided to root your device - glad that good sense prevails . . . . . . . . . . finally! F3h9xqz.gif

Please do not use the root feature on Wondershare MobileGo - it is a half measure just like attempting a custom recovery without rooting. f62d0v2.gif

Then why did you tell me to download mobileGo?
Wondershare MobileGo was suggested to a stubborn person who insisted on a backup requirement without rooting his device - it was never offered as a rooting solution. h3uXN07.gif

Wondershare MobileGo is a very useful and convenient program which I use, myself - despite having full-blooded root on my device. I find it easier to make edits across the thousands of multi-structured fields on my contacts, identify duplication of numbers (in batch,) send high volumes of text messages when personalization is required or even when customization of content is the need of the hour. It brings me the possibility of backing-up my apps. with all their complex configurations on a safer storage media - the HDD on my Desktop Tower; separate from my device - your custom recovery becomes useless if your device is stolen. Wondershare MobileGo permits restore - individually, selectively or even completely. It allows me indexing & filing ease for my data and also every conceivable media . . . . . . . . etc., etc (hmm - was I sounding like a sales rep., for Wondershare?) :P

What Wondershare MobileGo can also do, but not as per our highest expectation, is to root your device - you need to employ a full-blooded rooting solution, instead.

What Wondershare MobileGo cannot do is displace a custom recovery - we need both forms (personally, I use an additional - third layer.) B)

So the one in xda forums is the full blooded root?
Yes! The very same one which I linked-up many moons ago, via PM - a full-blooded root ensures root privileges across all binaries.

For custom recovery, I suggest TWRP (Touch) instead of CWM and as for SuperSU, suggest the flash version at post # 2431 instead of the installation one.

What's the backup plan if the rooting process goes wrong?

If you think something will go wrong - it most certainly will. <_<

Take a break for a few days, play with your new toy Wondershare MobileGo - once you find yourself in a positive frame of mind, come back to this thread and we will root your device together. ;)

I'm ready to root. Just confused with the downloads. Tell me which one to download?

• 4 months later...

Recently, I've come across an app called "ROM Manager". What I know about it is - it can backup the current stock ROM of an android device and instal new ROM.

The best Backup Manager is Titanium Backup Pro - it needs root, though (ROM Manager, too.)

How to find out which one of the recovery tool is installed in my device (if one of them is already installed by the OEM in my device)?

Installation of CWM and TWRP is possible only for rooted Users - in other words, all good things in life are made for a rooted device.

Yeah titanium back up is good and for rooting i would recommend https://www.search4roots.com/

Just because I am curious...:

If you want a good root on your phone. Then try search4roots..

I looked there.

What I see is that they offer a single download and almost no info.

Certainly there is no info about what devices it works for.

Does anyone else here have any good info about this suggested site and tool ??

Thanks.