Copying Sd cards ?

Guest rostevens1

Guest rostevens1

I have a sd card that I would like to backup. I use the card in a fishfinder/gps unit.

I know sooner or later i am going to slip changing cards and drop one in the lake.

Ive tried just copying it and it appears to copy just find but it doesnt work. There must be some hidden files that I cant see and dont get copied.

Can some one give me a hand here or tell me where I can go to get some help?

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, it's not really "Software News" so I'll be moving this thread to an appropriate part of the forum.

Now... I'm assuming you just want to backup to your PC. If this is the case, and you're assuming it has some hidding files the easiest way to check this would be to click on Tools in the toolbar and click on "Folder Options". There's an option in there to hide hidden folders and files (in the view tab). Untick it.

Remember to set it back afterwards as you may accidentally delete Windows files sometime in the future if left.

Guest rostevens1
Firstly, it's not really "Software News" so I'll be moving this thread to an appropriate part of the forum.

Now... I'm assuming you just want to backup to your PC. If this is the case, and you're assuming it has some hidding files the easiest way to check this would be to click on Tools in the toolbar and click on "Folder Options". There's an option in there to hide hidden folders and files (in the view tab). Untick it.

Remember to set it back afterwards as you may accidentally delete Windows files sometime in the future if left.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to choose the wrong thread, I guess that is what you call it, I dont use chats or forums. Maybe I should, I just never have. You might tell me where you moved it to so I will know where to look.

Yes I know how to set windows up to see hidden files, but it still does not show anything extra on the sd card.

Yes i do want to back up to the pc but I want an extra sd card with the info on it incase I do misplace or drop the original overboard.

The sd is a commercialy sold fishing/navagation card. I am not interested in making illegal copys, I just want to make a back up for me. I am an older retired person and I cant afford to go out an spend another $200 to buy a new card everytime I loose my balence and drop the card in the lake.

I have tried everything I know to copy the card and it does copy. but the copy will not work in the unit. So it must be missingsomething. I think that there are some hidden files on the original card that windows can not see.

Is there any type of program that you can think of that will let me see what is on the card. Or a backup program for memory cards that might pick up hidden files??

Please help if you can.

thanks Ron

Archived