dvd copy software

Guest Jdawg

I run any dvd copy in with 1 click dvd and compress to one single layer dvd 5 in less than 20 min. burn out with intervideo 4 in less than 15 min. total time 20 to 35 min. for any movie. Can anybody beat that seriuosly.

• Replies 22
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i could, if i didn't do all my filtering to further enhance the quality/compression ratio (which obviously you don't) :P

seriously tho, once you account for denoising, the encode time with CCE jumps to ~6hrs per pass (and that's with a descent PC). but i usually only do an OPV so that isn't too bad, and i don't even wanna get into other filters i may use from time to time -- that'll obviously increase the encode time ( tweak, limitedsharpen, blinddehalo, the occasional telecide, and on and on and on). however, if i don't need to apply any filtering, usually the case with proper XviD rips, i can get it done in about 20-30mins max. plus, i make SVCDs for my viewing, so the compression is even more entensive and time consuming (it's worth it tho, seriously) :)

i could, if i didn't do all my filtering to further enhance the quality/compression ratio (which obviously you don't) :P

seriously tho, once you account for denoising, the encode time with CCE jumps to ~6hrs per pass (and that's with a descent PC). but i usually only do an OPV so that isn't too bad, and i don't even wanna get into other filters i may use from time to time -- that'll obviously increase the encode time ( tweak, limitedsharpen, blinddehalo, the occasional telecide, and on and on and on). however, if i don't need to apply any filtering, usually the case with proper XviD rips, i can get it done in about 20-30mins max. plus, i make SVCDs for my viewing, so the compression is even more entensive and time consuming (it's worth it tho, seriously) :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I cant tell the difference between my copy and the original I have a couple of hundred copy's I have played them on several different dvd players.

YOU may not be able to tell, but i could, trust me (i complain about some retail movies) :P

seriously tho, this is what i'm going to college for, so i kinda nit-pick people about it. but i bet your collection is filled with Rips that have halos (slight glow on edges), basic artifacts (from fuzzy edges to the square blocks) and obviously noise (the static you see when your REALLY close to the TV...really only effects compression...you cant see it from across th room). now, all these things affect compression in some form. like halos, not only are they fugly but they effect compression quite a bit...because your wasting data on encoding glows that aren't suppost to be there any ways (and noise would affect it because its a TON of little dots you dont need) ;)

infact, i bet you could get BETTER quality than the retail DVD if you were to denoise and sharpen your rips. halos and artifacts only really effect animes, but you see em on some regular movies every now and then (well, to a point you notice em that is, everything is bound to have artifacts and halos in one form or another). what software are you using, i can show you a few good filters if it has avisynth support? :)

YOU may not be able to tell, but i could, trust me (i complain about some retail movies) :P

seriously tho, this is what i'm going to college for, so i kinda nit-pick people about it. but i bet your collection is filled with Rips that have halos (slight glow on edges), artifacts (from fuzzy edges to the square blocks) and obviously noise (the static you see when your REALLY close to the TV...really only effects compression...you cant see it from across th room). now, all these things affect compression in some form. like halos, not only are they fugly but they effect compression quite a bit...because your wasting data on encoding glows that aren't suppost to be there any ways (and noise would affect it because its a TON of little dots you dont need) ;)

infact, i bet you could get BETTER quality than the retail DVD if you were to denoise and sharpen your rips. halos and artifacts only really effect animes, but you see em on some regular movies every now and then (well, to a point you notice em that is, everything is bound to have artifacts and halos in one form or another). what software are you using, i can show you a few good filters if it has avisynth support? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have found that 1 click dvd is the fastest ripper and is pretty simple to use, but the burner that comes with it is very slow and not reliable so I burn out with intervideo 4 it seems to burn faster with no problems or malfunctions that are very noticeable. I like to rip in so that I can play what I have ripped before I burn to keep from having any frisbee's. What do you recommend to denoise and sharpen my rips ? I would love to get any feedback that I can get.

i dunno if that has avisynth support, does it have the .AVS filetype listed on the open screen or have an option to apply avisyth functions (like virtualdubmod)?

any ways, i'd recomend using PixieDust, a function of DustV5, and LimitedSharpen (i tend to use the Soothe 'helper' aswell) :)

you'll need a few required files to use them tho (place them in your avisynth plugin folder)...

MaskTools.dll

LoadPluginEx2.dll

here's an example script i use for most dull/old movies, or on the occasional bootleg telecine, when making an SVCD from an AVI (so wont work for DVD->DVD conversions)...

LoadPlugin("D:\avs\LoadPluginEx2.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\avs\DustV5.dll")
Import("D:\avs\LimitedSharpen.avs")
Import("D:\avs\Soothe.avs")
AVISource("full.avi", audio=false)
SetMemoryMax(64)
ConvertToYUY2()
PixieDust()
ConvertToYV12()
dull  = last
sharp = dull.LimitedSharpen(ss_x=1.25, ss_y=1.25, strength=176, overshoot=1)
Soothe(sharp, dull)
ConvertToYUY2()
BicubicResize(448, 254, 0, 0.6)
Tweak(bright=11)
AddBorders(16, 113, 16, 113)

oh, and that script reminds me, accounting for your TVs overscan area with a resize and border addition can greatly improve most MPEG2 encodes (DVD/SVCD). plus, you get to see what would normally be cut off by the edges of your TV (also try using the KVCD matrix, if you can with your program, even if you make DVDs) :P

• 3 weeks later...

sorry that went so far over my head that i still dont have a descent responce i just dont know what the code means how to get there ,or even how to use it once i got there i guess i really am a noob :ph34r:

infact, i bet you could get BETTER quality than the retail DVD if you were to denoise and sharpen your rips. halos and artifacts only really effect animes, but you see em on some regular movies every now and then

sadly that is so truth. i paid for spykids 2 when it came out. that dvd was so fu. it was clean, no scratches and no finger prints on it. before that i had paid at one superwalmart vhs tape of scooby doo and the aliens. the video work but no sound on the tape. return it and got the same movie name at another walmart and it work just fine.

sorry that went so far over my head that i still dont have a descent responce i just dont know what the code means how to get there ,or even how to use it once i got there i guess i really am a noob  :lol:

your prolly best using whatever it is you use then, cause writing avisynth scripts and manual audio/video conversions can be a bitch (ie. not for noobs) :lol:

but, i worked at the local blockbuster for about a year 5-6 months ago, quit tho (ass holes) :P

sorry that went so far over my head that i still dont have a descent responce i just dont know what the code means how to get there ,or even how to use it once i got there i guess i really am a noob  :lol:

your prolly best using whatever it is you use then, cause writing avisynth scripts and manual audio/video conversions can be a bitch (ie. not for noobs) :P

but, i worked at the local blockbuster for about a year 5-6 months ago, quit tho (ass holes) :lol:

block busters is a dangerous place to work at. robberies all the time at one somewhere every so often. we got one bb in etown where im at that you dont ever see anyone going there. parkinglot empty near a mall.

block busters is a dangerous place to work at.  robberies all the time at one somewhere every so often.  we got one bb in etown where im at that you dont ever see anyone going there.  parkinglot empty near a mall.

You must live in one helluva area, all the BlockBusters around here are boomin.

block busters is a dangerous place to work at.  robberies all the time at one somewhere every so often.  we got one bb in etown where im at that you dont ever see anyone going there.  parkinglot empty near a mall.

You must live in one helluva area, all the BlockBusters around here are boomin.

bb at the city righ tout of the fort does just fine. (i do not rent) the etown one is 15 minutes away. etown is a bigger city all all but it sjust plain stupid for a military family to drive there when there is 3 movie buffes rent places (1 on post and 2 in the city just off post) we have 4-5 movie rental places that i know of within 5 minutes.

but reall bb's just are not safe. rob at night a lot. i rmember it on the news in different states over the years. we did have these 2 stupid sobs that thought they could keep robbing fast food places at late night time. they finally got caught.

Damn I haven't heard of a Blockbuster being robbed ever. Must be living under a rock.

Back on topic I use DVD Shrink for backups and it works fine. Takes about an hour to finish and awesome quality.

Damn I haven't heard of a Blockbuster being robbed ever.  Must be living under a rock. 

Back on topic I use DVD Shrink for backups and it works fine.  Takes about an hour to finish and awesome quality.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Way too much time try my way once and you wont go back ;)

Damn I haven't heard of a Blockbuster being robbed ever.  Must be living under a rock. 

Back on topic I use DVD Shrink for backups and it works fine.  Takes about an hour to finish and awesome quality.

Way too much time try my way once and you wont go back ;)

I'm very patient. :P Back when I used to download DVD quality movies, took me about 4 nights to get a whole movie done. ;)

WOW that must have sucked!!!, seriously though try AnyDVD and 1 Click DVD to copy in and Intervideo 4 to burn with and tell me what you think

• 4 months later...

i use dvd rebuilder with free HC encoder very good quality oh you will be able to notice the picture quality with those newer tvs and do you guys know which encoder has the best compression i did some wrestling dvds i had with dvd shrink and they looked alittle blocky is there anything better then thoses two

Archived