[Android] Google play store

rudrax

Google play store is kind of creepy to me. It eats all my data like crazy. Shows problems in downloading apps. It has two services - foreground and background. The background service uses more bandwidth than the foreground does. If I disable the background service, play store won't work anymore. So is there any solution available for no-root users?

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudrax

• dcs18

• leech99

• captcha

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Google play store will only eat your data. If you have your auto-update apps over data. I personally set mine on auto-update apps OVER Wi-Fi only. To do that Open play store, go to settings on the sidebar, then go to auto-update apps and change it to auto update Over Wi-Fi only.

I already have set the auto update to Wi-Fi only. The amount of background data uses is more than the foreground data uses.

I already have set the auto update to Wi-Fi only. The amount of background data uses is more than the foreground data uses.

In Account Settings turn of auto sync for Google Play Services.

So is there any solution available for no-root users?

This may sound off-topic - but, one of the prime advantages of rooting one's device is to be able to gain certain (otherwise impossible) administrative privileges and options WRT to GoogleApps (GApps):--

• The whole GoogleApps (GApps) package can be installed (separately), including Google Play Store.
  • Selective components from GoogleApps (GApps) can be installed, including (or excluding) Google Play Store (my personal poison.)
  • A modded Google Play Store can be installed (many like this option - not me) . . . . . . . . or
  • Other permutations and combinations can also be opted for.

Coming back to the present situation where one has not rooted one's device - a firewall can be deployed to block errant apps. (this is just a workaround and not my preferred layer - though, it can be resorted to as a secondary layer of supplementary defense.)

dcs 18 or anyothers...suggest me too any working no-root firewall.

Had suggested NoRoot Firewall to rudrax. ^_^

can i block any ips so tat advertisement can blocked in many apps.. ..if so give d source nd ips...if possible