nero vs other burn programs

Dce3480

nero vs other burning methods  

95 members have voted

1. 1. nero or other burn programs

well i use burnaware free it does the job quickly it has a simple interface not complicated it supports a lot of languages unlike nero

• Replies 64
  • Views 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hardly ever find the need to burn disks any more... nero was good way back in the day but is way too many bells and whistles now in most opinions besides there is plenty of totally free stuff out there without the need of adding hacks to your registry

I voted other because I can't afford Nero and cracks don't seem to work well these days. What I like to do is build images with Ashampoo Burning Studio and mostly burn with ImgBurn.

Nobody said anything about the Cyberlink suite. Came preinstalled on my PC and I upgraded it through the cracks from u guys on here. It Seems to do everything.

nero (lite) and imgburn are 2 of the best optical media burners available. actually there never have been a serious alternative, i mean with the same set of features. (there are generic cd burners out there by the truckload)

and yes people still use them. i don't want to gift a client a flash drive just so they can take the goods home once!

Why do you need to give something in a physical form to your clients? You have hundreds online alternatives and so on.

Because he wants to do it that way, why question it.

Anyburn only. You can't get better in any free or paid optical disc burning/authoring tools. No library regstration required like nero, burnware, cdburnerxp pro etc.

Full featured tool only in 1 MB in size.

ulJueZv.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ImgBurn. It's simple to use out of the box.

If you want to do something special, there are dozens of optional settings.

Pity the author seems to have abandoned the project. No updates in almost 3 years.

There a plenty of burning apps out there to choose from.  In my own personal taste most of these apps are let down by the user interface and the method to add files.  Sadly Nero is the only one to get it right with their explorer style file window which makes it easy and clear.  Because of that Im sticking with Nero.

Bloated Nero is out for me. Good choices are...
1) Burnaware Pro, which has many options and multiburn. (Although it is still 32-bit only and for Audio it does not write CD-text properly).
2) PowerISO, an ISO manager first, but a popular choice (for those who care, it has multiburn too).
3) EZ CD Audio Converter, best for burning Audio. It's good for other jobs too. For conversion however, it lacks behind CUETools and dbPoweramp.
4) freebees like CDBurnerXP and  IMGBurn. Personally I don't like IMGBurn (it requires attention and I am lazy).

Some Tips:
-1-
Replace your 20 dollar/EURO DVD burner with a high quality Bluray burner of 75 dollar/EURO Upwards.
It will burn CD and DVD in better quality too. Current devices (jan 2016):
LG BH16NS40, LG BH16NS55, Teac BD-W512GSA-100,
LG BE14NU40 External,
Pioneer BDR-TD05AS Slimline, Samsung SN-506BB/BEBE  Slimline,
Samsung SE-506CB/RSBD External.
-2-
When burning...
-a-
burn with lowest recommended speed for your hardware device.
-b-
don't undertake other PC activities at the same time, when your PC is low on RAM (6gb or less).
-c-
for Lossless Audio files to CD (FLAC, Ape, Wv) it's a good idea to remove (FLAC) compression first, which  can be done on the fly with dbPoweramp.

• 2 months later...

Lately I burn my CD/DVDs as images and I feel that best ISO manager and burner is Power ISO. Long, long time ago used to burn audio CDs and MP3 audio CDs and used Nero, but no more;I don't listen audio CDs any more, I don't even rip audio CDs - I download all my music. Currently I keep my MP3 backups on an external Hard Drive, listen MP3 player in my car.and on portable MP3 player at home. My sound system is connected to the computer's audio outlet and listen diectly internet radio or my own files saved on HD.

CDBurnerXP  all the way for me, used it to burn the mp3 cd that i use in the car. Backed up my movies on it.,  Now that my DVD+rw drive is broken / stopped working and now i've got 14tb of storage. I will eventually get a new dvd recorder, just i can load up files from dvds and to replace the Mp3 cd in my car.

Used Nero, but its bloatware. Ashampoo burning went the same way bloatware. have ultraiso installed but only use it to look at iso files,

I use Windows' built-in CD/DVD burner just by copy&pasting files on the disc, never had a problem so far. some 3rd party apps render the disc useless or unreadable 

• 4 months later...

I use Nero here. Sadly it is more bloated now then it was but seems ok. Still runs fast and reliable here.

Airstream_Bill

If I use one it is Ashampoo Burning Studio.

• 6 months later...

jesus, it's many years since i burned an optical media.

but the last prog i used was CDBurnerXP. that was ok for burning something like 3 media per year

Airstream_Bill

Ashampoo Burning Studio is the Best I think.  Considerably easier program to manipulate.  Depends on what one needs to do and personal preferences.

Nero became super bloatware.  CDBurnerXP or Burnaware Free work fine for anything I need to burn though I also use ImageBurn still.  I prefer the small programs that just do what they are supposed to do without all the bells and whistles. 

Archived