Which is the best back-up tool for Android

broascadilie

broascadilie

Hi guys.So i have an LG G3 D855 android phone with lolipop installed and ROOTED and i am searching for a tool that does these things :

Main pourpose is to back-up data from my phone and also should do the following things :

1.Backing up my preinstalled apps and my third party apps

2.Saving my phone settings for quick restore

3.Preferably an option to store my back-up in the cloud.

So after i decide to reinstall my OS on my phone i want an app that does these things quick and safely.

I tyred Titanium Back-up but i am convinced.

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• broascadilie

• lulz

• jamescantello

• lbman

From my experience, I can tell that "Online Nandroid Backup" does the trick.

Unlike Titanium Back-up or anything of that sort, Online Nandroid Backup backs up a complete image of your device, literally everything from your personal data and apps to the system files.

This is an android version of True Image, Drive Snapshot, and Norton's Ghost and so on.

Hope it helps.

If you're rooted you can flash TWRP Recovery onto the phone. It has NanDroid back up in it in case you ever want to revert back to whatever setting you had prior. On top of that, you can flash a bunch of custom roms on it beside just doing back up. For Apps alone, I would recommend Titanium Back up and for SMS back up, i suggest SMS Backup & Restore.

smallhagrid

A great suggestion as long as it will work with one's device:

From my experience, I can tell that "Online Nandroid Backup" does the trick.

Unlike Titanium Back-up or anything of that sort, Online Nandroid Backup backs up a complete image of your device, literally everything from your personal data and apps to the system files.

This is an android version of True Image, Drive Snapshot, and Norton's Ghost and so on.

Hope it helps.

From the author's write-up:

NOT ALL DEVICES ARE FULLY SUPPORTED AT THIS TIME! IF YOU DEVICE IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY WITH THIS APP PLEASE SEND ME A BUG REPORT!

Because of the above many folks cannot use this and it was last updated August 4, 2014.

( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.h3r3t1c.onnandbup )

If this app will work on your device, there is a nice looking guide for it, here:
http://nexus5.wonderhowto.com/how-to/flat-out-easiest-way-create-nandroid-backup-android-0156440/

I have always wanted to make such a full backup of my phone - but it is a minimal LG model and as yet I've not found any app that will make a full image style backup for it.

Makes me wonder why there are not more such apps around ??

I have Titanium Backup Pro on my system - however, it is suitable only for piecemeal backups.

For a full system-wide nandroid backup, I never use any online application - I prefer the inbuilt Recovery feature on my rooted device, at system reboot. This is the only imaging method of backing up one's data when the system processes are not locked - exactly like when using an Acronis True Image BootCD.

BTW, one the most important objective of rooting is to have the Recovery feature.

Edited by dcs18