• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iih1

• snf

• zavana

• BioHazard

• 4 weeks later...

I am on : https://www.ibvpn.com/

First I got from here 1 year giveaway , and after that I got an offer which I couldn't have refused it :P: 1 year for only 19$ ( Ultimate plan ).

There are no logs ,  there are lots of servers and secure protocols like SSTP.

Also has privacy features like no DNS leak and others.....:thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I use Operas built in VPN. It serves my needs just fine for "everyday surfing". I dont rely on it exclusively though. IMO Opera is a very nice browser. (S.O.T)

Unnecessary post or contents has made conflict/uncomfortable to others member has been removed from this thread.

• 4 weeks later...

AirVpn

It may be worth noting that so called VPN's such as HideAllIp and Hotspot Shield do not give you complete anonymity, if you test them with ;

https://dnsleaktest.com/

you will find that although they may hide your ISP in the first instant they often route through google servers who of course offer no anonymity..Dedicated VPN's such as AirVpn do not..

Capture.JPG

Edited by clubhouse

2 hours ago, clubhouse said:

It may be worth noting that so called VPN's such as HideAllIp and Hotspot Shield do not give you complete anonymity, if you test them with ;

https://dnsleaktest.com/

That dont got nothing too do with witch VPN you're  using that just means you're DNS is leaking and you need too set it up manually with other DNS servers  ...  Some vpn clients are better than others about  stopping DNS leaks .But it's easy to stop it yourself  if you know what you're doing .

Edited by steven36

19 minutes ago, steven36 said:

That dont got nothing too do with witch VPN you're  using that just means you're DNS is leaking and you need too set it up manually with other DNS servers  ...  Some vpn clients are better than others about  stopping DNS leaks .But it's easy to stop it yourself  if you know what you're doing .

Perhaps you'd like to share the method(s) that prevent DNS leaks, I know it would be a valuable contribution to the tutorials section :)

Edited by clubhouse

5 minutes ago, BioHazard said:

If using windows 10 have DNS leak check this out

https://www.avast.com/en-id/faq.php?article=AVKB233

We have also checked this VPN for DNS leaks at www.dnsleaktest.com and were somewhat disappointed to find out some servers which belong to our real ISP. In a nutshell, these DNS requests were transferred to the outside servers which belong not to SecureLine VPN, but Google.

http://www.best-vpn.net/secureline-vpn-review/

29 minutes ago, clubhouse said:

Perhaps you'd like to share the method(s) that prevent DNS leaks, I know it would be a valuable contribution to the tutorials section :)

Well the vpn I use now i dont need but the way i done it before with QuickSetDNS by nirsoft . I dont use none of the vpns you said no way but for other reasons not because DNS leaks . If you ever used Open VPN client instead a  vendors client  you learn changing DNS is a whole separate process . That's always been a caveat  with VPNs some people poorly configuring them . A VPN client  changing you're DNS is not mandatory

if you're serious  about using a VPN  . The 1st thing you meed too learn is how too stop DNS and Iipv6 leaks there's lots of info on it on the internet  I leaned how too do in Windows and Linux .Or ether you need to shop around and find one that have a DNS leak proof client .

Edited by steven36

I have a DNS leak proof client, I posted the result from DNS leak test...But I and I don't doubt others would like to know your EASY method of preventing DNS leaks, you said it please demonstrate for the benefit of others after all "caring is sharing" :)

Edited by clubhouse

28 minutes ago, clubhouse said:

I have a DNS leak proof client, I posted the result from DNS leak test...But I and I don't doubt others would like to know your EASY method of preventing DNS leaks, you said please demonstrate for the benefit of others after all "caring is sharing" :)

There's other topics on the broad already about it  .

Here are 7 ways

https://www.vpnranks.com/7-ways-for-dns-leak-protection-when-using-vpn/

But just because you stop DNS leaks dont mean nothing. Some free VPN  and some of the more shabby paid Vpns  use Google DNS  witch is a oxymoron if  you're using a VPN  to stop services from selling you're Data witch is a big issue in the USA were everything sells you're Data.. Also some VPNs sell you're data and inject there own ads so  always read the red tape  there toss too see what you're installing .

Edited by steven36

I think we have a misunderstanding here Steven, you said it was easy to prevent DNS leaks if you know what you are doing, I simply asked you to tell us all so we could benefit from your knowledge..Adding links to external sites is really helping :)

Using dnsleaks extended...

Capture.JPG

15 minutes ago, steven36 said:

There's other topics on the broad already about it  .

Here are 7 ways

https://www.vpnranks.com/7-ways-for-dns-leak-protection-when-using-vpn/

But just because you stop DNS leaks dont mean nothing. Some free VPN  and some of the more shabby paid Vpns  use Google DNS  witch is a oxymoron if  you're using a VPN  to stop services from selling you're Data witch is a big issue in the USA were everything sells you're Data..

Quoting myself from my first post in this thread...

"you will find that although they may hide your ISP in the first instant they often route through google servers who of course offer no anonymity..Dedicated VPN's such as AirVpn do not.."

4 minutes ago, clubhouse said:

I think we have a misunderstanding here Steven, you said it was easy to prevent DNS leaks if you know what you are doing, I simply asked you to tell us all so we could benefit from your knowledge..Adding links to external sites is really helping :)

What's wrong you dont know how too read or what? If you're not willing too do the footwork you will just stay naive! . It is easy too stop by changing  you're DNS  to another one that  dont belong too you're ISP.  But the 1st thing you need too learn is how too change it . Besides the board is loading slow and hard for me too post right now . I never had no one to hold my hand  and tech me things I learn what I know from reading  and testing in the field. 

LOL, okay, I got it, the truth is you don't know how to "hide" your DNS...That's okay too, I know that my VPN service doesn't leak any DNS and that's all I need, not the Bullshxt from other know-it-alls.

22 minutes ago, clubhouse said:

LOL, okay, I got it, the truth is you don't know how to "hide" your DNS...That's okay too, I know that my VPN service doesn't leak any DNS and that's all I need, not the Bullshxt from other know-it-alls.

You dont need too worry about me  you only need too worry about  if you're DNS leaks  I dont have  too because mine is not leaking , but yes it's very easy for me too change mine too any thing i want  i just uncheck DNS  from my vpn client  and use DNS Quickset and add 3rdy party DNS servers  to all my adapters .  I'm not at anybodies house i can't fix it for them they have too fix it there self . If you're not having problems and don't need help why ask so many questions to began with? Do i look like you're VPN providers  technical assistant? You always use the troll card  too start putting people down  because of you're own lack of  technical knowledge . Just a few years ago you use too argue with me that  there was no good reason too use a VPN  I guess this was before you're country decided to give 10 years for downloading warez . :P 

Edited by steven36

My testing machine was setup using google public DNS

on Windows 10 x64 (1703 RS2) with smart multi-homed name resolution turned off.

https://ipleak.net/

DNS leak using Avira Phantom VPN

Spoiler

HBgE3WH.png

DNS leak using F-secure Freedome VPN

Spoiler

MUEZCOz.png

Windscribe VPN

Spoiler

eZvQiF7.png

With no VPN

Spoiler

bhis4Ka.png

It seems windows 10 really have problems leaking DNS.

Edited by BioHazard