• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iih1

• snf

• zavana

• BioHazard

"Privacy? I don't have anything to hide."

Over the last 16 months, as I've debated this issue around the world, every single time somebody has said to me, "I don't really worry about invasions of privacy because I don't have anything to hide." I always say the same thing to them. I get out a pen, I write down my email address. I say, "Here's my email address. What I want you to do when you get home is email me the passwords to all of your email accounts, not just the nice, respectable work one in your name, but all of them, because I want to be able to just troll through what it is you're doing online, read what I want to read and publish whatever I find interesting. After all, if you're not a bad person, if you're doing nothing wrong, you should have nothing to hide." Not a single person has taken me up on that offer.

Glenn Greenwald in Why privacy matters - TED Talk

Global Mass Surveillance - The Fourteen Eyes

UKUSA.png

The UKUSA Agreement is an agreement between the United Kingdom, United States, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand to cooperatively collect, analyze, and share intelligence. Members of this group, known as the Five Eyes, focus on gathering and analyzing intelligence from different parts of the world. While Five Eyes countries have agreed to not spy on each other as adversaries, leaks by Snowden have revealed that some Five Eyes members monitor each other’s citizens and share intelligence to avoid breaking domestic laws that prohibit them from spying on their own citizens. The Five Eyes alliance also cooperates with groups of third party countries to share intelligence (forming the Nine Eyes and Fourteen Eyes), however Five Eyes and third party countries can and do spy on each other.

Five Eyes
1. Australia

2. Canada

3. New Zealand

4. United Kingdom

5. United States of America

Nine Eyes
6. Denmark

7. France

8. Netherlands

9. Norway

Fourteen Eyes
10. Belgium

11. Germany

12. Italy

13. Spain

14. Sweden

Why is it not recommended to choose a US based service?

USA.png

Services based in the United States are not recommended because of the country’s surveillance programs, use of National Security Letters (NSLs) and accompanying gag orders, which forbid the recipient from talking about the request. This combination allows the government to secretly forcecompanies to grant complete access to customer data and transform the service into a tool of mass surveillance.

An example of this is Lavabit – a discontinued secure email service created by Ladar Levison. The FBI requested Snowden’s records after finding out that he used the service. Since Lavabit did not keep logs and email content was stored encrypted, the FBI served a subpoena (with a gag order) for the service’s SSL keys. Having the SSL keys would allow them to access communications (both metadata and unencrypted content) in real time for all of Lavabit’s customers, not just Snowden's.

Ultimately, Levison turned over the SSL keys and shut down the service at the same time. The US government then threatened Levison with arrest, saying that shutting down the service was a violation of the court order.

Key disclosure law - Who is required to hand over the encryption keys to authorities?

Mandatory key disclosure laws require individuals to turn over encryption keys to law enforcement conducting a criminal investigation. How these laws are implemented (who may be legally compelled to assist) vary from nation to nation, but a warrant is generally required. Defenses against key disclosure laws include steganography and encrypting data in a way that provides plausible deniability.

Steganography involves hiding sensitive information (which may be encrypted) inside of ordinary data (for example, encrypting an image file and then hiding it in an audio file). With plausible deniability, data is encrypted in a way that prevents an adversary from being able to prove that the information they are after exists (for example, one password may decrypt benign data and another password, used on the same file, could decrypt sensitive data).

Related Information

Source

https://www.privacytools.io/

Hello, i just have 3 days trial ,i´d like to find Trial reset.

:rolleyes: 914mrx

If you don't mind send me your Reg Key

Hello, i just have 3 days trial ,i´d like to find Trial reset.

:rolleyes: 914mrx

If you don't mind send me your Reg Key

Hello,

not yet installed it because I don't have the Trial Reset.
914mrx :s

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I tested few VPN services and reached some conclusion.

Hotspot Shield - WebRTC leak. (https://ipleak.net)

Steganos OkayFreedom VPN - DNS leak (https://www.dnsleaktest.com ; https://ipleak.net ) 

Avira Phantom VPN - WebRTC leak (https://ipleak.net

ZenMate - Never worked for me.(Disconnections and no connection ) Browser extension is good

HideMyAss - (Couldn't afford the cost)

F secure freedome VPN - (Need modern graphics card for its GUI to run that's a bit odd, not compatible with old PC only working with new one though there are no great offers or servers )

SecurityKISS VPN - Good VPN but no great offers.

CyberGhost VPN - Best and solid VPN (Never let me down)

Many VPNs dont offer any Web RTC or DNS leak protection. They only hide IP and encrypts the data.

Edited by Curious

Curious,

About F-Secure Freedome:

If your graphics card is not a modern one, you can use F-Secure Freedome version 1.0.2352.0. No need to update program to latest version.

Also, if you wanna get rid of te message ”New updated version” to F-Secure Freedome, follow these steps:

1. Open Regedit
2. Go to:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\F-Secure\Freedome
3. Click on Freedome key
4. Remove the Value data from these String Value:
   - UpdateDownloadUrl
   - UpdateUrl
5. Close Regedit

Edited by Chatman

9 minutes ago, Chatman said:

About F-Secure Freedome:

If your graphics card is not a modern one, you can use F-Secure Freedome version 1.0.2352.0. No need to update program to latest version.

Also, if you wanna get rid of te message ”New updated version” to F-Secure Freedome, follow these steps:

1. Open Regedit
2. Go to:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\F-Secure\Freedome
3. Click on Freedome key
4. Remove the Value data from these String Value:
   - UpdateDownloadUrl
   - UpdateUrl
5. Close Regedit

4 hours ago, Curious said:

Steganos OkayFreedom VPN - DNS leak (https://www.dnsleaktest.com ; https://ipleak.net ) 

There is no DNS leak in Steganos OkayFreedom/OnlineShield VPN. I've checked earlier and recently as well using many testing sites including the two which you specified above. It might be your modem/router settings/other s/w creating issues for you.

1 hour ago, Chatman said:

CyberGhost VPN - Best and solid VPN (Never let me down)

CyberGhost is good but the there is a controversy on HID data collection of some hardware like graphic card,...

58 minutes ago, vissha said:

There is no DNS leak in Steganos OkayFreedom/OnlineShield VPN. I've checked earlier and recently as well using many testing sites including the two which you specified above. It might be your modem/router settings/other s/w creating issues for you.

CyberGhost is good but the there is a controversy on HID data collection of some hardware like graphic card,...

Yes you are right, DNS leak only happened with my second internet connection. Okay freedom flat rate promo is great I have been using it for a while now ,also It provides good encryption.I noticed it changes DNS address too.Not sure about the reason  it might be something related to my modem or router. I read about Cyberghost VPN hardware ID collection recently however I  still believe it is a great VPN.:cheers:

Edited by Curious

Hotspot Shield - WebRTC leak.  in my case

Your IP address - WebRTC detection

yes.pngNo leak, RTCPeerConnection not available.

I´m using firefox, with “media.peerconnection.enabled”  = false

Hotspot Shield Elite 6.20.1, for me

IP, no leak
WebRTC, no leak
DNS, no leak
Torrent, no leak

Edited by npo33770
update info

VPN I use is not mentioned within this thread. I like that!
It passes all leak tests, does not log anything period(claimed), can be purchased with a gift card, has 50+ servers.

Edited by 46&2