Donations

shought

Make the site subscription based, say 20 euros/dollars 15 pounds sterling or equivalent in other currencies (adjust for standard of living) and add some extra forums which are for star members (those that subscribe).

Also add a games section with thousands of flash games.

Always attracts people.

I would subscribe and if 50 others subscribed that's cost sorted with some left over for games subs.

• Replies 99
  • Views 31.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost 8 thousand unique users in the past day and 56 backers.. :(

nsane deserves more, just $5 per users would be great too you know...

Just one word - wow!

What an absolutely incessant and relentless top-of-the-RSU advertising - nowadays, I just can't seem to get sleep without taking a peek-a-boo at this wonderful display of eye candy (probably one of the reasons I decided to make a comeback) . . . . . . . wow:--

H3RbAhM.png

I gave nsanedown & nsaneforums $5.00 :ganja: ! :rasta: :coolwink: :eekout:

ROMANTICGUY50

This is a great site. Its needs our support. More people really need to donate. If you enjoy the site then please donate to keep it running.

Airstream_Bill

Sure Hope that NSANEDOWN gets the donations it needs. I have been gone on Vacation for 2 Weeks. I think that the total donated only went up $20, or $25 Dollars in TWO Weeks. Darn !!!! Well I hope they get the Donations this site asked for in the Days that are Remaining.

We did not "need" to reach 2000. It would have allowed us to get a much faster server though.

Also I'm installing a new server for the frontpage anyway, as we speak.

not actively seeking donations and at the same time hiding the fact we need "some" donations are sort of at counter points

not actively seeking donations and at the same time hiding the fact we need "some" donations are sort of at counter points

Not at all. We needed donations because the ad income was running dry. But now we have received some so we don't "need" more.

However we still accept them because with more donations we can get a better server.

The donation was always intended to run for a specified time (April 1st).

• 2 weeks later...
dustinthewind

I gave nsanedown & nsaneforums $5.00 :ganja: ! :rasta: :coolwink: :eekout:

yup :rolleyes: Good man!! :flowers:

• 2 weeks later...

nsane forums will always be here peace up nsane down :party:

We reached half of our goal and we're glad with every penny we got. We will use the money to keep running nsane.forums and nsane.down for as long as possible.

We recently downgraded the frontpage server (because the code has been optimized, so we don't need as much memory) and will be upgrading the forums server soon (adding 50% more RAM, another CPU core and SSD storage). Let's hope YOUR donations and our changes will allow nsane to grow for years to come!

We reached half of our goal and we're glad with every penny we got. We will use the money to keep running nsane.forums and nsane.down for as long as possible.

We recently downgraded the frontpage server (because the code has been optimized, so we don't need as much memory) and will be upgrading the forums server soon (adding 50% more RAM, another CPU core and SSD storage). Let's hope YOUR donations and our changes will allow nsane to grow for years to come!

Great to see that our hard earned money spent on donations are used cleverly. I mean - instead of just sticking to the previous setup, one is optimizing stuff for maximum performance with cost in mind. Meaning the donations will come to even better use!

A little donation from me as a token of my appreciation to the forum. I'm late in giving the donation, I'm always late to do things, but better late than never. I think I'll be the last one in this campaign. :rolleyes:

• Administrator

Ok, so we already have an upgrade or not

Choosing wisely is more important than choosing quickly.

====

Thanks to all that purchased some of our artwork. I hope the pieces have been well used.

Archived